Bubble weakness | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bubble weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Tulsa has as many truly quality wins as LSU, a better record and better RPI. Tulsa's problem is 13 wins against 200+ rpi opponents. The bottom of the AAC has to get better or it will keep costing the league bids. I get that ECU, USF, UCF and Houston may never be top 100 programs, but the can't completely suck if the AAC wants to be more than a 2-3 bid league.

No, they dont. Tulsa is 5-8 vs the top 100 rpi. LSU is 12-5 vs the Top 100. Tulsa's OOC crushed them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No, they dont. Tulsa is 5-8 vs the top 100 rpi. LSU is 12-5 vs the Top 100. Tulsa's OOC crushed them.

You are just wrong. LSU has two wins over teams firmly in the dance: West Virginia and Arkansas. Georgia is a bubble team (see below), as is Ole Miss. LSU's other Top 100 wins:

Tennessee 96
Alabama 84
Florida 70 x2
Sam Houston State 82
UMass 81

Alabama and UMass are the only ones that are locks for the NIT. The committee gets into that level of detail. Also, LSU lost to Old Dominion, and if any bubble team off the bubble is a dark horse to steal a bid, it is ODU.

Georgia has THREE wins over top 69 opponents, beating Ole Miss twice and A&M. Their RPI is driven by 3 Top 10 opponents (Kentucky x2 and Gonzaga) and only 5 games against teams outside the top 200. Smart scheduling, but I wouldn't consider them a lock, and I wouldn't want to be the team leaning on my win over Georgia to sway the committee this weekend.

Tulsa's non-conference only has 3 opponents outside the Top 200.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A subplot only interesting to some: Does Texas Southern get sent to Dayton?

More obviously will Robert Morris be aligned with Kentucky?

Literally no one will read this. If you want evidence the bracket is rigged... North Florida has to play in from Dayton and Texas Southern got a 15.

That is an absolute disgrace to basketball.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You are just wrong. LSU has two wins over teams firmly in the dance: West Virginia and Arkansas. Georgia is a bubble team (see below), as is Ole Miss. LSU's other Top 100 wins:

Tennessee 96
Alabama 84
Florida 70 x2
Sam Houston State 82
UMass 81

Alabama and UMass are the only ones that are locks for the NIT. The committee gets into that level of detail. Also, LSU lost to Old Dominion, and if any bubble team off the bubble is a dark horse to steal a bid, it is ODU.

Georgia has THREE wins over top 69 opponents, beating Ole Miss twice and A&M. Their RPI is driven by 3 Top 10 opponents (Kentucky x2 and Gonzaga) and only 5 games against teams outside the top 200. Smart scheduling, but I wouldn't consider them a lock, and I wouldn't want to be the team leaning on my win over Georgia to sway the committee this weekend.

Tulsa's non-conference only has 3 opponents outside the Top 200.

I forgot that none of this mattered. UCLA, Indiana and LSU all got bids. Why bother playing the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom