Bueckers has ankle surgury, per WFSB. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bueckers has ankle surgury, per WFSB.

W

wolfe613

I hope she didn't reaggravate it cause she was training hard past few weeks

Reaction Score
ESPN article quotes a UCONN spokesperson that the ankle issue was a pre-existing condition prior to the TN game. Sorry, I dont know how to post a link.

Reaction Score
She had a pretty serious ankle injury in high school as well (don’t remember which ankle)

Reaction Score
Thankfully Fudd along with Muhl will.be there to share the load at the point this year in case recovery goes slower than expected/hoped. Key is having everyone healthy and ready for March.
Fudd is not needed at the point. For those with short term memory loss, Evina was supposed to be the starting point guard, only last spring. E and Nika can handle the point. Chrystn and Azzi can play the 2.

Reaction Score
Really a shocker. Any surgery is a big thing. Obviously Paige was aware of something upcoming with her ankle. Her parents and people she trusts outside of UConn of course were kept up to date. Our bright coach knows what he is doing and I am sure he has had tremendous input with the Doctors. This is not 'any player' here....it is Ms. Buckets!
She wants to be 100% going into the season. Our program looks out for their girls, period. I am certain she will be fine. Best of wishes to a fine kid.

Reaction Score
Really a shocker. Any surgery is a big thing. Obviously Paige was aware of something upcoming with her ankle. Her parents and people she trusts outside of UConn of course were kept up to date. Our bright coach knows what he is doing and I am sure he has had tremendous input with the Doctors. This is not 'any player' here....it is Ms. Buckets!
She wants to be 100% going into the season. Our program looks out for their girls, period. I am certain she will be fine. Best of wishes to a fine kid.
Ya, she trained hard with Azzi in the past two weeks. I'm not sure the surgery is well planned or a sudden issue.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had always thought there was some prior issue since the play where she hurt herself in the TN game looked so benign. Hopefully this is the last we ever hear about an ankle unless she is breaking the ankles of her defender.

Reaction Score
Its apparently some kind of lesion on the cartilage or bone at the top of the lower bone of the ankle joint, generally due to a severe sprain (surprise), resulting in pain that gets worse with activity. Other symptoms can include clicking/popping sounds. Must have been playing in pain all season. Possibly with all the work she has been doing, it became obvious that it needed to get fixed. Tough kid.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Some folks play through pain really well. I thought Lou's best season was her junior year, when she was playing on "shredded" ankle ligaments. Andy Pettitte pitched so many years with a bad elbow, some speculated that when he got it fixed, he might have to re-learn how to pitch with a healthy arm.

I hope she's fully recovered by the beginning of the season, but if not, I hope the coaching/training staff err on the side of caution. OTOH, if she's not 100%, I suspect she can cover it so well that nobody would know. ;)

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
recall Tina's longstanding frustrations with her defective shoulder and the tremendous improvement in performance when off-season surgery corrected the problem. i believe she has never had to worry about that shoulder, a subconscious saboteur, ever since.

that operation sure was a blessing for tina.

perhaps it can be the same for paige.

Reaction Score
Oh, so it was this injury that prevented her from having a good season this past year? I guess she has something to prove now!
up to something plotting GIF

Reaction Score
They said on the news she had an ankle "Defect". So this year we were only seeing the defective Paige? Imagine what the future holds :p
Paige looked a half step slower after she sprained her ankle. Still one of the best in the country but definitely different.

Reaction Score
That is one reason why wild predictions should not be made about how successful a team's future season will be. We never know if accidents, injuries, or family matters will affect a season negatively. Hope she has a complete recovery..
Amen to this post. I've never mentioned this for fear of jinxing the team, but to my mind UConn has been very fortunate over the years when you look at teams who lost 2, 3, or more kids to season-ending injuries in a single year. like this does happen so predictions and expectations are somewhat silly. Just let 'em play and enjoy the ride.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Amen to this post. I've never mentioned this for fear of jinxing the team, but to my mind UConn has been very fortunate over the years when you look at teams who lost 2, 3, or more kids to season-ending injuries in a single year. like this does happen so predictions and expectations are somewhat silly. Just let 'em play and enjoy the ride.
No no no nooo....you never mentioned it before so why now?..was there an expiration date on tht jinx? Aka as an "use by" date.

W

wolfe613

what I'd like to know is if she injured it in offseason training or she had this the whole season? Cause if she had it the whole season I doubt she would be training so hard the past few weeks

Reaction Score
what I'd like to know is if she injured it in offseason training or she had this the whole season? Cause if she had it the whole season I doubt she would be training so hard the past few weeks
Geno said that it was a pre existing injury so she's been dealing with it for a long time.

Reaction Score
Lots of players had offseason surgery and had successful seasons. Recently, Samuelson, Collier, Dangerfield, and Westbrook. Hopefully Paige heals well and follows the trend.

Reaction Score
Probably a result of the ankle injury she suffered against Tennessee. If so, she managed to play at an extremely high level the rest of the season. Remarkable.
She suffered the injury (if you want to call a defect an injury) before she got to UConn and, of course, it did not help when she sprained it during the TN game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe we will get a little ,more Paige Twitter as she recovers

I see she has come to her senses appreciating Curry as opposed to Kyrie. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom