Bulletin board material for Jalen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bulletin board material for Jalen

Reaction Score
I started typing out the minutes rebuttal before finishing your post, good prediction lol. But your exhaustion retort is a crutch argument; we know for sure that per game stats are less reliable for projecting forward than per possession numbers, and arguing differently on a per case basis is a fool's errand of hypotheticals. Usage will be a big factor in efficiency, but his usage wasn't actually that high (and it should be noted he only averaged 14pts per game, not something like 20). and in the end you should use better metrics when possible.

His passing numbers were great, butshis scoring (context blind) was barely average and rebounding is more or less irrelevant for a PG in this discussion (unless it's truly otherworldly).

A couple of points.

Since when is rebounding irrelevant? For any position.
Jalen is tall for a point guard and the ability to rebound is a strength. You want to talk metrics, show me the proof that it shouldn't factor in. It will be news to KO, I think he should hear it soon.

Exhaustion is not a crutch, it is a fact. Anyone watching could see it's effect. But if you don't like that word, fine. It's still true. If it's not in your metric analysis, the fault lies with your metrics. We have not yet come to the point where every aspect of the game can be modeled mathematically. In other words something can be true and not mathematically provable.

C

Chief00

Jalen will have to demonstrate on the last 5 minutes of games, he’s better conditioned than he was last year. I know he had a lot of burden last year but that wouldn’t have made Kemba look exhausted.

Reaction Score
Brunson #1 makes this list laughable. Graham is not a PG and has not proven he can play there with his backcourt mate gone. Norlander should be doing hockey I think.

Reaction Score
That can't be true. Everyone knew who Kemba was before the 2010-2011 season.

I just looked it up and Kemba was preseason first team in the BE.

2010–11 Big East Conference men's basketball season - Wikipedia
There is this wild revisionist history on this board that Kemba was a completely overlooked player going into his junior year. Kid was a projected lottery pick, 1st team all BE preseason and on the Naismith and wooden watchlist for player of the year.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Brunson #1 makes this list laughable. Graham is not a PG and has not proven he can play there with his backcourt mate gone. Norlander should be doing hockey I think.

I don't know that I agree with that specific point. I, for one, love Brunson. He's maybe the best true point guard in the nation.

Reaction Score
Exhaustion is not a crutch, it is a fact. Anyone watching could see it's effect. But if you don't like that word, fine. It's still true. If it's not in your metric analysis, the fault lies with your metrics. We have not yet come to the point where every aspect of the game can be modeled mathematically. In other words something can be true and not mathematically provable.

I will take your word for it that Adams will definitely play more efficiently this year due to being less exhausted, since it is a fact.

Since when is rebounding irrelevant? For any position.
Jalen is tall for a point guard and the ability to rebound is a strength. You want to talk metrics, show me the proof that it shouldn't factor in. It will be news to KO, I think he should hear it soon.

Because it is not a primary duty of point guards and he doesn't excel enough to push the needle. It can be an ancillary value, but the relatively small advantage he may have in that area compared to others makes it, yes, "more or less irrelevant." Adams grabs 10% of available defensive rebounds, and everyone on the list is between 8 and 11% except Farrell (with a ridiculously low 5.8%, which has to be scheme or Colson-related). There are players who pull down 30%. There's just generally not enough differentiation between people on that list or point guards in general to matter for this discussion. It certainly isn't a negative, of course.

C

Chief00

If this can motivate Jalen great. Personally, I don’t make judgements based on articles like this one, however it may make me consider someone that hadn’t been on my radar screen. Only so much time in the day. What’s great about Coach Chill is he has knowledge of some west coast players who we might be much less familiar with. This may eventually help at grad transfer time.

C

Chief00

Negatively comparing anybody to the greatest ever at his position is generally not helpful.

He does need to work on his conditioning, I am not a big Husky Run guy - but yes that’s another data point for that argument.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Jalen’s conditioning is confusing. Sucking wind doubled over one second and going the coast to coast in 4 seconds the next. Maybe he’s just a master at conserving energy and picking spots. Maybe it’s the shorts?

Reaction Score
When your team sucks and you are the leader you shouldn't get preseason recognition for anything. And we shouldn't care. Good press is the worst thing that can happen to KO and this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom