bryce mcneal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

bryce mcneal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dez just tweeted that McNeal is looking around just in case he does not get accepted into one of our grad programs.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't feel this is a blog ow to our team is nuts. However, it is what it is and we still have enough talent in our WR corp.

If we have enough talent in our WR corp then why is it a big blow? Which is it going to be? Pick a side, I"m with your second opinion, we have enough talent with the WR's and TE's.

pj

Reaction Score
"Enough" to complete passes is one thing, "enough" to be one of the best teams in college football is another. Without seeing Bryce McNeal in action, how can we tell how good he is? He just might be a player who can improve the team.

I agree with you that we have a talented receiving corps and will do OK even if we lose him. But I'd rather have him in the mix, and let the cream rise to the top.

Reaction Score
If we have enough talent in our WR corp then why is it a big blow? Which is it going to be? Pick a side, I"m with your second opinion, we have enough talent with the WR's and TE's.
"Pick a side"?....not sure what that means, but i must have missed the point when our offense became so strong that losing potential starters at skill positions didn't matter. But I am very happy that day has arrived!!

If you had a net worth of $1 million dollars then i stole $100,000 from you....it would be a blow to your wealth, but you could live very well with remaining $900,000.

Reaction Score
"Pick a side"?....not sure what that means, but i must have missed the point when our offense became so strong that losing potential starters at skill positions didn't matter. But I am very happy that day has arrived!!

If you had a net worth of $1 million dollars then i stole $100,000 from you....it would be a blow to your wealth, but you could live very well with remaining $900,000.

Money is a bad analogy, no one wants to lose even a dollar. Bryce should not be viewed as a potential starter. Bryce would have added depth and maturity to our roster and probably a good locker room guy. Everyone on this board would have loved to have him on board, but to say that this is a big blow, that's a bit much IMO. It's a minor setback at best.

Reaction Score
Nobody really knows if the potential loss of McNeal is a big blow because we don't know how good McNeal is. We had high hopes because he was a 5 star recruit out of high school, but that must be tempered by the fact that he (as far as we can tell) couldn't make the Clemson starting line up last year. I'm not sure if he wasn't a starter because of talent or a potential issue with the coaches or both.

We do have many receivers on the roster and most assume at a minimum that Nick Williams, Phillips, Smith and Davis have the talent to have a great impact on this season.

Rest assured that if McNeal goes to Louisville (of all places) we will find out if losing him was a big loss.

Reaction Score
Money is a bad analogy, no one wants to lose even a dollar. Bryce should not be viewed as a potential starter. Bryce would have added depth and maturity to our roster and probably a good locker room guy. Everyone on this board would have loved to have him on board, but to say that this is a big blow, that's a bit much IMO. It's a minor setback at best.
So the playing careers of young men aren't as important as money...got it. Second, i never qualified it as a "big" blow. Third, I thought every member of the team was a potential starter. Did Coach provide a list of guys who won't start under any circumstance?

Again, i feel it is a blow but not worth crying about. But i rarely find many things worth crying about.

Reaction Score
So the playing careers of young men aren't as important as money...got it. Second, i never qualified it as a "big" blow. Third, I thought every member of the team was a potential starter. Did Coach provide a list of guys who won't start under any circumstance?

Again, i feel it is a blow but not worth crying about. But i rarely find many things worth crying about.

How did he say that it wasn't as important?

Reaction Score
Dez just tweeted that McNeal is looking around just in case he does not get accepted into one of our grad programs.
You mean to tell me that that has not been figured out at this stage of the game. We open camp in a week and we don't know whether or not that we are accepted?? I mean c'mon.

Reaction Score
You mean to tell me that that has not been figured out at this stage of the game. We open camp in a week and we don't know whether or not that we are accepted?? I mean c'mon.

Agreed. Something isn't right there. Camp is about to open, and the school year is a month away, and a person doesn't know if they are accepted to a grad program? Is their a wait list? This doesn't add up at all.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm just going to go ahead and say this now in case he doesn't pick uconn. i was really really really looking forward to where he was going to live we he got to uconn. for those that don't know, bryce has a little hobby that other kids probably wont enjoy in there house that much and ppl up north in general aren't about like people are down south(general thought).

Reaction Score
i'm just going to go ahead and say this now in case he doesn't pick uconn. i was really really really looking forward to where he was going to live we he got to uconn. for those that don't know, bryce has a little hobby that other kids probably wont enjoy in there house that much and ppl up north in general aren't about like people are down south(general thought).
What ? Don't have a clue as to the meaning of the hobby statement. Am curious to find out more. Give us some detail

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agreed. Something isn't right there. Camp is about to open, and the school year is a month away, and a person doesn't know if they are accepted to a grad program? Is their a wait list? This doesn't add up at all.

The only thing I can think of is that they are awaiting the results of one or more of his summer courses that he had enrolled in. I guess we'll find out in the next week or so...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What ? Don't have a clue as to the meaning of the hobby statement. Am curious to find out more. Give us some detail

media

yarders, his twitter name is @brycemcneal. hit him up and show uconn support. lville fans are all over him right now.

Reaction Score

So, he's a NASCAR fan, big deal?

;)

Reaction Score
Nobody really knows if the potential loss of McNeal is a big blow because we don't know how good McNeal is. We had high hopes because he was a 5 star recruit out of high school, but that must be tempered by the fact that he (as far as we can tell) couldn't make the Clemson starting line up last year. I'm not sure if he wasn't a starter because of talent or a potential issue with the coaches or both.

We do have many receivers on the roster and most assume at a minimum that Nick Williams, Phillips, Smith and Davis have the talent to have a great impact on this season.

Rest assured that if McNeal goes to Louisville (of all places) we will find out if losing him was a big loss.

i think people need to realize that not cracking the starting line up at Clemson is more important than the 5 stars he got by some people that probably saw at most 5 minutes of footage out of high school. maybe he'd have started for us, maybe not. i'd still like to have him on the team.

Reaction Score

if you don't specify i'm going to assume the hobby is dogfighting

Reaction Score
i think people need to realize that not cracking the starting line up at Clemson is more important than the 5 stars he got by some people that probably saw at most 5 minutes of footage out of high school. maybe he'd have started for us, maybe not. i'd still like to have him on the team.

He started at Clemson as a true frosh. He got beat out last year by the best frosh WR in the country.

Reaction Score
He started at Clemson as a true frosh. He got beat out last year by the best frosh WR in the country.

4*Difton started for UCONN as a true Frosh.

The best receiver we have had was a walk-on. Ironically he couldn't get playing time while Difton played. Sometimes even coaches get caught awarding stars.

I very much hope we get McNeal.

Reaction Score
4*Difton started for UCONN as a true Frosh.
The best receiver we have had was a walk-on

I very much hope we get McNeal.

Yes. I said his having started at Clemson was absolute, definitive proof that he was therefore better than any WR we had other than Michael Smith.

How about trying to sound smart? Absent further evidence, if NcNeal joins us he will be one of two WRs we have who have earned their way into a college starting lineup. That is evidence towards him being a material part of the puzzle. Everything else is hot air. Certainly saying because Difton failed he will is stupid hot air because there is no cause and effect in your statement.

Reaction Score
Yes. I said his having started at Clemson was absolute, definitive proof that he was therefore better than any WR we had other than Michael Smith.

How about trying to sound smart? Absent further evidence, if NcNeal joins us he will be one of two WRs we have who have earned their way into a college starting lineup. That is evidence towards him being a material part of the puzzle. Everything else is hot air. Certainly saying because Difton failed he will is stupid hot air because there is no cause and effect in your statement.

My point was that just because someone starts as a freshmen ...........ah nevermind.

Reaction Score
At the risk of joining this particular fray and with a disclaimer that I believe this kid will contribute a lot to UConn ..............

he started 3 games as a true frosh. He was not the starter for all of their games.

Here's hoping he starts 26 games for UConn and puts up great stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom