Bueckers, Collier, Stewart up for ESPYs | The Boneyard

Bueckers, Collier, Stewart up for ESPYs

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Voting starts today for the ESPYs. Paige Bueckers is up for Best Comeback Athlete while Napheesa Collier and Breanna Stewart are up for Best WNBA Player.
Is there a best "link" to vote for the ESPY Awards? I tried and there was some sort
of error message..... We need to get the VOTE OUT!!

Reaction Score
I think the gymnast will win in Paige’s category but I think the men’s basketball team have a good shot at best team.
The 37 Olympic winning gymnast. Even if Paige wings she's going to talk about everybody else who deserved to win in that category. She's very Maya Moor-ish in that sense. She's so great her natural propensity is to deflect because she's had to do that her whole life. When Biles wins she'll do the same

Reaction Score
Putting Bueckers up against Simone Biles for Comeback athlete :eek:
That was my reaction too. As popular as Paige is (and this is a popularity contest) there's no way she beats out Simone. By the nature of her sport, Simone's a one man show. Nothing else to focus on. I won't ever talk about TV commercials... To many in this country (not here on the BY) Paige is just a kid compared to Simone.

Reaction Score
That was my reaction too. As popular as Paige is (and this is a popularity contest) there's no way she beats out Simone. By the nature of her sport, Simone's a one man show. Nothing else to focus on. I won't ever talk about TV commercials... To many in this country (not here on the BY) Paige is just a kid compared to Simone.
If we were talking about College Athlete comebacks, Paige probably takes it. But IMO, putting college athletes in categories with pros is unfair. They’ve got no chance. Should be separate sections for pros and college.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
One mention for South Carolina? That should tell you all you need about the "popularity contest" aspect of the whole thing.

South Carolina got the stinky end of the stick this year. What they accomplished in a rebuilding year was astonishing, amazing, and incredible but they were overshadowed all season. I was impressed by the Gamecocks and feel they didn't get the accolades they deserved.

This is not an anti-anything post, but a pro South Carolina one. Pleeeeez, let's not turn it into another thread about a player from another team.

Reaction Score
One mention for South Carolina? That should tell you all you need about the "popularity contest" aspect of the whole thing.

South Carolina got the stinky end of the stick this year. What they accomplished in a rebuilding year was astonishing, amazing, and incredible but they were overshadowed all season. I was impressed by the Gamecocks and feel they didn't get the accolades they deserved.

This is not an anti-anything post, but a pro South Carolina one. Pleeeeez, let's not turn it into another thread about a player from another team.
Are these things/awards stat based? Every time I see a player nominated for anything, all they seem to care about is stats. And since SC playtime was a lot shorter because of the large bench production, even star players like Fulwiley and Watkins don’t get the recognition they need because their stats aren’t standout enough.

Reaction Score
Are these things/awards stat based? Every time I see a player nominated for anything, all they seem to care about is stats. And since SC playtime was a lot shorter because of the large bench production, even star players like Fulwiley and Watkins don’t get the recognition they need because their stats aren’t standout enough.
Stats, yes. But there is also the "spin" factor, the " drama" factor, and the " marketing" of
a player or team's "image"/ " brand". IMHO.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Simone essentially had a panic attack. Am I right about that? She dropped out of the team - Olympics and a while later came back to competition.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Simone essentially had a panic attack. Am I right about that? She dropped out of the team - Olympics and a while later came back to competition.
Simone got the twisties. Below is an article from 2021

In gymnastics, [the twisties] can cause a person to lose their sense of space and dimension as they're in the air, causing them to lose control of their body and do extra twists or flips that they hadn't intended. In the worst cases, they can find themselves suddenly unable to land safely.
The twisties can happen to a gymnast even if they've done the same manoeuvre for years without problems.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Simone got the twisties. Below is an article from 2021

In gymnastics, [the twisties] can cause a person to lose their sense of space and dimension as they're in the air, causing them to lose control of their body and do extra twists or flips that they hadn't intended. In the worst cases, they can find themselves suddenly unable to land safely.
The twisties can happen to a gymnast even if they've done the same manoeuvre for years without problems.

Thanks Nan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom