Bryant Butthurt they’re not part of historic non conference run | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bryant Butthurt they’re not part of historic non conference run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I am UNH, I am using this as Bulletin board material.

Beat them head to head. Then both coaches can say that's why we played each other

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The strangest part of this attack is ruining any future chance of UConn scheduling Bryant while that dude is coaching there. Congrats bud, I’m sure your AD is thrilled.

Reaction Score
Read between the lines: "UConn won't play us" (Translation: "Wah!!! We want that game payout! :( )

Reaction Score
Even when daddy gets you into the industry way earlier than you ever would have on your own, it’s important to find something to cry about
There could be a whole thread on nepotism in college sports, and you could start with the guys who never played the game in college , but somehow in their mid 20s are assistants at major
Programs but I guess Talik brown doesn’t have the resume to get a fulll asst job

Reaction Score
I would so much rather play local public schools than a low major private school like Bryant, Sacred Heart, etc. The only lower-level private schools I'd like to play early season are Holy Cross and the Ivies, particularly Harvard and Yale. I'd be happy opening every season at XL against CCSU and playing UVM, UNH, Maine, Delaware, Stony Brook, Albany, Buffalo, Binghamton, etc.

Reaction Score
I would've thought Bryant was the geographic closest D1 school, but looks like they're tied for 3rd with Providence after CCSU and Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
There could be a whole thread on nepotism in college sports, and you could start with the guys who never played the game in college , but somehow in their mid 20s are assistants at major
Programs but I guess Talik brown doesn’t have the resume to get a fulll asst job

We might not want to open this can of worms considering 2/3 of our assistants didn't play in college.

Nepotism is obviously a real thing but 1) we've benefitted from it, and 2) I'm not convinced that being a college player really makes someone a better coach.

Reaction Score
I think people are making far too much of this. I don't think it was a shot at UConn. I think it's a D1 coach trying to explain (justifying?, rationalizing?) why they were playing a D3 school. It's "Well, we wanted to play UConn but it fell through so we were left scheduling a D3 school instead."

Reaction Score
I think people are making far too much of this. I don't think it was a shot at UConn. I think it's a D1 coach trying to explain (justifying?, rationalizing?) why they were playing a D3 school. It's "Well, we wanted to play UConn but it fell through so we were left scheduling a D3 school instead."
That’s all what it was. Bryant is aggressively tying to move up in the sports world and they’ve done pretty well with it. Martelli Jr. was trying to defend playing a D3 game to a reporter that had issue with it. As we all know around here, Bryant aims high for recruits and plays big basketball schools whenever possible. I don’t find any pleasure in playing them over UNH or anyone else, but there will be years that they provide the best challenge. They beat #10 FAU this year and beat Cuse last year. I prefer that to guaranteed 40-50 point wins.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It didn't sound like that. It sounded like we wanted to play Connecticut, but they wouldn't play us because Bryant is improving.

If I was Hurley, I wouldn't schedule them again. Playing Bryant really doesn't help us and it's not like we have any affiliation to that school. As others have said before I'd rather play Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom