BTN with another mention of UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BTN with another mention of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN has a losing record against Rutgers, both all-time (RU leads series 22-11) as well as since UCONN began play in the Big East as a conference member (RU leads 6-4).

That's what the average Big Ten and ACC fans think, and they are correct in their thinking.

I don't know about your records against SU, PITT, Louisville but the talk that UCONN has a better record against Rutgers is just false.
By the way...what is UConn's all time FB record? I know they only played bigtime D1 since joining the BE in FB but were they a 1AA power previous?
Give up jerk. The guy cannot recruit, never had the personality for it. He pisses everybody off, coaches, players, you name it. Thirty something players transfered out of Maryland after his first year there.

He was nearly dumped early on when much of the team and fanbase almost revolted..poor replacement for the Fridge!! Thank god the Md AD forced that hotshot recruiter on him!!

Reaction Score
Where'd you get that idea Einstein? Or just venting? Lighten up RU fan's aren't you're concern or mine. Why blame them? Don't waste you're ammo shooting at the moon and think before you post crap.

Right here you gnikcvf moron.

But here's the thing, can you gain, sustain, and enhance your success on the Fb field? That is the most important thing to someone like Delaney. Methinks your facilities would rival mosttop schools in the BT, but the general worry is that how do you know you won't become another Indiana? Great at BB terrible at FB.UCONN has to be very good at FB.

As if RU was ever good at football.

By the way, if New York City took a dump, it would be prettier than Newark.

Reaction Score
Right here you moron.

As if RU was ever good at football.

By the way, if New York City took a dump, it would be prettier than Newark.

I'm pretty sure if there were some top recruits from Newark, which there are, UCONN coaches would walk there. So please with the insults. And no where in this thread did I insult your school or your program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To be quite fair, UCONN has done well for themselves withing the past 14 years or so. And your AD is very efficient, we can all we that with MWB;. But here's the thing, can you gain, sustain, and enhance your success on the Fb field? That is the most important thing to someone like Delaney. Methinks your facilities would rival mosttop schools in the BT, but the general worry is that how do you know you won't become another Indiana? Great at BB terrible at FB.UCONN has to be very good at FB. I think the problem is thaf most aren't convinced. No one disputes your BB prowess. You guys are to BB what Miami was to FB. Its not necessarily a given...nor is it for us. There are other sports the BT are passionate about ...wrestling, which we have, and hockey, which you have. But I think that wrestling is number 3 in the conference as we speak.

Is there something just inherently broken with Rutgers fans on the internet?

Methinks you SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND NOTE THAT RUTGERS HAS NO SUSTAINED SUCCESS IN ANYTHING.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if there were some top recruits from Newark, which there are, UCONN coaches would walk there. So please with the insults. And no where in this thread did I insult your school or your program.
He's a rare nitwit here obviously who uses his mouth like a john?? He "ain't got no class" as we say in Jersey.I may put him ign after thinking I took his comment out of context!! Was ready to apologize....for his stupidity? Glad he exposed himself.

Reaction Score
Maybe little OT but what happened to billybud? Get lost on his trip to the Apple?

Reaction Score
If ACC took UConn, B12 would have taken UL and Cincy and everyone would be happy.

I know this would never happen but if the B1G somehow agreed to take in Cincy you would have 4 perfect pods:

East - UConn, RU, Maryland, PSU
North - Michigan, Michigan State, OSU, Cincy
Central - Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois
West - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska
I enjoy you're viewpoint's uconNYC.

Reaction Score
Is there something just inherently broken with Rutgers fans on the internet?

Methinks you SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND NOTE THAT RUTGERS HAS NO SUSTAINED SUCCESS IN ANYTHING.

You see that's the thing, there are some things you don't know and there are some things you choose to know.

Reaction Score
To be quite fair, UCONN has done well for themselves withing the past 14 years or so. And your AD is very efficient, we can all we that with MWB;. But here's the thing, can you gain, sustain, and enhance your success on the Fb field? That is the most important thing to someone like Delaney. Methinks your facilities would rival mosttop schools in the BT, but the general worry is that how do you know you won't become another Indiana? Great at BB terrible at FB.UCONN has to be very good at FB. I think the problem is thaf most aren't convinced. No one disputes your BB prowess. You guys are to BB what Miami was to FB. Its not necessarily a given...nor is it for us. There are other sports the BT are passionate about ...wrestling, which we have, and hockey, which you have. But I think that wrestling is number 3 in the conference as we speak.

Wait, if that's the most important thing to Delany, what . is Rutgers doing in the league?

Reaction Score
If something is going to happen, we will know in about two years. My thought process is that The Big10 will be renegotiating their tier 1/partial tier 2 media contract in early 2016 (the new one will start in 2017). I believe they want everything settles in this round before that starts.

I think we'll know sometime shortly after the football season this year. That would give a school a chance to meet its exit conditions (or come close anyway).

Speaking of... UConn -- what are your exit terms?

Reaction Score
I think we'll know sometime shortly after the football season this year. That would give a school a chance to meet its exit conditions (or come close anyway).

Speaking of... UConn -- what are your exit terms?

Two packs now and laters, some IOU's, and three autographs.

Reaction Score
Wait, if that's the most important thing to Delany, what . is Rutgers doing in the league?

Are you still asking this question? I think that Delaney had already explained that. He has already stated that the conference has been very good for that past 100 years. He's looking at potential for the next 100 years. yes I know that we got in because of demographics. Yes I know that we don't have the cache. Yes I know that we don't have the history (sort of). However, there are other external/internal variables that almost make us sort of attractive to the conference, like recruiting, some state supprot (which we NEED very badly), and perhaps (OMG HOPEFULLY) the athletic department and the president can keep their heads out of their respective posteriors. That right there is it in a nutshell. I understand that we have lost a lot, but we have also won a lot too. Rutgers wasn't always the loser that some on here proclaim it to have been. We have won a very fair share of our games. It's actually been over the last 22 some odd years have we been cursed and branded. And in all honesty, please keep in mind, like you, we've only been playing D1A football for only 36 years; and having after made that jump, were not give ANY support for any athletic programs for years and years. You guys have been completely lucky, because after you made your jump, at least your school, and your state stood behind you every step of the way. Rutgers was not given that luxury. Lack of support has always been our problem.

Can we say that some of us are jealous? I can say, for myself, yes, with absolute honesty. Had we had the same support for our school that you were given for yours, we may have been in a different position over time, and that's not necessarily comparing it to you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
B1G has been great for a century. Adding Rutgers is just proof of the regression towards the mean.

Reaction Score
I don't begrudge RU anything. They're a large state school that has invested in their stadium and facilities just like we have. That they have little to no athletic success is just a fun little thing to make fun of them as a geographical rival. They deserve to be in. We do too, the mystery is why were not, and what is it going to take.

Reaction Score
Are you still asking this question? I think that Delaney had already explained that. He has already stated that the conference has been very good for that past 100 years. He's looking at potential for the next 100 years. yes I know that we got in because of demographics. Yes I know that we don't have the cache. Yes I know that we don't have the history (sort of). However, there are other external/internal variables that almost make us sort of attractive to the conference, like recruiting, some state supprot (which we NEED very badly), and perhaps (OMG HOPEFULLY) the athletic department and the president can keep their heads out of their respective posteriors. That right there is it in a nutshell. I understand that we have lost a lot, but we have also won a lot too. Rutgers wasn't always the loser that some on here proclaim it to have been. We have won a very fair share of our games. It's actually been over the last 22 some odd years have we been cursed and branded. And in all honesty, please keep in mind, like you, we've only been playing D1A football for only 36 years; and having after made that jump, were not give ANY support for any athletic programs for years and years. You guys have been completely lucky, because after you made your jump, at least your school, and your state stood behind you every step of the way. Rutgers was not given that luxury. Lack of support has always been our problem.

Can we say that some of us are jealous? I can say, for myself, yes, with absolute honesty. Had we had the same support for our school that you were given for yours, we may have been in a different position over time, and that's not necessarily comparing it to you.

I was just taking offense to your interpretation of what was important to Jim Delany. If you were right, Rutgers would still be in the American. There's not a single athletic achievement that you can point to which caused Rutgers to earn an invite. If there is one, please identify it.

Effectively, Rutgers is an ugly trust fund baby and UConn is a poor prom queen. While UConn could certainly win the lottery one day, only one of us is likely to be confused with a supermodel.

Reaction Score
Two packs now and laters, some IOU's, and three autographs.

What are the exit terms of your league? :)

The AAC wanted $15M from Rutgers. Is that the going rate or was that the early exit rate?

pj

Reaction Score

If our worst case is becoming another Indiana, we should be in the B1G in an instant.

Reaction Score
in 1 short month, UConn went from realignment outcast where the media would question our addition to realignment gold with the media justifying the addition.

Reaction Score
in 1 short month, UConn went from realignment outcast where the media would question our addition to realignment gold with the media justifying the addition.

And sadly come football time the media will again question it. Basketball in this day and age matters one month a year to the largest sports media network in ESPN.

Reaction Score
If ACC took UConn, B12 would have taken UL and Cincy and everyone would be happy.

I know this would never happen but if the B1G somehow agreed to take in Cincy you would have 4 perfect pods:

East - UConn, RU, Maryland, PSU
North - Michigan, Michigan State, OSU, Cincy
Central - Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois
West - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska

In a world where everyone gets along, the XII would release West Virginia who would then go to the ACC. The ACC would release Louisville who would go to the SEC. That would allow the SEC to let Missouri to go to the B1G who would then bookend that addition with UConn. The XII would then backfill with UCF, USF and either SMU or Houston. The only “major” program left out would be Cincinnati, who would likely go to the ACC when Texas punts on the XII.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You see that's the thing, there are some things you don't know and there are some things you choose to know.

I can sum Rutgers up with a single example.

Mickey Mouse Head Coach Greg Schiano's strategy to try to force fumbles down 3 touchdowns when the offense is in Victory formation.

That's Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Don't even recall that situation. I remember doing it while down a touchdown but not three.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't even recall that situation. I remember doing it while down a touchdown but not three.

Well I guess I know some things about Rutgers our esteemed guests don't.

You probably shut the game off because UConn sku$$f$cked them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think most of the RU guys on here are pretty decent guys that wouldn't mind UConn being added to the B1G unlike Cuse/BC scum.

While you guys make valid points about improving our program and I think it comes from a good place, you have to realize how incredibly condescending it is to hear it from you guys. We've both had modest success in football and our hoops is elite. We're in a maddening situation so we're readily defensive of our programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom