Bueckers has ankle surgury, per WFSB. | The Boneyard

Bueckers has ankle surgury, per WFSB.

Reaction Score
What happened to her? Guess she won't be participating in summer practice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So by implication, this past season when she basically won every NPOY available, Paige was playing on a bad ankle. Hard to imagine just how much better Paige will be next season on 2 good ankles.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to have a BY thread swerve, but when does summer practice traditionally start and what players usually take part?

Now, back to our NPOY posts. Hoping for a full recovery!!!!

Reaction Score
So by implication, this past season when she basically won every NPOY available, Paige was playing on a bad ankle. Hard to imagine just how much better Paige will be next season on 2 good ankles.
You took the words out of my mouth! was this the ankle that she injured in Knoxville? that 3pt dagger lore has grown...

Reaction Score
Well I just took a 10 minute course in osteochondral defect surgery of the ankle. Can involve cartilage and bone damage and the need for grafts. Lets hope this damage was relatively modest.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to have a BY thread swerve, but when does summer practice traditionally start and what players usually take part?

Now, back to our NPOY posts. Hoping for a full recovery!!!!
The players will be back in four weeks. Geno said summer practice begins June 1st.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Feels like when they said Napheesa had hip labrum surgery after her Freshman year. Hope Paige`s recovery is as successful as Napheesa`s was.

Bolt out of the blue. We did know her ankle gave her trouble at various points last season, but still.

Get well, Paige!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thankfully Fudd along with Muhl will.be there to share the load at the point this year in case recovery goes slower than expected/hoped. Key is having everyone healthy and ready for March.
That is one reason why wild predictions should not be made about how successful a team's future season will be. We never know if accidents, injuries, or family matters will affect a season negatively. Hope she has a complete recovery..

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure but as things stand now the UCONN academic summer calendar has August 10. Normally the first summer session is mid June ish.

Reaction Score
My cartilage experiences developed over years. Bueckers may have rolled the same ankle badly several times.

Reaction Score
I remember her rolling her ankle badly in 3 separate games. Tennessee, Georgetown and Villanova.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Why am I not surprised.

After the UTenn game she missed ...what was it; one game?
And then was back, but never shot quite as well.
It's the same with Evina; when her knee is acting up,
sure, she can play...

But there is a subtle adjustment from one's natural shooting form to compensate
for the discomfort...and accuracy is diminished.

Probably a good thing she got it fixed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom