Brittney Griner quotes on Swin and Geno | The Boneyard

Brittney Griner quotes on Swin and Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry. Long multiplayer interview. Question and answer start on page 3.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Swin is a good example for any young player to follow. She never stops working and doesn't allow struggles at the offensive end to affect her effort at the defensive end.

Any big news out of Big 12 media day? I assume Baylor and A&M were picked as preseason #s 1 and 2?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm not a big Mulkey fan, but I like her answer, and I like how she delivered it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Texas as #3. Makes sense. I looked at Oklahoma's roster and I think it will struggle this year.

That was an interesting response from Mulkey to say the least. Wow.

"The Big 12 women’s basketball media day was launched when Baylor coach Kim Mulkey delivered a zinger in response to a question about whether she will continue to schedule SEC-bound Texas A&M in the future.

Mulkey said she put a lot of thought into her answer because she knew the question would be asked. She told reporters she would answer the question thoughtfully -- with humor -- and she hopes the media gets her message.

Mulkey then repeated quotes from Texas A&M’s president in which he compared Big 12 affiliation to a value-less marriage that’s over.

"And that stuck with me," she said. "So, basically he's talking about a divorce. And I think I know a little bit about a divorce. And my feeling is this: If a man wants to divorce me and says our relationship has no value to him, and then he asks me if he can sleep with me, the answer is: No!"

Mulkey, by the way, is divorced.

Later, Mulkey said Baylor has played Texas A&M twice a year since 1974. She suggested that Baylor has played A&M more than any other opponent. And now? “We’re not going to play them anymore because they decided playing us was not important to them.”

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Nice response.
Now if she would just stop jumping around so much during the game...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Swin is an American success story. I believe she grew up in a housing project in McKeesport. She became a great basketball player and a great young woman. She has 2 NCAA championships, 3 WNBA championships, 1 World Championship, and 1 Olympic gold medal. She has started her own business and foundation. Washington and Jefferson College awarded her with an honorary degree in Doctorate of Public Service at their commencement ceremonies in May 2011 to honor her charity work, as founder of the Pennsylvania based Cash for Kids charitable organization. So, that is #32, Dr. Swin Cash--athletic, very attractive, and very admirable.

Maya Moore is a great role model. Swin Cash is also a great role model.

images

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Damn, Kim Mulkey going for jugular with that one!

A lot of Texas schools across various sports are trying to boycott A&M in various ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom