Buddy Boeheim's #'s | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buddy Boeheim's #'s

Reaction Score
I appreciate the input. I’m wondering as a Syracuse fan if you could provide an insight on a question that I have. Have you noticed the rest of the team improve on the offensive side of the ball during this incredible run by Buddy? Or have they pretty much maintained the same level of play? The reason I ask is that my impression of this SU team was that it was bunch of solid role players who lacked a go to player. Now that Boeheim is that guy the team complements each other nicely and these players aren’t really relied on to go above and beyond what is expected and playing at their previous level is okay. Or am I completely wrong?
I think you're partially right. Having a player like Buddy shoot ~50% from 3P over several games obviously helps the offense. Some of those shots were desperation, end of shot-clock tosses that went in. This team is playing much better now than they were the first 1-2 months of the season, but Buddy's streak is only one reason. I mentioned Buddy had COVID-19 earlier in the season. Apparently Girard did too. He looked sluggish for a couple months. Aside from virus, quarantines, and missed time, Kadary Richmond (our consolation for missing out on Andre Jackson) continues to improve, and is getting more and more playing time. He's hands down our best handler and facilitator. He's taking minutes away from Girard which allows Girard to be a role player/spot shooter instead of full time PG playing 35+ mpg and getting gassed and then taking bad shots. Girard is healthier now and playing less minutes = better productivity and efficiency from him. If Girard is taking the most shots on the team, something went very wrong. He's much better taking 5-6 shots, not 10-12. Robert Braswell is also playing more, and stepping up to make big plays on both ends of the court. He's a 6'8 athletic shooter who hasn't played a ton all season, but is getting more confident with each game. His increased PT comes at the expense of 6'5 Alan Griffin who is streaky as well, but if you asked me 4 weeks ago I would've said he's our best total player. Guerrier has also been injured on and off, and appears mostly healthy now. He played most of last season with an injured groin. Our starting center, Bourama Sidibe, has effectively been out the entire season since an injury in game 1, but Dolezaj has stepped up and played well rotating over from the 4 to the 5. Add in Jesse Edwards, a 6'11 sophomore who is also playing better and more minutes each game.

To sum up:
  1. Buddy is shooting lights out, and he is finally healthy
  2. Kadary Richmond playing more, improving
  3. Girard finally healthy, playing less, allowing him to play a role more suitable for him (not lead PG)
  4. Robert Braswell and Jesse Edwards playing more and improving
  5. Guerrier healthier, improving
EDIT: to add on, the reason Cuse's offense looked horrible most of the season was the lack of a facilitator. You're right that it's a bunch of nice role players, but no "stud" or go-to guy. If SU had a guy like Bouknight, they probably win 3-4 more games during the regular season and are looking at a 4-5 seed. Kadary Richmond has started to fill that void of playmaker.

Reaction Score
He's absolutely a great player now. Being one dimensional at the most important dimension in basketball makes you great when you are as good as anyone in the country at that one dimension.
He's absolutely a great player now. Being one dimensional at the most important dimension in basketball makes you great when you are as good as anyone in the country at that one dimension.
A great player? Lol. Your the same person who thought Iowa was great because of their offensive shooting & firepower & thought Curry was a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant & LeBron James- you continue to over value shooting. It’s important & it’s even more important in today’s game, but with that said it’s not the end all be all.

Reaction Score
Can he defend NBA athletes?

This should have been Polley though...

I mean he’s Jimmer with an extra couple inches. Mostly it was because of his last name. I can’t lie though, I had never seen him interview or anything but hated how likeable and down to earth he seemed after their first win in the tournament. Seems like a good kid. Can’t root for him, but a good kid.
If it was Polley we'd still be playing.

Reaction Score
What difference it makes when you actually play hard defense on a one dimensional players you to
If you told me Corey Kispert was a great player it would be a much more interesting conversation- considering he is a much better shooter, passer, defender, & rebounder. Saying Buddy Boeheim is a great player because he has shot well from 3 over the last month or so feels like you have a specific agenda (similar to the media sometimes) or you are so consumed by shooting.

As I said previously, I think he just got caught up in the moment- as I mentioned earlier it’s the same person who said Curry was better than Kobe & LeBron when Curry was having those back to back insane years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Curry could dribble and play defense. He could also create his own shot

Reaction Score
Is Buddy Boeheim still a great player- what a joke- lol.
The guy averaged 20 on 56% from 2, 50% from 3, and 85% from the stripe over his past dozen games of course he's a great player right now. Houston designed their D to stop him knowing the rest of the team most likely wouldn't do anything and that's what happened. Boeheim didn't do anything and the rest of the team didn't do anything.

Why are you bringing up Corey Kispert? He's a lottery pick.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The guy averaged 20 on 56% from 2, 50% from 3, and 85% from the stripe over his past dozen games of course he's a great player right now. Houston designed their D to stop him knowing the rest of the team most likely wouldn't do anything and that's what happened. Boeheim didn't do anything and the rest of the team didn't do anything.

He was playing great. Difference between great player and playing great. Girard was hot for a few games too

Reaction Score

You used the term “great player”- maybe that is where we are losing in translation. The term “Great player” to me means a top 20-25 player in the college game or maybe a top 20 pick on draft night pending on the discussion. I am guessing a great player means something different to you. Although Buddy played & shot well for about 6 weeks, at no point in his career did I think he was a top 20 overall player in college & even a first round pick in the draft. Is he a good three point shooter- yes. Other than that there isn’t one thing that he does well when you watch him & his stats correlate with that same narrative. As I continue say, he shot well for 6 weeks- still confused on how he is a “great player”.

Reaction Score
You used the term “great player”- maybe that is where we are losing in translation. The term “Great player” to me means a top 20-25 player in the college game or maybe a top 20 pick on draft night pending on the discussion. I am guessing a great player means something different to you. Although Buddy played & shot well for about 6 weeks, at no point in his career did I think he was a top 20 overall player in college & even a first round pick in the draft. Is he a good three point shooter- yes. Other than that there isn’t one thing that he does well when you watch him & his stats correlate with that same narrative. As I continue say, he shot well for 6 weeks- still confused on how he is a “great player”.
Yes, I consider him a great college player. I used to think he was a good player and now I think he's a great player. Your definition of "great player" is completely different than mine. I considered Boatright a great player and he doesn't fit your criteria for "great player" different strokes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yes, I consider him a great college player. I used to think he was a good player and now I think he's a great player. Your definition of "great player" is completely different than mine. I considered Boatright a great player and he doesn't fit your criteria for "great player" different strokes.
Is the Cuse loss on buddy?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If you told me Corey Kispert was a great player it would be a much more interesting conversation- considering he is a much better shooter, passer, defender, & rebounder. Saying Buddy Boeheim is a great player because he has shot well from 3 over the last month or so feels like you have a specific agenda (similar to the media sometimes) or you are so consumed by shooting.

As I said previously, I think he just got caught up in the moment- as I mentioned earlier it’s the same person who said Curry was better than Kobe & LeBron when Curry was having those back to back insane years.

I’m still trying to figure out how no NBA team had kispert graded as a first round pick last year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Is 64/45/90 any good?

Yes. Lol. Nice one!

I mean I’m not claiming I’m a genius. But I had a late first on him thought he was perfect for one of Danny’s 3 picks last year. And higher than bane, who went round 1.

Great shooter. Good player imo.

To compare to this years UConn team his bpm was between Martin and polley.

Mostly due to his lack of all around game.

But his shot is sweet.

But credit to Barkley. He called it, and Houston executed it. Buddy was not good going left. Even on the right/catch

Reaction Score
More talk of Polley’s prolific 2-5 shooting night against Maryland please.

40%!!!

Reaction Score
How does one end up with the nickname "buddy" when every kid is called buddy on a daily basis. I'd prefer Jackson myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom