BTN with another mention of UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BTN with another mention of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think most of the RU guys on here are pretty decent guys that wouldn't mind UConn being added to the B1G unlike Cuse/BC scum.

While you guys make valid points about improving our program and I think it comes from a good place, you have to realize how incredibly condescending it is to hear it from you guys. We've both had modest success in football and our hoops is elite. We're in a maddening situation so we're readily defensive of our programs.
Don't be so sure about this. Read the RU rivals board for their true feelings on UConn. UConn is a dirty BBall program, Calhoun cheated, their FB program and stadium are garbage. Truth is they fear us being on eequal footing just like BC and SU fans. I could see it from BC and RU, SU makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Don't be so sure about this. Read the RU rivals board for their true feelings on UConn. UConn is a dirty BBall program, Calhoun cheated, their FB program and stadium are garbage. Truth is they fear us being on eequal footing just like BC and SU fans. I could see it from BC and RU, SU makes no sense.

That's actually what started to convince me that you guys would be good rivals in the Big Ten ;)

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
UCONN has a losing record against Rutgers, both all-time (RU leads series 22-11) as well as since UCONN began play in the Big East as a conference member (RU leads 6-4).

That's what the average Big Ten and ACC fans think, and they are correct in their thinking.

I don't know about your records against SU, PITT, Louisville but the talk that UCONN has a better record against Rutgers is just false.
You were d1 in the 70's. we were not. what was the record when we were both D1?

Reaction Score
That was built on a schedule that Schiano would laugh at.

When we started to upgrade our schedule without putting the money in it destroyed us.

Reaction Score
I can sum Rutgers up with a single example.

Mickey Mouse Head Coach Greg Schiano's strategy to try to force fumbles down 3 touchdowns when the offense is in Victory formation.

That's Rutgers.

Actually that's the Buccaneers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's interesting is that all this media attention is about Rutgers vs UConn. I doubt that the Big Ten finds a pot of gold in College Park, MD either. That athletics department is shrinking. Rutgers might end up the more successful of the two. I didn't see Mark Turgeon cutting down nets like UConn did. Maryland's women's team does well as do many other Maryland women's programs, however. Maryland has this accomplishment vs Rutgers. But their athletics deparment has been in trouble for a long time.
Well B1G revenue will go along way to making MD a profitable athletic department.

Reaction Score

To be honest, I fear being on equal footing with Rutgers, too. That would be quite depressing.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I fear being on equal footing with Rutgers, too. That would be quite depressing.

That's just a loud, yet small number. They're the types who feel threatened by increased competition, those are the types who speak loudest. BWI Illustrated does this as well, partly because those particular fans had dominating visions when they joined the BIG, but instead blame their lack of success on witch hunts, biased officiating and so-called cultural incompatibility. They claim a OSU-Mi conspiracy while Wisconsin has appeared in the most Rose Bowls since their membership. Well Md and Rutgers, along with Ohio surround Pa's borders now. Get over it.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
If UConn can get AAU membership in the next couple of years, I think they will get a Big Ten invite once another team is found (similar to how the big ten pulled the trigger on Rutgers once Maryland said they would come).

IF UConn get into the AAU (which I think they are close). then I could see an expansion to 16 of UConn and one of Virginia/Mizzou/Kansas by the big ten. JMHO. You would add a lot to the big ten in terms of non-FB sports cache, including hockey. Adding Virginia and UConn would also help solidify NYC and DC as Big Ten strongholds just as Philly is solidified now as a big ten stronghold with Rutgers and PSU.

Reaction Score
That's just a loud, yet small number. They're the types who feel threatened by increased competition, those are the types who speak loudest. BWI Illustrated does this as well, partly because those particular fans had dominating visions when they joined the BIG, but instead blame their lack of success on witch hunts, biased officiating and so-called cultural incompatibility. They claim a OSU-Mi conspiracy while Wisconsin has appeared in the most Rose Bowls since their membership. Well Md and Rutgers, along with Ohio surround Pa's borders now. Get over it.

To be clear, I have no problem with Rutgers. I'd love to be in the Big Ten with them, I enjoy visiting there for road games, and even if we joined the ACC someday, I'd still want to play them in hoops and football.

Any suggestion that we're how somehow comparable institutions from an athletic perspective is utterly insane, however.

Reaction Score
Every single BE football school(Rutgers included) was quietly lobbying to get out as we were getting in. Virgin fools in big boy football. Duped by our conference mates and our own ignorance. Our leadership, unsophisticated. Wonder if Lew knew. He spent considerable energy getting UConn D1 football and left just before we joined a BCS conference. Didn't really stay to see his baby being born. Rell, gone. Hogue, gone. Hathaway, gone. Eyes open. Forward and up.

Lew had to know, he was the AD at UCONN, hip deep in at all since day 1 of Big East football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom