Brooklyn Nets. Thing of Beauty | The Boneyard

Brooklyn Nets. Thing of Beauty

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For NY Basketball fans who are starved to see good basketball, Durant, Irving and the rest of the team do not disappoint. Durant in particular plays the game so beautifully (so happy he seems to be back from the Archilles tear) and Kyrie when his head is on straight is a true crunch time killer. When they figure out the defensive side of the ball. just pencil them into the finals.

Reaction Score
For NY Basketball fans who are starved to see good basketball, Durant, Irving and the rest of the team do not disappoint. Durant in particular plays the game so beautifully (so happy he seems to be back from the Archilles tear) and Kyrie when his head is on straight is a true crunch time killer. When they figure out the defensive side of the ball. just pencil them into the finals.
the Knicks have a better record

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
the Knicks have a better record
Forgot I posted that.

Still love Durant but kyrie has no filter and can be super hot and super cold. Also the defense is pathetic sofar. Not buying the knicks yet

Reaction Score
I'm bummed when watching the Nets cuz I love Durant's game and have always enjoyed watching him but my schadenfreude regarding Kyrie now makes me unable to enjoy. And Kyrie is such a scintillating athlete to watch that's it is also not fun rooting against him because of his fatal flaw (his head).
Maybe root for a good regular season & crash & burn in playoffs?
Or root for them to score a zillion points only to give up a zillion and 1 (i.e. most recent game pretty ideal, 123-122 loss: Durant efficient 28pts, Kyrie 30pts but combine for 11 turnovers =Wizards +20 shots?

Reaction Score
I think you're really saying watching a fully healthy offensive superstar like Kevin Durant is the thing of beauty.

Watching Celtic/Laker games in the Bird/Magic era was a lot more beautiful, even though Durant might be a better scorer than anyone from that era.

Reaction Score
I think you're really saying watching a fully healthy offensive superstar like Kevin Durant is the thing of beauty.

Watching Celtic/Laker games in the Bird/Magic era was a lot more beautiful, even though Durant might be a better scorer than anyone from that era.
Yes definitely on Durant.
Kyrie is also fun to watch, almost like a globetrotters or And1 sideshow.

One of the things that made the 80's ball great is how unselfish team passing transcended individual athleticism. Now its often more a combo as say LeBron makes an incredibly athletic move and fires a cross-court pinpoint pass right into a shooter's pocket. The athletes are better now, and the passing of 2016 San Antonio or peak GState is as good as the Celtics, just not quite as thrilling b/c often leads to an open 3 instead of a dunk.
Denver is probably the most fun current team to watch as you get the individual shot-making of Murray combined with a ball movement team and the passing wizardry of the Joker.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It did not take long for Kyrie to start chipping away at the foundations of another team he is on. I predict after he finishes his paid Spa Days (weeks, months??), he puts a cherry on top by testing positive and maybe takes a few other players with him.

Reaction Score
It did not take long for Kyrie to start chipping away at the foundations of another team he is on. I predict after he finishes his paid Spa Days (weeks, months??), he puts a cherry on top by testing positive and maybe takes a few other players with him.
Kyrie is such a conundrum. I heard a NJ reporter this weekend give an unverified report that Kyrie was skipping the games in protest over the riots.
A. First & foremost I admire if true, I didn't think the NBA should have played that night. The league has missed a bunch of chances to make a bigger stand/story
B. It is not as effective of a protest as possible if he doesn't tell people that's why he's missing games
C. So it seems the report is almost like a trial balloon, Kyrie seeing if that silent protester angle has legs
D. Both missing the games and not saying why calls more attention to him, when he's always complaining about too much scrutiny.
E. His essential problem is that he's on a team, but he always puts himself ahead of the team that eats away at the team concept on a number of levels.

Reaction Score
Once you realize that the guy is a selfish it's not such a conundrum.
Yeah, that's my 'E'. no doubt his major problem is selfishness. Sometimes it is thoughtful selfishness, sometimes it is random selfishness, occasionally even justifiable selfishness, regardless that is the primary way to understand his behavior.

Reaction Score
So now it turns out Kyrie attended a party, the 'protest' rumor was even worse than I suspected and likely a fake cover that he threw out. The hits the fan earlier and earlier with him. Durant made his bed & now has to deal with it.
I'm still surprised Steve Nash took this job, this has to be his worst case scenario, will be interesting to see if he was prepared for it and what he does next. Doing nothing just ensures it'll happen again and most likely at the most inopportune time.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is an all time as-good-as-it-gets great talent and I dont think a bad guy but he is also an all time bad leader, selfish and prima donna who does not make his teams better.

Celtics were actually better on the floor the year he got hurt and Terry Rozier took over at point. That is all you need to know.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kyrie is an all time as-good-as-it-gets great talent and I dont think a bad guy but he is also an all time bad leader, selfish and prima donna who does not make his teams better.

Celtics were actually better on the floor the year he got hurt and Terry Rozier took over at point. That is all you need to know.

Worse than selfish, he is daring the team to do anything because he thinks Durant will back him if the team tries to discipline him so the team is being blackmailed. Unless Durant openly says that Kyrie should come back and be all in with the team or take an unpaid leave of absence he will continue to laugh at everyone and everything

Him and Harden should just find a blacktop court and play 1-1 for the rest of their lives and leave us alone.

Reaction Score
Worse than selfish, he is daring the team to do anything because he thinks Durant will back him if the team tries to discipline him so the team is being blackmailed. Unless Durant openly says that Kyrie should come back and be all in with the team or take an unpaid leave of absence he will continue to laugh at everyone and everything

Him and Harden should just find a blacktop court and play 1-1 for the rest of their lives and leave us alone.
Looks like Harden is getting his wish & trade to Sixers imminent. It'd be much funnier though if the Nets swoop in and trade Kyrie for the Dribbler.

The Embid - Simmons pairing definitely never worked (both better inside) and needs to be broken up. I would have traded Embid as he'd fetch more, greater injury risk and simply doesn't play as hard as Ben Simmons does. And I kind of hate BSimmons game.

As a Celtics fan I'm less scared of a Simmons/Embid Sixers team vs a Harden/Embid Sixers team. The floor is much higher on the latter, but the ceiling lower in the immediate term and obviously in the long term.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looks like Harden is getting his wish & trade to Sixers imminent. It'd be much funnier though if the Nets swoop in and trade Kyrie for the Dribbler.

The Embid - Simmons pairing definitely never worked (both better inside) and needs to be broken up. I would have traded Embid as he'd fetch more, greater injury risk and simply doesn't play as hard as Ben Simmons does. And I kind of hate BSimmons game.

As a Celtics fan I'm less scared of a Simmons/Embid Sixers team vs a Harden/Embid Sixers team. The floor is much higher on the latter, but the ceiling lower in the immediate term and obviously in the long term.

It seems the Nets are also in the hunt. If Kyrie and Harden are on my Nets, I will manually remove the YES network telecasts

Reaction Score
Houston might trade with the Nets out of spite to prevent Morey from re-acquiring Harden, but they cannot just take Lavert and a variety pack. Given age/upside Simmons is an equal star to Harden, you have to trade a superstar for a superstar in the NBA. Have to.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, the Nets pulled the trigger. Lose Levert and Jarett Allen and a boat load of unprotected 1st rounders. They are a very talented train wreck.

Reaction Score
Harden, Irving and Durant on the same team, I feel bad for the Nets' coach.

One guy who plays when he feels like it, another who didn't like his team so he left them high and dry. I feel sorry for Nash and Durant, the only true pro of the 3 players. It's the NBA at its finest now, a joke!

Reaction Score
One guy who plays when he feels like it, another who didn't like his team so he left them high and dry. I feel sorry for Nash and Durant, the only true pro of the 3 players. It's the NBA at its finest now, a joke!

Nash is going to earn his pay (he will need a degree in psychology). Two egomaniac prima donnas in Harden and Irving and a surly Durant....all scorers trying to play with one ball.

Good luck.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was thinking Nash was already doomed because Kyrie has been so verbal with his displeasure of Nash's hire. Now Nash doesn't have to coddle him, he can win without him. Maybe Harden and KD can get Kyrie on board and they get something going. He listened to LeBron. Maybe he'll be chagrined now that he's be caught in a huge lie and the team ignored his feelings about Harden.

Reaction Score
The problem for Nash is it only takes one guy not listening to destroy team chemistry & he's got two. I think they can figure out sharing the ball (lots of fast breaks) and all average 25+ ppg. But I don't see Nash convincing either Kyrie or Harden to play defense. And both Harden & Kyrie have legacies of quitting on teams when things go sideways in the playoffs - it should be entertaining.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was thinking Nash was already doomed because Kyrie has been so verbal with his displeasure of Nash's hire. Now Nash doesn't have to coddle him, he can win without him. Maybe Harden and KD can get Kyrie on board and they get something going. He listened to LeBron. Maybe he'll be chagrined now that he's be caught in a huge lie and the team ignored his feelings about Harden.
I am actually encouraged about how motivated Durant and Harden are and that they will keep Irving in line. If Kyrie starts pouting or playing selfish ball, they will just stick him on the bench and actually encourage him to take more Kyrie spa days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom