Butler Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Butler Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Butler game:
  • A little uneven at times tonight. I would really love to see just how well this UConn team could play if they are ever able to get in a bunch of games in a row to gain some consistency in their execution.
  • Aubrey earned the start tonight with her play vs Providence, and she will remain the starter against the longer, more athletic LV’s. Aubrey just continues to make plays. She was the X-factor in last year’s TN game.
  • Nice scoring balance with all 5 starters in double figures. Good to see Christyn find her game.
  • Mir’s energy, defense and rebounding continue to impress.
  • Nika is no longer 0 for America. If you’re finally going to make a shot, it might as well be a 3! But it should be pointed out that she was outscored by Autumn.

Reaction Score
Well............Hooray for Chris Daly getting getting her 1099th win. I fell asleep during the fourth quarter and when I woke up, the game was over. Wow! 103. Did Nika score? Looks like Thursday will be the showdown. Hope they shoot the lights out then.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Great win of course but It's hard to measure progress this year. With so many stops and starts with weeks between games nothing can happen on a regular schedule. We have yet to play a really tough team and we have several new young players. Maybe Thursday will finally be a test.

Reaction Score
A good high school team beat a mediocre middle school team. Of course UConn scored more than a 100. Butler was too short and too few. But you learn nothing from a game like this. We actually have no idea if UConn is actually any good. The last game I watched before this was Colorado-Stanford. Both would have likely taken UConn. It isn’t Geno’s fault. He scheduled the big boys. COVID took them away. Unless UConn can schedule real competition, I don’t like their chances for FF.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Paige played one of the best defensive games I seen from a UCONN player since Kelly Faris graduated. Hopefully you all know how I fell about defense. Kara is commenting on it now in the post game show.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well............Hooray for Chris Daly getting getting her 1099th win. I fell asleep during the fourth quarter and when I woke up, the game was over. Wow! 103. Did Nika score? Looks like Thursday will be the showdown. Hope they shoot the lights out then.
Will send u a case of red bull.

Reaction Score
A good high school team beat a mediocre middle school team. Of course UConn scored more than a 100. Butler was too short and too few. But you learn nothing from a game like this. We actually have no idea if UConn is actually any good. The last game I watched before this was Colorado-Stanford. Both would have likely taken UConn. It isn’t Geno’s fault. He scheduled the big boys. COVID took them away. Unless UConn can schedule real competition, I don’t like their chances for FF.
OK Dokey

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Unless? What exactly do you think is going to happen for the remainder of the season?

FFS.

Reaction Score
Umm okay..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Evina got my badass award. When her knee is right she's an AA. Not only that but she's UConn's offensive glue and go to basket. Paige gets the glory, but so far, Evina is this teams playa.

Reaction Score
Way to piss in the punch bowl.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Paige played one of the best defensive games I ever seen from a UCONN player since Kelly Faris graduated. Hopefully you all know how I fell about defense. Kara is commenting on it now in the post game show.
Yes. But Evina's defense was almost as good I think.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Evina got my badass award. When her knee is right she's an AA. Not only that but she's UConn's offensive glue and go to basket. Paige gets the glory, but so far, Evina is this teams playa.
The other thing I really like about Evina is that she plays with a nasty attitude, and I mean that in a good way. Really looking forward to see what happens in Knoxville on Thursday.

Reaction Score
One of the funniest post I've read in a long time.

Reaction Score
Good game to knock off the rust. That said, Butler wasn't much of a challenge. I feel a lot better about Thursday than I did this morning. Yes, Autumn outscored Nika, but Nika had a layup in sight and passed to Autumn for the unchallenged layup so I don't think you can make too much of Autumn "outscoring" Nika. ?

Nice to see CW and Aubrey have good games and Olivia played very well. Tennessee's size will be a good test for the front court players.

REALLY liked the 10 of 22 from the arc. If they can keep that up and space the floor it will allow Olivia et al to be much more effective inside.

No, Anna did not score, but she did a lot of other things very, very well. She let the game come to her and did her part accordingly. They obviously did not need her scoring tonight but as usual, she had some fine assists and was instrumental in keeping the ball moving in the half court offense.

Paige was quiet in the first half, although she had six assists. When she missed her first two shots she stopped looking for shots and went back to distributing the ball. Played much better offensively in the second half.

If they can get a string of games together to build on consistency, they are going to be scary come tournament time (fingers crossed that there will be a tournament and that the number of cancelled games drops now that we are through the Christmas and New Year's holidays that I think had a lot to do with the spike in cases).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom