Bronny James enter the transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bronny James enter the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Octogenarian pranked by dumb April 1st post and most outlets run with it. Sad.

Reaction Score
You can always tell the Lebron fanboys from the rest. Surprised it took that long for the hate word to come out, smh. The kid isn’t great and not everyone has to gush/root for him no matter how you want to spin it.
Yeah I am a LeBron fan, lol. Keep being a weird hater, real good look.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
There are too many people who weirdly hate LeBron for no reason, so they have to hate his son, too, a kid who has done nothing wrong and also had a heart attack a few months ago.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he comes to UConn he comes to UConn
If he goes to another school he goes to another school
I for one don't care. The staff will decide if he is a fit into their system - Not some couch coaching BYers like myself.
Having a LeBron James connection is both good and could be very bad - the guy just doesn't know when to positively contribute verbally or when not talk at all.
I am not a LeBron James fan at all but I have nothing against his son.
Being the UConn MBB talent guru, would love to hear Kimani's take on Bronny

Reaction Score
If he comes to UConn he comes to UConn
If he goes to another school he goes to another school
I for one don't care. The staff will decide if he is a fit into their system - Not some couch coaching BYers like myself.
Having a LeBron James connection is both good and could be very bad - the guy just doesn't know when to positively contribute verbally or when not talk at all.
I am not a LeBron James fan at all but I have nothing against his son.
Being the UConn MBB talent guru, would love to hear Kimani's take on Bronny
It’s fine if you’re not a LeBron fan, but his connection would yield 100x more good than bad.

Reaction Score
Taking on LeBron James' son would mean bringing on LeBron James into the locker room.

Dan Hurley doesn't need more help connecting with his players.

Hard Pass.

Reaction Score
His biggest knock as a player this year is he’s too unselfish, sign me up. A defensive ace is the floor.

Reaction Score
I'd take him as a rotation piece, but I'd be stunned if he left southern California. It'd take some serious maturity on his part to move far away from his family. He'll probably just go to UCLA lol.

Reaction Score
I'd take him as a rotation piece, but I'd be stunned if he left southern California. It'd take some serious maturity on his part to move far away from his family. He'll probably just go to UCLA lol.
Maybe that genuinely what he and his family are looking for. Could be a way to branch out and not have all the distractions, focus fully on himself and his development.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There are too many people who weirdly hate LeBron for no reason, so they have to hate his son, too, a kid who has done nothing wrong and also had a heart attack a few months ago.
Nobody hates Bronny. Get off your high horse. We're discussing his ability as a basketball player, and the drama that comes with Lebron leaning over his shoulder.

Reaction Score
From a straight basketball standpoint, he has some nice things going and will probably do a solid job at some mid-major. If he wants to come to a school like UConn he's going to need to accept being on the bench for 2-3 years. If he's okay with that, I'd be happy to recruit him.

In terms of PR? Yeah everyone in the country should offer him. He honestly seems to be incredibly mature and focused despite the media hype. He could actually be really good for the culture, which I wouldn't say is true of 99% of kids with this kind of hype.

Reaction Score
Outside of the kid as a player, which I still think he has very good potential, imagine the recruiting draw of LeBron on the sidelines of our games at MSG or at home? Turning that down would be idiotic.

Reaction Score
Seems like one of those Cam Spencer, no-drama, no-social media, team-first guys.
Not commenting on his BB skills/fit, but it’s hard to imagine he is a UConn fit. According to On3 NIL he is the top Nil earner and has huge social media presence

1. Bronny James – $5.9 million​

School: USC
Position: Point Guard
Followers: 13.5 million

Reaction Score
Not commenting on his BB skills/fit, but it’s hard to imagine he is a UConn fit. According to On3 NIL he is the top Nil earner and has huge social media presence

That’s not what we would pay him, that’s what he is estimated to have earned based on sponsorship, etc.

Reaction Score
I think his maturity would fit our culture and system. he plays unselfish team ball, he has a good shot and good length along with his dads athletic ability. If he did come to UConn i would be curious what role he would carve for himself.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Nobody hates Bronny. Get off your high horse. We're discussing his ability as a basketball player, and the drama that comes with Lebron leaning over his shoulder.
Drama, right.

Reaction Score

We would not pay him that. Those deals would be happening wherever he went to school. If anything, associating with Bronny will probably help the players on him team get bigger national NIL deals just by osmosis.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think someone already said it, but I'd leave this to DH.

There will be drama. Maybe/probably not caused directly by LBJ, but by the media. Ooh, is there a LeBron/Bill Murray feud brewing?

I will say this, if there is a year to do such a thing, this would be that year.

Reaction Score
Sign me up. I don't care what his name is, who is Father is, what he can or cannot make from NIL. This kid is a dawg on the defensive side of the ball. He's got 3 years of eligibility remaining and he has skills. I'll take him on my team any day.

Reaction Score
I think an A10 level is where he fits. Most things I’ve seen on him say things like he wouldn’t be at USC if he wasn’t LeBron’s kid. The couple of times I saw USC play the play by play guys talked like he was Newton, but he saw time more like Diarra, but played more like Ball. He was a backup on a 15-18 team. Doubtful he would even get off the bench for us unless we are looking to replace Hurley (the son, not the father:D).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom