Bruins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bruins

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Blues set the tone from the first minute. I can't decide if the wrap around goal was soft or not. I recall that Tuukka has a knack for stopping those, but it wasn't the goal that put me on edge. It was how St. Louis protected their defensive zone.

They were the tougher team. Couple that with Chara's injury and it knocked one of the B's legs out. He's not as mobile as he was even two seasons ago, but he is a fresh body and prevents any other defenseman, let alone Moore, from pulling double shifts every three minutes. All the Blues had to do was lean. Honestly, it reminded me of game 2, after Sundquist gave Grzelcyk a concussion. It went to overtime, but the Blues were carrying the action. Moore can replace Grz. I don't know what combo can replace both Grzelcyk and Chara. I don't Connor Clifton had a very good game either.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The Bruins had benedfited from the refs calling a by the book series up until last night when the refs decided they’d let em play, which is obviously an advantage for the more physical Blues.

I’m fine with either, I just wish the refs would be consistent.

Agree. My guess is that the Bruins will get a fair number of powerplays on their home ice. This might have to be a game that Binnington must win for the Blues. My gut feeling is that the Bruins will carry most of the play and outpace the shot tracker, particularly early on. And if the Bruins get a few powerplays, they usually generate some excellent scoring chances with the man advantage.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Exactly the game I thought it was going to be and the Blues came through. Binnington was sharp and the Blues played a very experienced, tough road game...particularly in the first two periods. Now with a chance to hoist the Cup at home, I'd expect a MUCH better game from the Blues.

If the Bruins are going to tie and get the series back to Boston, it is now Rask's turn to steal a game. The Bruins are a resilient lot and they've been in this spot before in this postseason and came through. Toronto is a much different team than St Louis though; lot more grit and physicality from the Blues. No question the Bruins will use the perceived "bad no call" as motivation and a rallying point in us vs the world Game 6 mentality. It'll be important for the Blues to come firing and try to get the early lead so they can settle in to what they do best: play a tough, unrelenting physical game and hit everything in black, white and gold.

Ironically, I think the Blues are a better road team than home team so I do think the Bruins have a chance to steal game 6. Can't wait for Sunday!

Husky25

Reaction Score
This might be the only time in the last 30 years where I like the two day break. I wouldn't be able to watch a Saturday game in the Central New York wilderness.

Reaction Score
Exactly the game I thought it was going to be and the Blues came through. Binnington was sharp and the Blues played a very experienced, tough road game...particularly in the first two periods. Now with a chance to hoist the Cup at home, I'd expect a MUCH better game from the Blues.

If the Bruins are going to tie and get the series back to Boston, it is now Rask's turn to steal a game. The Bruins are a resilient lot and they've been in this spot before in this postseason and came through. Toronto is a much different team than St Louis though; lot more grit and physicality from the Blues. No question the Bruins will use the perceived "bad no call" as motivation and a rallying point in us vs the world Game 6 mentality. It'll be important for the Blues to come firing and try to get the early lead so they can settle in to what they do best: play a tough, unrelenting physical game and hit everything in black, white and gold.

Ironically, I think the Blues are a better road team than home team so I do think the Bruins have a chance to steal game 6. Can't wait for Sunday!
Past Cups has been very quiet, I expect a big game soon.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Past Cups has been very quiet, I expect a big game soon.

Definitely. Past Cups will come out flying on Sunday!

Reaction Score
Bruins still win in 7. The NHL wanted the Blues to win game 6 to increase viewership. Bruins win game 5 ratings the rest of the series decrease.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Bruins played a near flawless game exactly when they had to. Last hockey game of the season coming up on Wednesday. I was happy about the break between games 5 and 6 so I could watch last night, but hockey (and basketball, for that matter) reaching into mid June is brutal.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Was worried heading into the game that the Blues would feel pressure to play entertaining hockey at home and not play as much to their strengths. Passed up tons of good scoring chances to try to make pretty passes much like the Bruins did in game 5. With these two teams, it's almost as if the road team holds a slight advantage because they can play the style of hockey that they both play best: mucking, grinding, physical blue collar hockey and just get pucks to the net. The Bruins second goal was a perfect illustration of that - bouncing puck found a pocket under Binnington's blocker and in the back of the net. And in this time of year when the ice isn't as good, bouncing pucks are all over the ice.

One thing I'm thankful for is that all 3 Bruins wins have been by scores big enough that I can safely turn the channel and pout without fear of missing out on a Blues comeback. Bitter Whaler fan to this day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom