Busting Brackets: UConn Mt. Rushmore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Busting Brackets: UConn Mt. Rushmore

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let's not over think it: Jim Calhoun, Ray Allen, Emeka Okafor, and Kemba Walker.
Nope, you can't keep out players that didn't get done at the expense of players that did. Rip had 20+ points in every tourney game. Not only did he lead our 1st Championship team, it was our first FF as well. UConn had the dubious record of most NCAA appearances without a FF at the time. The trailblazer has to get in. And I am happy with Bazz over Emeka. The extra NC gives him the nod.

Reaction Score
It's not difficult to make the argument Rip is the best Husky ever.
He was the guy who finally broke through the glass ceiling for the program, I feel like for that reason he’s at the top of the list

Reaction Score
Thanks. I didn't think so, but I don't remember much about the National Championship game other than it feeling like an inevitable march to victory from the tip. The Duke game was a whole 'nother thing. I was there for both, but really never felt like the Ga. Tech game was in doubt.
Interesting fact: Ben and Emeka (24 points) nearly outscored GTech (26 points) in the first half in leading UConn to a 41-26 halftime lead.

The lead ballooned to 25 in the second half (14:08 and again at 12:21 to go) before Gtech made a pretty crazy rally to cut it to 7 or 8 in the final minute or so.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Calhoun, Shabazz, Olander, Giffey

3>2>1>0

Have there been any other players who won NC rings for 2 different coaches?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How crazy is it that guys who were beasts in college and had good stints in the NBA like Marcus Williams, AJ Price, Charlie Villanueva, Rudy Gay, Jeremy Lamb etc don’t even get a mention? AJ Price would be the all time best player for 80% of college teams

Reaction Score
Nope, you can't keep out players that didn't get done at the expense of players that did. Rip had 20+ points in every tourney game. Not only did he lead our 1st Championship team, it was our first FF as well. UConn had the dubious record of most NCAA appearances without a FF at the time. The trailblazer has to get in. And I am happy with Bazz over Emeka. The extra NC gives him the nod.
I agree with your selection of Rip, and with your rationale for selecting him. But I disagree with Bazz over Emeka - Mek was the far better basketball player. I also believe that Ray and Kemba were arguably the best players in UConn history and, as such, belong as well. So give me a hammer and chisel so I can carve Rip, Emeka, Ray and Kemba into that mountain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom