Buffalo - No UConn Ticket Sellout? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Buffalo - No UConn Ticket Sellout?

Reaction Score
I too remember the good old days of the OBE
To be honest, the UConn crowds at this years NBE tournament were noticeably less dense than in the good old days
Perhaps the inflationary environment is having more impact on UConn fans - travel wise
BTW - no I am not attending the Buffalo games - Ive had enough of winter

I agree, past OBE glories don’t entirely translate to current success. We are also becoming an older fan base with younger fans being priced out. What you have to do in business is run the current numbers not the ones from years ago. That’s the mindset that creates a $47m deficit.
I am excited about the game but wanted to share the observation, since I was asked by fans of other schools. They weren’t upset about it but viewed it as an opportunity for their friends to buy those tickets and root for their teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hearing unofficially that UConn did not sellout their ticket allocation in Buffalo. I wonder how much of that had to do with Dave Benedict recently announced significant tickets/seat donations increases. Against the backdrop of his compensation doubling, despite his department running a $47 million decifit.

The Big East tournament UConn tickets were sold before the announcement.

I don’t like bringing this up on game day, but it is already being talked about in Buffalo that UConn did not sell out as did so many other schools. Maybe some UConn fans are going the secondary market route?

At any rate, not good optics.
Lol.

Buffalo is the hardest place to reach on east coast IMO.

No direct Flights. 8 hour drive.

You can get to LA quicker than you can get to buffalo. For flights, you gotta go to Philly or Chicago and it is a 6 hour trip. So you drive. 8 hours .

Impossible to get to from Hartford. It literally has to be a drive.

Wants the most convenient way there? Take a flight to Toronto, drive back into us?

Take a plane from jfk, lga to buffalo?

For CT based people, there are no good east ways to get there.

In favor of a bullet train from buffalo to Albany for that reason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thursday game, gas at $4.40 a gallon. Hotel and meals. It is a pricey trip to see NM State. I would bet with a win tonight there will be a large UConn contingent for the Round of 32 on Saturday

Reaction Score
Hearing unofficially that UConn did not sellout their ticket allocation in Buffalo. I wonder how much of that had to do with Dave Benedict recently announced significant tickets/seat donations increases. Against the backdrop of his compensation doubling, despite his department running a $47 million decifit.

The Big East tournament UConn tickets were sold before the announcement.

I don’t like bringing this up on game day, but it is already being talked about in Buffalo that UConn did not sell out as did so many other schools. Maybe some UConn fans are going the secondary market route?

At any rate, not good optics.
I'm going to use a Jim Calhoun quote here "Will ya please"!! We have a game to win, could you go one day without whining or being negative about something? We don't need this negative energy today!! LETS GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
It’s like driving to DC without the traffic - 6 hours - unless you are like some here and avoid tolls/highways - then it’s 9 hours.
Always take Amtrak to DC-5 hours. Not worth driving. The theoretical 6-hour drive to Buffalo is the fastest way to get there.

Reaction Score
What chief hasn't said is how small the allotment actually is. This isn't a dome, with 8 teams you are talking probably around 2,000 per school. That's pretty poor if we can't scrape up that many people to go.

Reaction Score
Lol.

Buffalo is the hardest place to reach on east coast IMO.

No direct Flights. 8 hour drive.

You can get to LA quicker than you can get to buffalo. For flights, you gotta go to Philly or Chicago and it is a 6 hour trip. So you drive. 8 hours .

Impossible to get to from Hartford. It literally has to be a drive.

Wants the most convenient way there? Take a flight to Toronto, drive back into us?

Take a plane from jfk, lga to buffalo?

For CT based people, there are no good east ways to get there.

In favor of a bullet train from buffalo to Albany for that reason.
Why is everyone saying 8 or 9 hour drive? The only way I get that is if you don’t drive tolls or highways / are we all 90 years old?
I get 6 hours and 7 minutes drive.
47FF297B-D925-46A8-8572-2C91265932A8.jpeg

Reaction Score
It’s a 6 hour and minutes drive if you take highways. A near 9 hour if for some reason you won’t drive interstates.
maybe people are making too many stops at Howard Johnsons on the way there.

Reaction Score
I routinely fly to Chicago and drive to Green Bay for games - and it never occurred to me to drive to Buffalo to see the games. Would think about it for the 2nd weekend if it was drivable.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I routinely fly to Chicago and drive to Green Bay for games - and it never occurred to me to drive to Buffalo to see the games. Would think about it for the 2nd weekend if it was drivable.
LOL 2nd weekend is in San Francisco.

Reaction Score
People from other schools were asking what’s going on? They heard the narrative UConn is back and then we don’t sell out our allocation. Additionally, despite what you read here, we are viewed as being relatively nearby. I also think, we don’t know the answer yet, to the question you so cavalierly dismiss.
As for being negative, my last thread is a very positive thread about Andre Drummond finding the right destination. And yes there was negative content on there but in disagreement with my thesis.
Is this a Fiesta Bowl rant?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
maybe people are making too many stops at Howard Johnsons on the way there.
Well, he does have his mojo working, or did I miss hear that?

Reaction Score
I know there’s a point to this thread I just don’t know what it is. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
What chief hasn't said is how small the allotment actually is. This isn't a dome, with 8 teams you are talking probably around 2,000 per school. That's pretty poor if we can't scrape up that many people to go.
Each school’s allotment is nowhere near 2,000 in Buffalo. Much closer to 500.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Doesn’t look like anybody traveled that well. Pc/SDst game looked pretty much empty. Bad location but I bet the teams are having a blast.

Reaction Score
People from other schools were asking what’s going on? They heard the narrative UConn is back and then we don’t sell out our allocation. Additionally, despite what you read here, we are viewed as being relatively nearby. I also think, we don’t know the answer yet, to the question you so cavalierly dismiss.
As for being negative, my last thread is a very positive thread about Andre Drummond finding the right destination. And yes there was negative content on there but in disagreement with my thesis.
Did you really just point to your look at me I'm friends with Andre thread as your main defense???

Reaction Score
Judging by the resale prices for tickets, no one did a good job of selling tickets. You can go to almost any game in the country today for under $20.

Reaction Score
I'm going to use a Jim Calhoun quote here "Will ya please"!! We have a game to win, could you go one day without whining or being negative about something? We don't need this negative energy today!! LETS GO HUSKIES!!!
Is that Jim talking to Danny Hurley before he tossed him from his office? LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom