BS 4th in the Nation in passing efficiency | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BS 4th in the Nation in passing efficiency

Reaction Score
Holy smokes you are certifiable loser. Going back to 2014. Wow, man, that is embarrassing for you. You do have "apologista" handle so I should not be surprised that you are huge loser. I do remember your inability to count last season in defending RE's record at Maryland, so maybe you should focus on learning to add instead of stalking others on the internet?

Oh, and those posts from years ago were right, BS flat out stunk the last few years, so what is your point?

Loses argument based on merit, starts name calling, changes topic from Shirreffs to Edsall.

Classic troll.

You've been owned in this thread, you should just stop now. But, as if it's not obvious enough, the posts were not right. You defended Diaco based on the play of Shirreffs. Others, such as myself, defended Shirreffs based on the coaching of Diaco (and others).

Now Shirreffs is the 4th rated passer in the country, runs the 12th ranked offense, has accomplished something no other UConn QB has done (back to back 400 yard games), and is one of two QBs in the country to spread the ball around enough to have 7 different receivers > 100 yards. The offense has doubled their scoring output. And the OL is really only marginally better.

So those comments about Shirreffs not being a competent QB were incorrect. He had the worst coaches in the country. The play wasn't given to him until about 10 seconds left in the play clock. Hardly any time to read the defense, make adjustments, point out blocking assignments/blitzing players, etc.

You're embarrassing yourself here. At least when I made a mistake I owned it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's great that BS is having a good year.

But realistically, is he much improved or is the difference the OC?

Yep, he came in and and beat Holy Cross. But he hasn't rung up a W since. That falls mostly on the defense. Not BS fault.

But each game, he comes out and falls behind. Throws an early INT or misses and open guy on third down. Then plays well and we get closer, even tied once, but never over the hump. I would like to see us (and BS) break that pattern on Friday.

Reaction Score
Loses argument based on merit, starts name calling, changes topic from Shirreffs to Edsall.

Classic troll.

You've been owned in this thread, you should just stop now. But, as if it's not obvious enough, the posts were not right. You defended Diaco based on the play of Shirreffs. Others, such as myself, defended Shirreffs based on the coaching of Diaco (and others).

Now Shirreffs is the 4th rated passer in the country, runs the 12th ranked offense, has accomplished something no other UConn QB has done, and is one of two QBs in the country to spread the ball around enough to have 7 different receivers > 100 yards. The offense has doubled their scoring output. And the OL is really only marginally better.

So those comments about Shirreffs not being a competent QB were incorrect. He had the worst coaches in the country. The play wasn't given to him until about 10 seconds left in the play clock. Hardly any time to read the defense, make adjustments, point out blocking assignments/blitzing players, etc.

You're embarrassing yourself here. At least when I made a mistake I owned it.
No this is owning: Sally Jenkins hit piece on Edsall

Not being able to count is embarrassing. Turtling and running away when proven wrong is embarrassing. All components of the "apologista" playbook.

But sure lets throw a parade for BS being winless against D1 teams because he has had good games against 3 bad defenses. Never said he was not playing well this year, just that you should slow down. And he did stink the last few years. Coaching was bad but so was the QB play to say other wise would be like saying 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 is 3 seasons not 4.

Reaction Score

Yep, he came in and and beat Holy Cross. But he hasn't rung up a W since. That falls mostly on the defense. Not BS fault.

But each game, he comes out and falls behind. Throws an early INT or misses and open guy on third down. Then plays well and we get closer, even tied once, but never over the hump. I would like to see us (and BS) break that pattern on Friday.

We are 3-1 or 4-0 if the D is even "average". Agreed he has missed people or made mistakes in spots - he isn't perfect. But I don't put the record on him.

Reaction Score

You just need to stop. He was 22-28 vs SMU with tons of yards. Look at his TD to int ration this year and look at his completion percentage.

I know you are pining for Pindell but come on Dave, really?

Reaction Score
No this is owning: Sally Jenkins hit piece on Edsall

Not being able to count is embarrassing. Turtling and running away when proven wrong is embarrassing. All components of the "apologista" playbook.

But sure lets throw a parade for BS being winless against D1 teams because he has had good games against 3 bad defenses. Never said he was not playing well this year, just that you should slow down. And he did stink the last few years. Coaching was bad but so was the QB play to say other wise would be like saying 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 is 3 seasons not 4.

"He's not a D1 QB"

I made a mistake and admitted it (twice alone in this thread)

One of us can be an adult and admit when he's wrong. The other is you.

Edit: just went back and re-read some of that. I admitted making a mistake. I read the wiki page which said "2011-2012". Since football seasons generally start in one year, and end in the next, I read that as the 2011-2012 season. Not the 2011 and 2012 seasons. I personally think that's a reasonable mistake, and it wasn't until I went back and read the blurb that I realized it was two seasons.

I admitted my mistake in that thread and this one. Who is turtling up and running away?

There's a reason he stunk....incompetent coaching. One recent article mentioned they never got the play into the huddle until about 10 seconds left in the play clock. That leaves him 10 seconds to call the play, get everyone to the line, read the defense, call out assignments, make adjustments...most of which inevitably never happened. It's obvious why he locked onto his first target. He was never put in a position to succeed. And none of that even mentions the porous OL.

But you know, let's keep hearing more about the mistake that I admitted to, since that's all you got.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"He's not a D1 QB"

I made a mistake and admitted it (twice alone in this thread)

One of us can be an adult and admit when he's wrong. The other is you.
There is a difference between using hyperbole when frustrated by a players poor extremely play in the moment and calling others idiots because you cannot count to four as you did in that thread. I will take my actions any day of the week over yours.

Reaction Score
There is a difference between using hyperbole when frustrated by a players poor extremely play in the moment and calling others idiots because you cannot count to four as you did in that thread. I will take my actions any day of the week over yours.

Like said, I admitted I was wrong. Your comments made "in the moment" lasted 2 seasons, but cool story bro.

Tell us again why Shirreffs throwing for over 100 more yards than the defenses were surrendering, means he isn't even a "semi-competent" D1 QB.

Reaction Score
If BS plays the next 9 games like the first 3, he will be grouped with Dan O alone.

If he stays healthy I expect it to be an amazing season.....for the offense.

Healthy BS, competent coaching and a good group of WR's should be fun.

How about we move on?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
"He's not a D1 QB"

I made a mistake and admitted it (twice alone in this thread).
I think 95% of this board made that mistake. It is incredible what Diaco can do to an offense. No wonder why Nebraska wanted him as a DC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom