Bromah question | The Boneyard

Bromah question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did he get immediate eligibility? Is he a 5th year? They said he played 3 years, i assume he red shirted at some point? Sorry for the dumb question. Kromah, I misspelled his name.

U

UCONNfan1

Its a brother who acts like your mother.
Oddly I have one of those lol. Brimah has been eligible for a while. It was Facey who had the eligibility issues. And he was recently cleared.

U

UCONNfan1

Lasan Kromah is a "Graduate Senior" I think it's called. One year eligibility and is a graduate student. He's the one who transferred from GW...

Reaction Score
Lasan Kromah is a "Graduate Senior" I think it's called. One year eligibility and is a graduate student. He's the one who transferred from GW...
Sweet, thats the kid. He seems pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
He graduated from GW. If you graduate with a year left due to redshirting, you can attend grad school somewhere else and play right away.

Reaction Score
They did say Turgeon wanted him to wear the Terps uni too and tried to keep him in Maryland. He's a solid addition, so much more athletic than RJ who was a nice piece last year, a step up big time!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not sounding that crazy any more am i?

He hasn't proven that he deserves to relegate Giffey and Calhoun to the bench. He looks like a good player, but it's too soon to say anything definitive.

Reaction Score
Not sounding that crazy any more am i?
Quoting the same post twice doesn't help your cause.

Guy can do exactly what he did tonight (12-16 minutes 6-8 pts) and help us win. Could also see him playing more and producing more if Boat/Omar have an off night. He's not the second coming though.

I'll admit I was living the RJ realm of grad student productivity.

Reaction Score
I think I'm with the OP, I thought we had a good guard who had to sit out a year, but I saw kromah and Samuels out there so am I just wrong?

Reaction Score
I think I'm with the OP, I thought we had a good guard who had to sit out a year, but I saw kromah and Samuels out there so am I just wrong?

We have Rodney Purvis sitting out a year, who transferred from NC State after one season. Samuel is a freshman - there was some question about his eligibility since the NCAA apparently made him re-take a class this summer, but he got it squared away.

Kromah is a different case. Years ago, the NCAA allowed athletes to use their final year of eligibility at a different school without penalty if they graduated from their first institution and still had eligibility remaining. The idea being that a student-athlete deserves to have a chance to choose his graduate program/degree and not be forced to stay at the same school, if he/she has other educational opportunities. I think they put the caveat in that the graduate degree has to be in a field that your current school doesn't offer, which is kinda bogus.

Reaction Score
Okay thank you it's Purvis I forgot about. I only had the names kromah and Samuels in my head, so seeing them both on the court confused the hell out of me last night. It's like we're holding a damn Guard academy hosted by NBA veteran Kevin Ollie, more than we are a program right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom