BTW: A LadyVol scouting opportunity tonight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BTW: A LadyVol scouting opportunity tonight

Reaction Score
This was only the first game of the season and it was on the road against a decent opponent. I'm not counting Tennessee out after this poor performance. It's preferable to get exposed early and have the film on what needs to be improved early. I believe that's a much better strategy than going into the non-conference unchallenged and getting exposed midway through the season.

Reaction Score
This was only the first game of the season and it was on the road against a decent opponent. I'm not counting Tennessee out after this poor performance. It's preferable to get exposed early and have the film on what needs to be improved early. I believe that's a much better strategy than going into the non-conference unchallenged and getting exposed midway through the season.
Totally fair. The hype around Tennessee has a lot of eyes on them though. Their game versus Indiana Monday night will have a lot of people curious to see how they bounce back. They struggled against them a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
Oh I totally agree. I expect them to solve some of their problems but there are some issues that I don't know if they can be fixed because those players seemed to have peaked (i.e. Key being foul-prone, etc.).

This was also a match made in hell for the first game of their season. They're trying to integrate new players, specifically PGs, into a group that is known for turning over the ball while facing a team that prides on ball pressure and creating turnovers...

Reaction Score

I agree. It was the first game of the year, first official game of the year. Tennessee will learn from this game and get better. Ohio State can use this game as something to build on or use it during moments when facing adversity. I am definitely not counting Tennessee out as one of the Final Four members. If the Lady Vol players can buy in and trust what Coach Harper is teaching and play together and also keep getting better in the gym, they are going to be a force.

Reaction Score
My take: I admit Tennessee is not my favorite team and I am biased but they have some critical flaws. Tennessee has some great players and a decent coach but they do not have an elite team as of today. The players do not have a group mentality because the team does not have a PG who knows the capabilities of the other players, like a football team with no QB. Until Tennessee develops a real PG they are just an average team, IMHO.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
You know I was at the game and things were going pretty good for the lady vols there in the first quarter. However, midway thru the 2nd quarter I started to get an uneasy feeling that maybe the momentum was starting to swing away. Of course, Harper did what I thought she would do and started doing weird sub patterns. That third quarter though was a coaching travesty. I would say I wouldn’t have been surprised if AD Danny White pulled a USC move, like they did with Lane Kiffin, and fired Harper on the spot. Rickea Jackson pretty much mailed it in and to see her out there floundering around, I just couldn’t believe Harper didn’t call a timeout to give some sort of direction and let them regroup. UCONN will have a field day with Tennessee’s porous three point defense. Yikes!!

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Based off last seasons stats ....the beginning of the seasons Vegas calls and Massey ratings are pretty much null and void .
Wrong…try again

Reaction Score
Totally fair. The hype around Tennessee has a lot of eyes on them though. Their game versus Indiana Monday night will have a lot of people curious to see how they bounce back. They struggled against them a couple years ago.
Indiana was our only loss in 2019-20 season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom