Buddy Boeheim's #'s | The Boneyard

Buddy Boeheim's #'s

Reaction Score
Boeheim is averaging over 19 points per game on 50% three point shooting his last 15 games and averaging 29.3 points per game on 60% three point shooting his last three games. There's definitely a role in today's NBA for a 6'6 guy who can shoot the three like that.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Boeheim is averaging over 19 points per game on 50% three point shooting his last 15 games and averaging 29.3 points per game on 60% three point shooting his last three games. There's definitely a role in today's NBA for a 6'6 guy who can shoot the three like that.
Yeah he is shooting himself up draft boards like steph curry did.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Sucks for us as fans when many buried them a few weeks ago and cited Boeheim's PT as a main reason they are deteriorating. Looks like he can sure shoot it and they're now in the sweet 16 with another blah run as a double digit seed, but hey it's something.

Reaction Score
Boeheim is still a Hall of Famer. I said earlier in the season, he makes every group he has look presentable eventually. People hiring him were nuts. Good for him. I’m not fan but the guy is one of the best all time and he deserves a little respect, especially at this point in his life. He may not be Wooden, K or even Calhoun, but he’s damn good and I think it is pretty funny to see him take this group to the Sweet 16 after the things people have been saying about him.

Reaction Score
It's pretty hilarious because this board has relentlessly talked s^^^ about this kid's game. More proof most of this board doesn't watch any basketball outside of UConn.
Hats off to player boeheim!!
Kid has been unbelievable and over many games

Reaction Score
It's pretty hilarious because this board has relentlessly talked s^^^ about this kid's game. More proof most of this board doesn't watch any basketball outside of UConn.
I mean, he was pretty mediocre, and now he's very good because the shots are falling at an unsustainable rate. It wasn't obvious he was going to start shooting 60% from 3 from actually watching him before. He shot okay but not great in conference play, although there were occasional games he dominated and occasional games he went 1-6 or whatever.

Last year, he rebounded like Polley and hit 37% from 3 with 71% from the line. He didn't make a lot happen in the zone, either.

I've liked his pullup from the right elbow, though. Seems to be hitting that at 100% over the last couple games, too.

Reaction Score
There's definitely a role in today's NBA for a 6'6 guy who can shoot the three like that.
Can he defend NBA athletes?

This should have been Polley though...
I mean he’s Jimmer with an extra couple inches. Mostly it was because of his last name. I can’t lie though, I had never seen him interview or anything but hated how likeable and down to earth he seemed after their first win in the tournament. Seems like a good kid. Can’t root for him, but a good kid.

Reaction Score
I'm one of those guys. However, he's been a totally different player since 1/31.

First 11 games: 14.5 ppg, 22-80 (27.5%) from 3.
Last 13 games: 20.9 ppg, 54-112 (48.1%) from 3.

I crapped on him and Girard because of their previously awful efficiency but he's been unreal the last six weeks.

Reaction Score
Can he defend NBA athletes?

This should have been Polley though...

I mean he’s Jimmer with an extra couple inches. Mostly it was because of his last name. I can’t lie though, I had never seen him interview or anything but hated how likeable and down to earth he seemed after their first win in the tournament. Seems like a good kid. Can’t root for him, but a good kid.
Jimmer is like 6'1 and can score all over the court with the ball in his hands but the ball pretty much has to be in his hands, not much of a catch and shoot guy. Boeheim is 6'6 and a catch and shoot guy, not saying he'll be as good as Duncan Robinson but that will he his role.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is a team built for the tourney, a lot of teams are not used to the 2-3 zone, unlike the ACC, that see it often and know how to defend it.

I'm curious to see how far they go. Those fans are drunk with the two wins, can't blame them, they'll be a middle tier ACC team again next year. It's almost like it's all or nothing. Rinse, wash, repeat, but a sweet 16 is nice so they should enjoy it.

It's almost a curse

Reaction Score
Jimmer is like 6'1 and can score all over the court with the ball in his hands but the ball pretty much has to be in his hands, not much of a catch and shoot guy. Boeheim is 6'6 and a catch and shoot guy, not saying he'll be as good as Duncan Robinson but that will he his role.
Jimmer Fredette was almost an out of nowhere comparison. It is lucky we had a more recent vintage white guy comp available.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

That's true, but in fairness he was doing nothing but shooting, and missing, the first chunk of his career.

He clearly has some game, you could tell he can be a lights out shooter and he's put it together a bit.

Reaction Score
I feel really stupid for assuming Buddy was another coach's kid on a scholarship only because his father is coaching. I was dead wrong. He's a baller. I'm eating crow and picking feathers from my teeth as I'm typing this.

Reaction Score
I dislike Syracuse as much as anyone but who would you rather have, their best player or ours? I hate saying it but Buddy is a better college player than Bouk.

Reaction Score
I dislike Syracuse as much as anyone but who would you rather have, their best player or ours? I hate saying it but Buddy is a better college player than Bouk.
I couldn’t disagree more. You can’t compare how Buddy plays on Syracuse to how Bouk plays for us. His deficiencies are easily hidden in the zone. He would be a shell of himself on our team. He’s a subpar athlete who would get torched on defense. Also, with our lack of other shooters everyone would key on him and he’d be lucky to score 10 a game. Book’s biggest issue is that he had no weapons around him. Buddy has a few teammates who can shoot reliably. Just imagine the type of double and triple teams that Bouk has faced being thrown at Buddy. The only thing Boeheim does better is shoot. Nothing else (maybe passing?) He is literally the perfect player for Syracuse though. There is no denying that but we wouldn’t be raving about him if he played for a team that plays man to man defense.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t disagree more. You can’t compare how Buddy plays on Syracuse to how Bouk plays for us. His deficiencies are easily hidden in the zone. He would be a shell of himself on our team. He’s a subpar athlete who would get torched on defense. Also, with our lack of other shooters everyone would key on him and he’d be lucky to score 10 a game. Book’s biggest issue is that he had no weapons around him. Buddy has a few teammates who can shoot reliably. Just imagine the type of double and triple teams that Bouk has faced being thrown at Buddy. The only thing Boeheim does better is shoot. Nothing else (maybe passing?) He is literally the perfect player for Syracuse though. There is no denying that but we wouldn’t be raving about him if he played for a team that plays man to man defense.
Now you can take Buddy Boeheim off of Syracuse and James Bouknight off of UConn and Syracuse has more weapons than UConn?!?? This place friggin' cracks me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom