Buffalo - No UConn Ticket Sellout? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buffalo - No UConn Ticket Sellout?

Reaction Score
What chief hasn't said is how small the allotment actually is. This isn't a dome, with 8 teams you are talking probably around 2,000 per school. That's pretty poor if we can't scrape up that many people to go.
Good point.

Reaction Score
Likely a dumb question but: If/when UConn wins is it possible to buy these unsold tickets for the Saturday? I'd like to avoid stubhub/ticketmaster etc

Reaction Score
Did you really just point to your look at me I'm friends with Andre thread as your main defense???
Here’s a guy starting and making a valuable contribution for a big time contender, if everyone can play, and it’s amazing how many here trash my friend. Yet, praise someone who doesn’t have the maturity or respect to stay on the team bench as a player or stay in the arena as a fan. But, I wish him well too.

Reaction Score
I knew we'd be good this year when JC quit to hang out with the team.
LOL - He was in a great mood in NYC. I told him too good. People like to see his fastball as long as it’s not aimed at them.

Reaction Score
I think the way UConn sold tickets was a problem. Only the big donors could buy tickets before midday on Tuesday and it's pretty inconvenient to buy tickets from UConn less than two days before you need to leave for the game.

On a side note, the closest schools in the games to Buffalo are almost 7 hour drives and there are no direct flights from the main cities near any of the schools to Buffalo. Buffalo is a tough location to get to with the exception of schools like Syracuse, Pitt, and Ohio St,

Reaction Score
People from other schools were asking what’s going on? They heard the narrative UConn is back and then we don’t sell out our allocation. Additionally, despite what you read here, we are viewed as being relatively nearby. I also think, we don’t know the answer yet, to the question you so cavalierly dismiss.
As for being negative, my last thread is a very positive thread about Andre Drummond finding the right destination. And yes there was negative content on there but in disagreement with my thesis.
I didn’t cavailerly (nice word by the way) dismiss the possibility that the ticket price increases might be bad. I specifically said they might be a problem and we’ll find out. But you started by implicating Benedict’s decision for fans decisions not to go to Buffalo. That’s what was absurdly mockable.

Reaction Score
I say with everything going up in prices... Hotel prices are up, air travel is up... why go and spend tons of money when you can see it on tv in comfort at home. Is ridiculous the price gouging going on... there is a breaking point and is getting there.

Reaction Score
I think the way UConn sold tickets was a problem. Only the big donors could buy tickets before midday on Tuesday and it's pretty inconvenient to buy tickets from UConn less than two days before you need to leave for the game.

On a side note, the closest schools in the games to Buffalo are almost 7 hour drives and there are no direct flights from the main cities near any of the schools to Buffalo. Buffalo is a tough location to get to with the exception of schools like Syracuse, Pitt, and Ohio St,
You always had to wait until the big donors got their tickets. I used to go through that inconvenience when I was younger and didn't need to plan too far in advance. We also used to call schools that were furthest from a tournament site and wait for their allotment to be distributed before we knew if we could purchase tickets.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Hearing unofficially that UConn did not sellout their ticket allocation in Buffalo. I wonder how much of that had to do with Dave Benedict recently announced significant tickets/seat donations increases. Against the backdrop of his compensation doubling, despite his department running a $47 million decifit.

The Big East tournament UConn tickets were sold before the announcement.

I don’t like bringing this up on game day, but it is already being talked about in Buffalo that UConn did not sell out as did so many other schools. Maybe some UConn fans are going the secondary market route?

At any rate, not good optics.

I’m saving my money for NOLA

Reaction Score
The big donors always get first choice, but they should have do decide faster than they do so the people who will actually purchase the tickets get a change.

Reaction Score
The big donors always get first choice, but they should have do decide faster than they do so the people who will actually purchase the tickets get a change.
With the game in Buffalo, which I can't imagine has a large population of UConn alums, and the game on Thursday, finding out if you could purchase tickets from UConn on Tuesday afternoon is just too late.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
People from other schools were asking what’s going on? They heard the narrative UConn is back and then we don’t sell out our allocation. Additionally, despite what you read here, we are viewed as being relatively nearby. I also think, we don’t know the answer yet, to the question you so cavalierly dismiss.
As for being negative, my last thread is a very positive thread about Andre Drummond finding the right destination. And yes there was negative content on there but in disagreement with my thesis.
People were asking? Is that your version of "many people are saying?"

Wasn't there another person who used this same construct to float conspiracies???????

Reaction Score
People were asking? Is that your version of "many people are saying?"

Wasn't there another person who used this same construct to float conspiracies?????
Next time go to the game and you won’t. be in such a fog. Dave’s strategy of capitalizing on post season winning game momentum with season tickets sales , looks pretty upside down now. Maybe, waiting to see if that actually happens first wouldn’t have been a bad idea?

Reaction Score
I can drive 8 hours and spend a bunch of money to see the game from a meh vantage or I can watch the game with analysis on my ultra HD TV at home from the comfort of my pajamas.

Maybe I'm a bad fan. But I'm comfortable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom