bunch of questions about all time leaders and personal opinions | The Boneyard

bunch of questions about all time leaders and personal opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
who are the all-time leaders in blocks(okafor?) rebounding, assists(brown?) ,3's etc... which freshmen do you think had the best freshman year...loudest game, most intense... bored and anxious for the season to start so i though id post some questions and hopefully learn some new info and peoples experiences at the games

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Toby Kimball leads in boards.

Reaction Score
Loudest game = Texas in 2010. That was just great especially in the 2nd half and i think anyone who was there will remember that for a long time. I think you're right with Okafor and Taliek leading with blocks and assists. I think Rashad Anderson leads with most 3 point fg.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Loudest game = Texas in 2010. That was just great especially in the 2nd half and i think anyone who was there will remember that for a long time. I think you're right with Okafor and Taliek leading with blocks and assists. I think Rashad Anderson leads with most 3 point fg.
yeah i was at the texas game and that place was rocking... i think that game and the louisville game at msg were the loudest for me... the most intense game was the uconn uk game at msg that place was so amped before tip off and until the end. was the class with gordon and okafor the most heralded class other then this years?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
what year was the uconn kansas game?
The game where King and Moore were suspended. 1/19/1997 16,294 screaming people including my wife and myself in the last row of section 202.

Reaction Score
what year was the uconn kansas game?

That was 1997 and it was a game UConn really had no business even being in and that was before Ricky Moore and Kirk King were declared ineligible. It was basically Paul Pierce, Raef LaFrentz, Jacque Vaughn and Scot Pollard vs freshman Rip, Jake and KFree with Monquencio Hardnett as our starting PG and Rash Jones as the SG. I mean we should have been absolutely destroyed. UConn started off on fire and were up by like 15 or 16 at one point but ended up losing.

It was a great crowd. Was it the best? I don't know about that. There have been so many over the last 20 years.

Edit: Kansas was also #1, undefeated and the odds on favorite to win it all.

Reaction Score
I agree. I was also at the BE championship game and I think what made it so loud was the fact the crowd was probably 90% Uconn fans. Was anyone at that Duke game at MSG for the NIT a few weeks before the UK one? I felt that was pretty intense leading up to the game and throughout the first half, but after Duke started to pull away it went downhill

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I agree. I was also at the BE championship game and I think what made it so loud was the fact the crowd was probably 90% Uconn fans. Was anyone at that Duke game at MSG for the NIT a few weeks before the UK one? I felt that was pretty intense leading up to the game and throughout the first half, but after Duke started to pull away it went downhill
yeah i was there for that game it was crazy until the second half then it sucked but this was good to see listen to the crowd

Reaction Score
Yes I remember that dunk by Stanley. It was loud in there at that part. Me and my dad were surrounded by Duke fans which made the 2nd half that much worse. By the way this completely slipped my mind before... the Uconn Syracuse 6 ot game. I think that wins it for most intense game ive been too.

Reaction Score
Yes I remember that dunk by Stanley. It was loud in there at that part. Me and my dad were surrounded by Duke fans which made the 2nd half that much worse. By the way this completely slipped my mind before... the Uconn Syracuse 6 ot game. I think that wins it for most intense game ive been too.

Man I am bothered by all of this. Best crowd was a loss, most intense was a loss?

Best crowd was 1990 vs Georgetown and most intense was Dook 2004.

Reaction Score
who are the all-time leaders in blocks(okafor?) rebounding, assists(brown?) ,3's etc... which freshmen do you think had the best freshman year...loudest game, most intense... bored and anxious for the season to start so i though id post some questions and hopefully learn some new info and peoples experiences at the games

I was at both the KU-UConn game in 97 and the Huskies/Gtown game in 90...........both very loud but none louder than 90.....none! A very special night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom