BTW: A LadyVol scouting opportunity tonight | The Boneyard

BTW: A LadyVol scouting opportunity tonight

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Be warned, it is on BTN, not SECN. I will be very curious if TN so early will look cohesive. I am guessing TO's and poor shooting percentage will still be part of their game plan. ;)

Reaction Score
How well does OSU shoot the 3 ball, does OSU have depth? How will Harper handle their depth? Have a gut feeling someone will run out of the gate but then have to hold the other off. Can’t figure out who that team will be though. I remember Harper not being afraid to schedule at MSU. I like what she’s doing

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
With the depth Tennessee has. I expect them to press full court until OSU drops.

Reaction Score
How well does OSU shoot the 3 ball, does OSU have depth? How will Harper handle their depth? Have a gut feeling someone will run out of the gate but then have to hold the other off. Can’t figure out who that team will be though. I remember Harper not being afraid to schedule at MSU. I like what she’s doing
OSU has depth. Plus, they are not afraid to press full court, the whole game. Jacy Sheldon and Taylor Mikesell are the go-to players for Ohio State. They are tough and have a solid midrange game and can Taylor is the deep threat. I am loving this matchup.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
OSU has depth. Plus, they are not afraid to press full court, the whole game. Jacy Sheldon and Taylor Mikesell are the go-to players for Ohio State. They are tough and have a solid midrange game and can Taylor is the deep threat. I am loving this matchup.
And a better chance of announcers that won't shove anointing status

Reaction Score
Me too. Tennessee may very well win but it may come down to the wire! People forget that Ohio St beat LSU and took Texas to the wire last year to end the season so they’re very familiar with teams that play an athletic and uptempo style of play. I think I’ll go with the upset. Sheldon moving back to the 2 this year will be huge for them and having Athletic players like Cotie McMahon, Eboni Walker, and Rikki Harris will be great for guarding Horston and Jackson.

Reaction Score
OSU hardly has size, and I think that's whats going to be the difference. I expect Tennesee to have a huge rebounding advantage and have the OSU post players in early foul trouble. Even if OSU can match/exceed them in the backcourt, Tennessee's size and interior defense will be what gets them the victory

Reaction Score
OSU hardly has size, and I think that's whats going to be the difference. I expect Tennesee to have a huge rebounding advantage and have the OSU post players in early foul trouble. Even if OSU can match/exceed them in the backcourt, Tennessee's size and interior defense will be what gets them the victory
Unless Tennessee hasn't figured out the turnover problem

Reaction Score
With the depth Tennessee has. I expect them to press full court until OSU drops.
I feel the same with Ohio State. They got some depth and Coach McGuff will press as well. Should be an entertaining game.

Reaction Score
Ohio State got size that can make it interesting for Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Ohio State got size that can make it interesting for Tennessee.
I see 6’4 and 6’3 on their roster…neither being big time scorers or rebounds. Other than that, I don’t see any players over 6’1. Unless they get Key in foul trouble, they will have problems.

Reaction Score
And don't forget Rikki Harris who is tough defensively. There could be some great battles at this position tonight.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
So looks like Vegas has THE Ohio State University winning this one by 4.5. Vegas is usually always right on these things. I am more concerned about how Kellie subs in this game and could it kill momentum. There is no doubt kellie is a good coach and this Tennessee team is loaded for sure, but she is hell bent on subbing someone out every few minutes. I’ll actually be at the game and I am excited for this season as a lady vol fan, but I’m not a fan of the platoon type of subbing that we are going to see from this Tennessee team this season. Ohio State is hard to take down at home and they have a team that has a lot of chemistry and cohesion. It’ll be close.

Reaction Score
So looks like Vegas has THE Ohio State University winning this one by 4.5. Vegas is usually always right on these things. I am more concerned about how Kellie subs in this game and could it kill momentum. There is no doubt kellie is a good coach and this Tennessee team is loaded for sure, but she is hell bent on subbing someone out every few minutes. I’ll actually be at the game and I am excited for this season as a lady vol fan, but I’m not a fan of the platoon type of subbing that we are going to see from this Tennessee team this season. Ohio State is hard to take down at home and they have a team that has a lot of chemistry and cohesion. It’ll be close.
Ideally keeps it tight: Walker, Horston, Jackson, Puckett and Key to start, with Powell, Hollingshead and Franklin as the main backups. Maybe Tess Darby for situational possessions. I don't think this is the kind of game for Miles, Striplin, Wynn or Darby #2 to come in unless they have an insurmountable lead

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am surprised by the spread This game should be very interesting as a clash of styles.

Reaction Score
Jacy Sheldon / Taylor Miksell vs Jordan Horston/Rickea Jackson.....Lol no competition . Not to mention Key & Suarez

Reaction Score
Based off last seasons stats ....the beginning of the seasons Vegas calls and Massey ratings are pretty much null and void .

Reaction Score
Jacy Sheldon / Taylor Miksell vs Jordan Horston/Rickea Jackson.....Lol no competition . Not to mention Key & Suarez
That's assuming Harris isn't matched up against Horston or Jackson. I could see her being paired up with either one of them tonight.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Ohio state will press and try to force turnovers like Louisville was able to do in their sweet 16 game. Key may not even be a factor, she certainly was ineffective against Louisville and this Ohio State team is just as good as that Louisville team was last year. Let’s see if Tennessee can hold on to the ball and not make silly mistakes.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Also, Harper coached teams have notoriously started seasons out slow. She had one season at nc state where she started 0-7 and also one season at Missouri state she started 0-7.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom