Buffalo Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
1000003167.jpg

Look what I said to a friend this morning...

Reaction Score
That's the best UConn has looked in many years. Buffalo isn't bad and we made them look terrible. Total domination on both lines and we ran all over them. Both our coordinators called a great game. Sammis really growing and Brock called a perfect game defensively, his energy was also awesome. The team is confident and playing with a chip on their shoulder, it's exciting to see.

One last thing, Fagnano is clearly better than Evers and he should be starting from here on out whether Evers is healthy or not. Evers can't throw and Fagnano can, Bell is our biggest weapon and he's taken out of the game when Evers is playing. What Evers gives the team on the ground isn't nearly good enough to outweigh him not being a passing threat. We have a great offensive line and great running backs, we need to have a passer back there and that's Fagnano.

Reaction Score
WOW. Crazy win, complete domination start to finish

Our defense ate Buffalo alive. Less than 200 yards total offense, and probably half of it came in garbage time

Great running from Cam and Robinson. Great all around game from Mel Brown

Sky Bell 150 yards and 3 TDs, this kid is a beast

And how about Joe Fagnano coming in blazing hot for 200 yards and 3 TDs. Picked them apart

Great win!!

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
great play all around , would have liked to see 2nd and 3rd stringers get some playing time.

Reaction Score
Great performance for all three phases. I hope Nick and Chadwick are okay.

The defense is really starting to impress. Nice to have linebackers like Hardy, McDonald and Tui. Just like the old days.

Great running backs with speed and quickness. And Sklyer and TJ's speed certainly helps. As Mike Crispino said on broadcast, there is no substitute for speed.

I was not able to view on CBS Sports. I have the app but when I clicked on game in FL, it said I couldn't watch it in my area on Spectrum. Anybody else have that issue?

Reaction Score
It's nice to see 2 blowouts in a row and UConn be on the favorable side of both of them. If UConn had beaten Duke, a game I thought they should have won, they would be 4-1 and they would get more positive press.

This team's identity is clearly being a run team as their OLine is very good at run blocking and their 3 RBs are excellent at breaking tackles, especially arm tackles, and juking defenders. Hopefully Evers does not have a concussion and he is okay. With Fagnano, the opposing D cannot sell out as much to stop the running game as he is a more proficient passer. What does this mean? His passing might be a better multiplying factor for the running game than Evers' running ability. Plus Fagnano maximizes the skillset of Skyler Bell who is an absolute stud. UConn had more passing yards than rushing yards on offense.

As for the defense they are doing the fundamentals much better. That is they are knowing their assignment and learning the defensive scheme much better which means they are playing with more confidence and their tackling is soooo much better now.

I don't know if UConn can beat Maryland, but if they played now, I don't think the score would be 50-7 in Maryland's favor. Maryland is arguably the toughest opponent UConn will play all year. Playing them in the first game was not ideal as UConn had many new players and a new scheme including a QB who hadn't played a single game of D1 football. Playing Maryland in the first game was the equivalent of Mario in Super Mario Bros facing Bowser in Level 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom