"Bueckers went into a phone booth and Paige "Buckets" reappeared" | The Boneyard

"Bueckers went into a phone booth and Paige "Buckets" reappeared"

Reaction Score
Geno admitted there are two Paige's. One aggressive and one not.
We need to find out what triggers Paige to become the super-hero we saw last night.
For Dr. Bruce Banner if you punched him the face, he became the HULK. ( Ever notice that when he became so much larger, his waistband on his pants stayed intact?)
For Clark Kent it was Lois Lane being in trouble. Clark would find a phone booth or closet
and become SUPERMAN. ( All the clothes, IDs,he must have lost by leaving everything behind)
For Pope-eye is was Olive Oyl, if she was in danger , out came the spinach.
Once we find out , we can get a "tear away " jersey and she rips off her regular one, and maybe her Number five has FLames all around it, warning the other team that DOOM is about to descend on them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno told the press in their behind the curtain session that Paige told him during the half that she was going to turn it on. If you are Geno what do you do. I suspect he did not question her about the first half. He did tell the press that her turning it on and off in an ordinary game is frustrating.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's all blurred together but a number of days ago, Geno may have said that Paige isn't Paige yet. Methinks Paige became Paige in the 2nd half as that was the old Paige we know and love, and I hope the team doesn't expect her to do it all (again).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So here's a thought... Some were asking "why doesn't Paige turn it on at the start of the game?"

We've all seen numerous occasions where Paige has taken over a game. But why not at the start? I suspect it has to do with the rest of the team. They worked super hard in her absence. If she takes over the game from the tip, where does it leave room for the rest of the team to do what they need to do?

As much as I'd love to see a big lead built early, it takes a team to win. I think Paige is right to work hard to get everyone involved, and then if needed, to flip the switch. Just my $.02. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
one thing I saw early in the first half was that she was able to get that 10-15 footer going when they screened for her up top. Obviously the staff saw it too, kept running it, and her confidence soared. After one score she shook her head side to side. I took that to be I can’t be stopped right now.

Reaction Score
Geno admitted there are two Paige's. One aggressive and one not.
We need to find out what triggers Paige to become the super-hero we saw last night.
For Dr. Bruce Banner if you punched him the face, he became the HULK. ( Ever notice that when he became so much larger, his waistband on his pants stayed intact?)
For Clark Kent it was Lois Lane being in trouble. Clark would find a phone booth or closet
and become SUPERMAN. ( All the clothes, IDs,he must have lost by leaving everything behind)
For Pope-eye is was Olive Oyl, if she was in danger , out came the spinach.
Once we find out , we can get a "tear away " jersey and she rips off her regular one, and maybe her Number five has FLames all around it, warning the other team that DOOM is about to descend on them.
Olive Oyl (Paige) was in trouble, so makes sense.

Reaction Score
I like the comment by Azzi in the post game "presser" when
she comments that N C State made a mistake by making
the 3 pointer over Paige to send the game into the second
overtime. Azzi then smiled and looks left at Paige. It was vintage
example of " don't tug on Superman's cape". The N C State
Coach ( Wes) commented " we tried to trap her, deny
her the ball, ( like N C State did in the N.D. game against their
point guard ), we couldn't do it...... " end of story. What works
defensively against other great team ( N.D. is dangerous ) doesn't
work against UCONN and Paige . Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
But if she "takes over" from the start, arent we left with last year's scenario? Everyone else stands around and waits for Paige. And if the other team's defense is effective against Paige, others are not experienced or comfortable "taking over".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom