Butler Postgame Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Butler Postgame Thread

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say AM is a guard. She is a wing or 4. She is more a tweener really, but you don't want her covering too many guards for long stretches. She has a really good handle but she is not a guard in my view. Also, IIRC, they came in at the same time.
No, she's a 2/3 or 3/2 that can play the 1 or sorta the 4. She's better at the 1 than the 4 though.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Perhaps I should have addressed the poster who first used the term in referring to Anna. You used it in reply to defend the object of his post. But it's not a flattering nick name. " 1. to cause to waste away by or as if by excessive fasting."
I honestly believe the OP was tripped up by spell check. And the waste away definition is noted as "archaic'. The word now means to soak food in liquid to soften it. Still not flattering as a nickname for sure. I am a big fan of AM and I appreciate all the other things she does beyond scoring . Her passes led to a dozen points last night and her steals to a few more.

Reaction Score
I don't think tears flowed for Nika. They did for DT in the horrible semifinal. On to Nashville.

If you watched the game, Nika was clearly in tears as evidenced during a close up of the two of them as Geno was speaking with her.

Reaction Score
The poking seems to be like “how are you going to respond.” Because she clearly didn’t want to look at Geno, or the tears would have fallen. But Nika’s a competitor. I think she’s her own worst enemy. She’s always the first off the bench it seems, so Geno obviously loves what she does in practice. It’s just not translating to games yet. I wasn’t expecting much from her this season. But Geno’s trying to get her to 20 minutes a game, so she’s clearly doing something right

I think Geno sees that IF Muhl can run the point then Bueckers can focus on scoring. Given the on & off shooting from other team mates that would be welcome. A lot of Muhl's defensive tactics back home are fouls here. So she tried to avoid fouling and got reamed by Geno for not defending well. The freshman has played 5 games but some have already made up their minds.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Pox Vobiscum @Fairfield Fan
@RockyMTblue2 , I believe you are striking a concilialtory note here. But you have just wished a virile disease upon the intended target of your apology. The Latin phrase you seek is "Pax vobiscum" which translates as peace be with you. My old altar boy training is showing through! :oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Before we agree to disagree please reread the specific question you posed. That question was: Why is she the first guard off the bench? Not to be an equal smartass but the answer remains the same: Nika is the ONLY scholarship guard available to come off the bench. Regardless of what rotation Geno comes up with that will not change until Saylor is ready to play. :eek: On second thought Autumn did outscore Nika last night..... so maybe Geno has more options than I though for the guard rotation.
Seriously GIF by Debby Ryan

Reaction Score
I agree, but it was still hard to watch. Especially the poking. OTOH, she's young and tough as nails.
I thought the poking was him teasing her about getting a basket. She didn’t respond or look at him, then it got serious.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I watched the game for a second time and noticed that on the play that Anna threw the ball to CW on the back door cut (1:10.50) was because Paige told her too. It looks like Anna was getting ready to throw the ball to Paige but Paige appears to signal with her hands for Anna to throw the ball to CW who was open under the basket.

Reaction Score
No, she's a 2/3 or 3/2 that can play the 1 or sorta the 4. She's better at the 1 than the 4 though.
I don't think she is a 2. She is not a 1 but probably could play it in a pinch but she can't defend a 1. Offensively, she can play 2-4, (1 in a pinch) but probably best at 4 in my view. She is not quite as good a rebounder as you want at the 4 and may have problems defending a big 4.

Defensively, is another story. She is not as bad as some say, but does have limitations against athletic players, which means she probably would struggle to defend most 1 and 2s and top level 3s.

As a result, she is a tweener but used well, she can be very effective.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't think she is a 2. She is not a 1 but probably could play it in a pinch but she can't defend a 1. Offensively, she can play 2-4, (1 in a pinch) but probably best at 4 in my view. She is not quite as good a rebounder as you want at the 4 and may have problems defending a big 4.
Why would you say that?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
didnt you say she was a 2/3?
Yes. Why would you say she isn't a 2? (especially when you said she could play the 2-4)

Reaction Score
Yes. Why would you say she isn't a 2? (especially when you said she could play the 2-4)
to be clear, I said on offense she could do it, but defensively this would probably be a struggle.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
to be clear, I said on offense she could do it, but defensively this would probably be a struggle.
So basically, you're agreeing she can play the 2.

With her lack of quickness, she's gonna have trouble with 1v1 defense at any position.

So, once again she's a 2/3 or 3/2 with the ability to play the 1 and 4, though not as effective. It's probably 3, 2, 1, 4, in that order of effectiveness.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
@RockyMTblue2 , I believe you are striking a concilialtory note here. But you have just wished a virile disease upon the intended target of your apology. The Latin phrase you seek is "Pax vobiscum" which translates as peace be with you. My old altar boy training is showing through! :oops:
Gag...a pox on my spelling.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

With her lack of quickness, she's gonna have trouble with 1v1 defense at any position.

So, once again she's a 2/3 or 3/2 with the ability to play the 1 and 4, though not as effective. It's probably 3, 2, 1, 4, in that order of effectiveness.
And probably 3,4,2,1 in terms of what this years team needs from her.

Reaction Score

I say 4,3,2,1 but it depends on the opponent. She would have more problems with quickness at the 1 and 2 than she would at the 3 an 4. Some threes would give her problems with quickness but most 1s and 2s would. To me she is more like a 4/3 or most might say 3/4. I'd hope I would have better options than her at the 2, so that would be a no for me just because I think she would have problems defensively.

I hope that clears this up. Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom