BTW: A LadyVol scouting opportunity tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BTW: A LadyVol scouting opportunity tonight

Reaction Score
That's assuming Harris isn't matched up against Horston or Jackson. I could see her being paired up with either one of them tonight.
The defensive matchups is not what im referencing. More so 2 best players/scorers versus OSU's two best scorers/players. Tennessee has more of a supporting cast in case those 2 dont show up . Ohio state HAS to have Sheldon / Miksell show up tonight to even have a chance. Braxton Miller won't be the guard in charge of scoring this year so Miksell being a 10 year senior will need to come to play tonight consistently .

Reaction Score
Ohio state will press and try to force turnovers like Louisville was able to do in their sweet 16 game. Key may not even be a factor, she certainly was ineffective against Louisville and this Ohio State team is just as good as that Louisville team was last year. Let’s see if Tennessee can hold on to the ball and not make silly mistakes.
that was a totally different LV roster. If they are going to attempt that method this could get ugly very fast. Tennessee's primary ballhandler this season is Franklin with Walker as her pressure release guard. There's still Horston in the middle or Jackson in the middle to start the fast break on a press leaving OSU in a 2 on 3 situation with Horston , Jackson and Key and im sure we know how that playout in a fast break against players a foot shorter.

Reaction Score
Also, Harper coached teams have notoriously started seasons out slow. She had one season at nc state where she started 0-7 and also one season at Missouri state she started 0-7.
What did she start last season ? Before the injury bug came with Burrell , Green , Horston etc ?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
that was a totally different LV roster. If they are going to attempt that method this could get ugly very fast.
You mean if Ohio state tries to press?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
What did she start last season ? Before the injury bug came with Burrell , Green , Horston etc ?
I guess you forgot the first game against southern Illinois where they dang near got beat. It should have never been that close. Also how about those unranked losses to auburn(yuck!) bama, Florida and they still had horsten and key in the lineup. Remember lady vol fans thinks key and horston see sure fire first round draft picks. Forgive me if I am still a bit apprehensive lol

Reaction Score
The defensive matchups is not what im referencing. More so 2 best players/scorers versus OSU's two best scorers/players. Tennessee has more of a supporting cast in case those 2 dont show up . Ohio state HAS to have Sheldon / Miksell show up tonight to even have a chance. Braxton Miller won't be the guard in charge of scoring this year so Miksell being a 10 year senior will need to come to play tonight consistently .
But if Harris is on either one of them, that could impact their ability to score. She's good at frustrating players and drawing charges. I'm not sure how that couldn't be a factor in this game.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I guess my point is this Tennessee team needs time to gel and work the kinks out. They have all these new players coming in and their roles aren’t really defined yet. Ohio State is not the team you want to start the season out with under this scenario.

Reaction Score
I guess you forgot the first game against southern Illinois where they dang near got beat. It should have never been that close. Also how about those unranked losses to auburn(yuck!) bama, Florida and they still had horsten and key in the lineup. Remember lady vol fans thinks key and horston see sure fire first round draft picks. Forgive me if I am still a bit apprehensive lol
Dang near got beat in the first game that they won and then went on to go 18-1 from being #25 to ranked #4 in the nation ...We forgot that too right ?

Reaction Score
I guess my point is this Tennessee team needs time to gel and work the kinks out. They have all these new players coming in and their roles aren’t really defined yet. Ohio State is not the team you want to start the season out with under this scenario.
This could be said for literally every team in women's college basketball today lol ...literally its game 1 who do you think has gelled right now ? LOL

Reaction Score
41 33 Tenn at half. The game is a little sloppy as to be expected with a first game. Don't love the lineups from Tennessee i.e no bigs or no Jackson or Horston, but foul trouble could be the reason.

Reaction Score
41 33 Tenn at half. The game is a little sloppy as to be expected with a first game. Don't love the lineups from Tennessee i.e no bigs or no Jackson or Horston, but foul trouble could be the reason.
Surprised that TN is so shaky against the press. Guards are experienced and they have height. I expected sloppy, but this is a bit much.

Reaction Score
Foul trouble is the reason. Jackson and Key with 2 each.

OSU has no answer for Horston...nearly a double-double in the first half. Unfortunately, also flirting with a bad triple double at this clip.

Tennessee's length and athleticism is throttling OSU's offense. If not for the turnovers...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Horston looking at triple double. 13 pts, 11 reb 6 TO's with 3' left in 3Q but she looks so lean and athletic.

How to be a TN fan with 6 Assists and 23 TO's :confused:

Mikasell Heating up. A little Azzi flair. with 2 rapid fire 3's

63-54 after 3Q. TN better rethink this basketball thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My bad I see y they probably need 2 guards out there, especially against the osu pressure. Need Jackson to step up and bigs to be more impactful. OSU up 8 with Sheldon kinda off

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The ball keeps getting lost in their uniforms. :p
Wait they are using a pumpkin vomit colored ball?

Reaction Score
Jacy Sheldon does a lot of good things on the basketball court

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
63-54 after 3Q. TN better rethink this basketball thing
Or schedule more division II opponents. I’ve heard they’re quite good against division II opponents.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is the record of Assist / TO ratio in college? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member