Green Bay
Toledo
Hampton
Chattanooga
South Dakota State

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
TJI that's a boringly weak mid major conference if I ever saw one. I would rather die an independent than play in that conference.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
TJI that's a boringly weak mid major conference if I ever saw one. I would rather die an independent than play in that conference.

Yup - but they're better than Providence, Marquette, Seton Hall, USF and Cincy .. and I'll throw Georgetown, 'nova and, if pushed, Rutgers and St. John's in there, too.

Each of the named programs has had success - consistent success - with backing from fans and athletic directors. They might be able to build, with the exposure UConn and the leftovers could bring.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Be careful what you wish for.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Trust me, you do not want to travel to South Dakota State in the winter. Not sure Green Bay is much better.

Florida Gulf Coast? I'd go to away games there Nov - February!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hello... UConn AD... Are you listening????? Do something!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yup - but they're better than Providence, Marquette, Seton Hall, USF and Cincy .. and I'll throw Georgetown, 'nova and, if pushed, Rutgers and St. John's in there, too.

Each of the named programs has had success - consistent success - with backing from fans and athletic directors. They might be able to build, with the exposure UConn and the leftovers could bring.

I do think TJI's point that from a WCBB competitive standpoint that the current big east isn't much is correct. Only ND is really competitive.

Replacing all the BE teams with the exception of ND won't be very hard. Memphis, Southern Methodist, Central Florida and possibly UMass and Tulsa are just as good if not better than the schools that are leaving. UConn will dominate and have to get its competition from the top out of conference teams.

As long as Geno is coaching we will get good recruits and be a FF team regardless of the teams in the conference.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Trust me, you do not want to travel to South Dakota State in the winter. Not sure Green Bay is much better.

Ummm... you do know where Marquette and DePaul are, right? lol

Reaction Score
Ummm... you do know where Marquette and DePaul are, right? lol

Yes, indeed I do. But, have you ever been to Brookings, SD? I have, and I don't recommend it in the middle of winter. Seriously. Not even sure I would recommend it in summer. Green Bay, Chicago and Milwaukee are major metropolises, with major airports. How do you get to Brookings? Fly into Sioux Falls SD regional airport, then drive an hour north into the great plains. Trust me...it is not a place you want to travel to in December, January or February - unless you bring your snowmobile with you.

U

UCONNfan1

Basically a host of mid major type of schools who lately I think have decent to good RPI's. Was St. Bonaventure a flash in the pan a few years back? They might be a good one to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom