Butler game cancelled (merged multiple threads) | The Boneyard

Butler game cancelled (merged multiple threads)

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2022-02-04 092839.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well good, then i don't have to decide whether to drive to Gampel tonight in icy conditions or skip the game. But bummer, so many cancelled games this year, looking forward to every one.

Are travel / weather problems a forfeit situation or a postponement / cancel situation like COVID?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Assume they don't come.

As of now we have missed Marquette/G'Town/'Nova/DePaul/Butler.

Assume we do not make up any of them. If we play the rest of the upcoming schedule we will have 26 games.
NCAA wants...as of now...at least 25. Will they count conference tourney games? We would probably play 3....no guarantees.

Possible make -up dates for us? Large gap between game on Feb. 13 and 18. Another between Feb. 20 and 25.
Problem might be that the other 5 teams might not have a similar gap. Hope we try to arrange getting one or two make-up games in...preferably DePaul because they are legit.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Assume they don't come.

Assume we do not make up any of them. If we play the rest of the upcoming schedule we will have 26 games.
NCAA wants...as of now...at least 25. Will they count conference tourney games? We would probably play 3....no guarantees.

Possible make -up dates for us? Large gap between game on Feb. 13 and 18. Another between Feb. 20 and 25.
Problem might be that the other 5 teams might not have a similar gap. Hope we try to arrange getting one or two make-up games in...preferably DePaul because they are legit.

There has to be some accommodations made by NCAA to remove hard cap limits like minimum 25 games. 20+ games should be enough. Teams should not be put into situations that might endanger unsafe desperate travel or plating conditions

Reaction Score
Assume they don't come.

We already made up the DePaul game on 1/26. They're on the schedule again on 2/11.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ugh! I had hoped that Butler would try to get out of Indy early yesterday to beat the weather. They may face an additional problem if Seton Hall can’t get out of NJ for their game in Indy on Sunday afternoon.

Reaction Score
The game has officially been canceled per The UConn Blog on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Hate all these cancellations and postponements. With all the upheavals with the roster and people in and out of the lineup, the ladies need to PLAY. If they can get 5 or 6 games in according to the established schedule, Geno can figure out how to put the pieces together without having to wait for Paige to return full tilt.
Also, on a personal level, I look forward to these d___n games!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The game has officially been canceled per The UConn Blog on Twitter.
I want to hit the dislike on this post, but it’s not like you did anything.

I’m shaking my head here. We just cannot catch a break this year.

This Is Great I Love It GIF by Kinda Funny

Reaction Score
You can exchange your tickets for the TN game while supplies last - upper level only. - Bring them to the XL Center box office on game day beginning at 10:00 am - Season ticket holders will retain access to their seats.

Reaction Score
Ugh! I had hoped that Butler would try to get out of Indy early yesterday to beat the weather. They may face an additional problem if Seton Hall can’t get out of NJ for their game in Indy on Sunday afternoon.
Seton Hall shouldn't have a problem getting out of New Jersey on Sunday. It's going to be sunny all weekend.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Officially canceled. Womp, womp.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Seton Hall shouldn't have a problem getting out of New Jersey on Sunday. It's going to be sunny all weekend.
The game is a 2:00 pm, so they will have to leave pretty early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom