OT: - Butler's Chris Holtmann named new Ohio State coach | The Boneyard

OT: Butler's Chris Holtmann named new Ohio State coach

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing us reach out to Vermont Academy's Christian David if he decommits. He's one of the most underrated players in the 2017 class IMO. 6'6, solid shooter, loves to post up smaller players, and a good passer for his size. Ideal for either wing spot and we need a 3.

Throw in the fact that he's friends with Shittu, and it's a no brainer that he'd be a great fit.

Reaction Score
Such crazy timing on OSU's part. I don't envy Butler, who now has to scramble to figure out a coach right in the midst of prime recruiting time.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing us reach out to Vermont Academy's Christian David if he decommits. He's one of the most underrated players in the 2017 class IMO. 6'6, solid shooter, loves to post up smaller players, and a good passer for his size. Ideal for either wing spot and we need a 3.

Throw in the fact that he's friends with Shittu, and it's a no brainer that he'd be a great fit.

Or Christian goes to OSU with the coach? Nice idea though, guessing the coaches are thinking along the same lines as they know the recruits so well.

Reaction Score
Such crazy timing on OSU's part. I don't envy Butler, who now has to scramble to figure out a coach right in the midst of prime recruiting time.
Micah Shrewsberry is still an assistant for Brad Stevens. I think he'd be an ideal hire for Butler.

Reaction Score
Butler does seem to be a coaching factory. Quite a bit of turnover the past 5 years, yet still building a winning franchise.

Reaction Score

Let's compare now:

Jay Wright - Nova, Chris Mullin - St John, ??? (in house hire) - Butler, Patrick Ewing - Georgetown, Dave Leitao - DePaul, Greg McDermott - Creighton, Steve Wojciechowski - Marquette, Kevin Willard - Seton Hall, Ed Cooley - Providence, Chris Mack - Xavier

Vs.

Kevin Ollie - UCONN, Gregg Marshall - Wichita State, Tim Jankovich - SMU, Mick Cronin - Cincinnati, Tubby Smith - Memphis, Johnny Dawkins - UCF, Kelvin Sampson - Houston, Frank Haith - Tulsa, Fran Dunphy - Temple, Brian Gregory - USF, Mike Dunleavy - Tulane, Jeff Lebo - ECU

I'd take that second group all day... and throw Lebo to the curb. Let Lebo and Leitao go off and play a game of badminton.

I suspect the bids are going to rise and the two conferences are going to be very comparable relatively soon. Wichita State was just what the West end needed to amp things up for the West wing. Still some kinks but we are gonna see some good basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom