Bryant Shirreffs was a Warrior Saturday. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bryant Shirreffs was a Warrior Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously, this board pisses me off sometimes.

How many hours after a warriors reference and I have to be the one to dig up this picture?

No references to Kellen Winslow Jr's rant at the U?

No Scandal "Warriors" You Tube video?

Not even a lay up for referencing GS Warriors and Steph Curry?

View attachment 11534
Chin for your viewing entertainment

Reaction Score
Seriously, this board pisses me off sometimes.

How many hours after a warriors reference and I have to be the one to dig up this picture?

No references to Kellen Winslow Jr's rant at the U?

No Scandal "Warriors" You Tube video?

Not even a lay up for referencing GS Warriors and Steph Curry?

View attachment 11534

One of my all time favorites. Actually saw it in a movie theater. Creepy tone when this guy said the best line in the movie.

200_s.gif

Reaction Score
I'd probably save the "warrior" label for our military men and woman get their asses shot off in AFG and other schit holes around the world. But, "Tough SOB" fits.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'd probably save the "warrior" label for our military men and woman get their asses shot off in AFG and other schit holes around the world. But, "Tough SOB" fits.

No warrior or tough guy. Carl is the only real tough guy around here.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I led a 3 hour training program at my office at 8 am after drinking the previous night til 4 am and spending the 15 minutes prior to the training dry heaving in the bathroom. Nailed it and nobody was the wiser.

Basically was my flu game.

Suck it, Jordan.
Perhaps the participants were just as hung over (nay, drunk) as you?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The word warrior gets thrown around a lot, and especially coming from you it's not really - well whatever. He's a college football player, and not a soldier. Nobody needs to know that he played with a broken bone to know that the kid has the toughness to play the position he plays, if they've been watching this team through the season. People questioning whether or not he's got the goods to play the position, don't know what they're looking at.

He wasn't the first football player at UCONN, or the first quarterback at UCONN, to break a bone and keep playing in a game, and he won't be the last.

I'll be more impressed if the next time he's got a receiver in stride, open down the hashes for a TD, that he lays the ball out there for the receiver to run under and catch it.

Dealing with pain, and overcoming - is part of the game, and why I don't think that little kids really should play football. It's a grown up sport.
^^^^^^
jackass.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What, we're already on page 2 and nobody's dropped the "millennials" bomb yet? Boneyard, I am disappoint.

Reaction Score
If there is one thing I hate in this world more than rodents, it's leaks.

There are only a few people who read that line and can understand what that means and why I write it, and Nostical is not one.

On a more related note, there is nothing more annoying to coaches trying to accomplish something at a scholastic athletic level, than meddling parents. It starts at grade school athletics, and by the time you get to division 1 college athletics, the parents are out of the equation, because their kids are adults and phone calls, letters and now the shield that emails and nastygrams provide, mske it easy to say things to coaches and administrators -thst might be difficult face to face, and those things in college don't mean the same as they did in grammar school and high school.

So they look elsewhere for info and places to let loose, snd there is this thing called the internet these days and fan message boards. The only thing worse is the actual internet parent complainer, is thr internet player family groupie complainer.

I mean it that there should be a tag somehow on posters that are player family on this website. I was clear earlier ehen I notedcmy responses in this discussion had more to do with the poster, than the subject.

That noted, I make it habit to write things I'm vomfortsble saying to anyone face to face and there is nothing in this thread I would retract, and nothing I'd be uncomfortable saying to anyone face to face.

Season is on the book, and its good that the QB broke his wrist in the last game and not the first, because we'd be nowhere without him

Have a nice day and a happy new year. I've got a couple more days to enjoy some home time, and I'm going to do exactly that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think we're all somewhat intelligent people that can distinguish that when Nostical calls a player a warrior he isn't comparing a football injury during a game to live combat. The whole, the "real heroes/warrior" crowd is tiresome. We all get it.

As for Spackler, be a bigger hardo, you cant.

Reaction Score
Gotta love how Dez takes a shot at Sherrifs stating that Thomas was open for most of his rout.

Reaction Score
I agree that Shirreffs played admirably through the injury against Marshall, but after a redshirt year shouldn't we be looking at Tyler Davis to be the QB for 2016? Kid is huge and looks to have the physical tools to be a solid pro-style QB. I think with the offensive line a year older with some more time to clock it could be TDavis time for the huskies. Shirreffs helped us get bowl eligible this year and that was a valiant feat, but for us to take the next step we need a quarterback that can lead us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom