Brown is killing Providence | The Boneyard

Brown is killing Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2nd time in 3 years, PC may want to consider not renewing that series

Reaction Score
I think there should be some sort of Ivy exchange program. When you just play the local one, they get motivated. They'll circle their calendars and move their midterms around to gear up for it.

Dartmouth or Cornell wouldn't give a crap about playing us. And a Yale might roll over for PC.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think there should be some sort of Ivy exchange program. When you just play the local one, they get motivated. They'll circle their calendars and move their midterms around to gear up for it.

Dartmouth or Cornell wouldn't give a crap about playing us. And a Yale might roll over for PC.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400588346

Unfortunately this happened -- not quite rolling over. Annoying little buggers, these Ivies.

Although I think Yale is probably closer to Harvard than the rest of the league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder if Providence will ever stop being Providence. Follow up great wins over FSU and ND with losses at BCU and to Brown.

Reaction Score
Providence is so trying to copy us.

God, get your own thing already.

Pretty embarassing loss. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. What a letdown. That's a terrible loss for Providence and the Big East...

They have played very poorly the past two games against mediocre competition. what a shame... I had my hopes high on a good Providence team after the wins vs. Fls and ND but losing to BC and Brown killed it

Reaction Score
I wonder if Providence will ever stop being Providence. Follow up great wins over FSU and ND with losses at BCU and to Brown.

FSU is showing itself to be putrid this year. They also have a loss to Northeastern

Reaction Score
Last Saturday, I took a drive to Providence to see Bryant play at Brown. This is part of my never ending pathetic hopeless quest to visit every Division 1 campus. Brown was your typical Ivy league team whipping the ball around looking for the open man. I sat next to Jordan Spieth's uncle who came to see his other nephew play Steven. The younger Spieth is a starting forward for Brown. He was a good ball player who did everything well out there. There must have been less than 200 people in the stands with virtually no students in sight. Brown easily beat Bryant who did not look like the same ball club that gave us a hard time.

What can I say? I love watching college basketball. My wife was visiting a friend in Boston so it was bachelor weekend for me. A stop at Billy Hills Roadhouse on the way up with some brewskies and a philly cheese steak started the evening off in fine fashion.

Next stop : Saturday : Rider Vs. Hartford. I never saw a home game for the Hartford Hawks. My buddy and I will stop off at Sliders before the game for the best wings around.

7 down 338 to go.

Reaction Score
PC/URI is an intriguing game on Wednesday. Local rivalry, no love lost between the coaches, and a pretty even matchup given the funk that PC is in and the uptick in talent at URI.

Reaction Score
hey grt husk: Last winter after some ice storm a buddy of mine who earned his masters in engrg from UHart and has season tickets for the hawk gals invited me and my 92 yr old Dad (WWII combat vet, US Army XVIII Airborne Corps, Sky Flying Dragons, Liberation of Southern France) who is a wheel chair dude. As my bud dropped us off at the back door and then went to park car, I pushed my Dad into arena after great struggle with the ice. The people were so nice there. They were helping me with doors to open and letting me get him in during bad weather ahead of others. Upon entering the arena I was very impressed with the overall layout and capacity. At this point I am on my own so I push the chair to half court and gaze up into the bleachers, wondering where I am going to park. Immediately an official of the college approaches to tell me he has special handicap slots available and leads me to excellent viewing angles under the hoop at the end closest to the doors I entered. Due to me being with Dad, another official brings us popcorn and bottled water and says no charge. Shortly after my friend joined us. The opponent was UMass Lowell and Coach Rizzotto finally got her club to go in the second half and pulled away for victory. It was a nice experience for Dad and he really appreciated the hospitality. He did not even wear his WWII commemorative cap and still got very special treatment. Very impressive

Reaction Score
Pretty embarassing loss. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. What a letdown. That's a terrible loss for Providence and the Big East...

They have played very poorly the past two games against mediocre competition. what a shame... I had my hopes high on a good Providence team after the wins vs. Fls and ND but losing to BC and Brown killed it
Sorry about the loss for your beloved Friars.

If you are ever looking to commiserate with fellow Friar fans you should check out: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323

Reaction Score
eazzeecasdoe: relax; its only a bunch of geyeze in short pants randomly running to and fro. Yo need soup campbell sub II, ernie d, marvellin, et al to make reel noise

get some playas

UCONN cant dooze it all

Reaction Score
hey grt husk: Last winter after some ice storm a buddy of mine who earned his masters in engrg from UHart and has season tickets for the hawk gals invited me and my 92 yr old Dad (WWII combat vet, US Army XVIII Airborne Corps, Sky Flying Dragons, Liberation of Southern France) who is a wheel chair dude. As my bud dropped us off at the back door and then went to park car, I pushed my Dad into arena after great struggle with the ice. The people were so nice there. They were helping me with doors to open and letting me get him in during bad weather ahead of others. Upon entering the arena I was very impressed with the overall layout and capacity. At this point I am on my own so I push the chair to half court and gaze up into the bleachers, wondering where I am going to park. Immediately an official of the college approaches to tell me he has special handicap slots available and leads me to excellent viewing angles under the hoop at the end closest to the doors I entered. Due to me being with Dad, another official brings us popcorn and bottled water and says no charge. Shortly after my friend joined us. The opponent was UMass Lowell and Coach Rizzotto finally got her club to go in the second half and pulled away for victory. It was a nice experience for Dad and he really appreciated the hospitality. He did not even wear his WWII commemorative cap and still got very special treatment. Very impressive

A great story!

One of the cool things I am finding on my journey is that you meet some nice and incredible people.

My Dad passed away 5 years ago but was a WWII vet. Give my thanks to your Dad for his service.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

GREAT story and thank your father for his service - my father also was a WWII vet
I have a legit question - did you write this or did someone write it for you??? I can actually read it one time and comprehend!!!
Usually it takes me 3 or 4 times before I get your story!!

Reaction Score
Sorry about the loss for your beloved Friars.

If you are ever looking to commiserate with fellow Friar fans you should check out: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323

relax bro. Is it not clear that I like Big East basketball and want the league to do great? As long as the northeast has great teams I'm happy (except for cuse). obviously i have a stronger allegiance to Stony Brook and Connecticut so this weekend im rooting for SBU to demolish Providence (i can dream right? lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom