Bryce Hopkins should be BE Player of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bryce Hopkins should be BE Player of the Year

Reaction Score
When does the voting start? There’s a lot of basketball between now and MM. I think who has the best Big East Tournament wins it.
It's picked the day after the regular season ends, but you're correct that there's still a lot of time to make a final decision

Reaction Score
It's picked the day after the regular season ends, but you're correct that there's still a lot of time to make a final decision
I hope Hopkins gets it. He deserves it. Though I have my doubts about his making a splash in the NBA.

Reaction Score
When does the voting start? There’s a lot of basketball between now and MM. I think who has the best Big East Tournament wins it.

It already did, your the 25th vote.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Okay, Hopkins is Big East Player of the Year. Give him the trophy now. HUSKIES...go get that W tonight at Gampel!

Reaction Score
No homerism. Providence was supposed to be an island of misfit toys with no clear direction. 16 & 9 with nearly 40% from 3P. I think he's the clear BE player of the year.
Definitely in the mix but not clear “quite yet”.

Reaction Score
What the hell does that mean it was sarcasm. You were the 25th post of the thread.
I understood your meaning in the post, and thank you, but for a guy that I deem is intelligent and on the ball with respect to Husky athletics I was surprised with the grammatical error in your original post. Maybe I should’ve pm’d you, sorry. Your reply that I replied to here in this post might be a clue.

Reaction Score
How do you figure? They're going to win the Big East, top 10 in the country, he's #2 in the country in assists, 3.5/1 assist to turnover ratio, averages 14 ppg, shoots a high percentage, 4 rebounds per game and nearly 2 steals per game.
And I highly doubt they will lose any of their last 3 games as they are home vs St. John's and DePaul and at Butler. I know anything can happen, but I think Marquette takes all 3 for the BE regular season crown. That should just about seal BEPOY for Kolek.

Reaction Score
How do you figure? They're going to win the Big East, top 10 in the country, he's #2 in the country in assists, 3.5/1 assist to turnover ratio, averages 14 ppg, shoots a high percentage, 4 rebounds per game and nearly 2 steals per game.
Because in conference Hopkins is 1st in ppg and 2nd in reb. Providence is second in the league with 4 games to go too. I think “Locked up” is a bit of an overreaction.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I think both guards at Marquette- Tyler Kolkata and Kameron Jones have been very good for their team and Kolek is a jack of all trades. However not sure if either one on their own is POY
Not convinced on Hopkins but he is the top 3-5. If Devin Carter was consistent from the start he would be in the conversation. Love his game.
Bourn is a top candidate as is Kalkbrenner, Kaluma, Hawkins and Sanogo.
I’m voting Hawk;)
It will be close
If Devin Carter was consistent from the start he would be in the conversation. Love his game.
carter was all sec freshmen team last season. he's just always all up in it on the floor. a league leader in shots blocked as a 6'3' guard. catlike instincts. 'nuff said.

getting near the finish line.
danny had four transfer chances. the post season league 'how'd each transfer do?' video game not looking so hot for 'mr recruiter.'
transfers are recruits, too.
inarguable.

of course mr hopkins the transfer is a star. we discussed this long ago.
i have grand concerns that mr souley could go all kemba at tourney time.
i mean, the guy does have 'soul' right there in his name. boom! too.
stats!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i just realized that most of the leading players this season are transfers.
lets review. last season the league ended with a grand total of one draft pick.
and this season, a flock of transfers jumped in, and are torching it.
stats!

transfers are recruits, too. cook has a pretty good individual season going on. saw him make a handle breakdown to the rim move, from deep, recently. what if he's able to do that more? idk, but it
blew my mind. (insert jokes here -'blew my mind.' lol.)

Reaction Score
Tonight's result means it's Kolek 9th preseason to winning the league by 2 games it goes to that teams best player unless there was someone averaging 25 and no ones close

Reaction Score
If Devin Carter was consistent from the start he would be in the conversation. Love his game.
carter was all sec freshmen team last season. he's just always all up in it on the floor. a league leader in shots blocked as a 6'3' guard. catlike instincts. 'nuff said.

getting near the finish line.
danny had four transfer chances. the post season league 'how'd each transfer do?' video game not looking so hot for 'mr recruiter.'
transfers are recruits, too.
inarguable.

of course mr hopkins the transfer is a star. we discussed this long ago.
i have grand concerns that mr souley could go all kemba at tourney time.
i mean, the guy does have 'soul' right there in his name. boom! too.
stats!
Huh?

Reaction Score
The person most happy about last night outside of the UConn fan base?

Tyler Kolek, the 2022-2023 BE POY

Reaction Score
22 points and 14 assists for Kolek tonight, as Marquette locked up at least a share of the BE regular season title. They'll have 2 tries to win it @ Butler and at home vs. St Johns

DePaul helped him a lot today, sent him to the FT line 3 times in the final minute because they decided to trade 2's while down 2 possessions every single time. I don't think they took 1 three in the final minute while trying to finish the comeback

Tyler Kolek: 2022-2023 BE POY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom