BRING IT ON! official UCONN vs UMASS prediction thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BRING IT ON! official UCONN vs UMASS prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My pick is UConn 46 - ESPN Upset Fantasy 12

We are angry with competitive depth on offense. At least 1 defensive TD and a few forced turnovers. Too many weapons. Too much NBE speed.

Reaction Score
UConn 34
UMass 9

PP keeps it simple, UConn controls the ball, the clock, and the field position. A methodical beatdown that will feel like 55-0.

Reaction Score
i'm surprised everybody is expecting such a blow out. i think we'll blow them out too, but it always makes me uncomfortable when everybody agrees on anything. i'm sure forte will predict an OT loss to break up the consensus. i'm worried that with NCSt and Maryland coming up that we'll try not to show too much. i hope sportsart is right and we see the whole playbook early. i'd hate to see the score close at half time. i remember TL's big pass against Duke to Kanuch, i hope we see something like that early from CW

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If we score 2+ TD's between our D and specials I say 37-6.

If all our scoring is done by the offense alone put me down for 24-6 Dogs. Too many unknowns on that side of the ball to predict more.

pj

Reaction Score
41-9 ... a Whitmer interception gives them a field goal; we get 10 points off turnovers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Uconn 42
Umass 13

Uconn scores whenever they want and basically dominates Umess on defense. Umess takes advantage of some Uconn miscues for a TD and a couple of FGs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't see how UMass moves the ball, nevermind scores. I expect 28-0, 31-3 something like that.

Reaction Score
I predict the board will be in meltdown mode Thursday night, and the Fire PP threads will be started. We will win 31-13, but it will only be 14- 6 at the half. We will get up 31-6 before UMass gets a late TD in garbage time.

Reaction Score
i'm surprised everybody is expecting such a blow out. i think we'll blow them out too, but it always makes me uncomfortable when everybody agrees on anything. i'm sure forte will predict an OT loss to break up the consensus. i'm worried that with NCSt and Maryland coming up that we'll try not to show too much. i hope sportsart is right and we see the whole playbook early. i'd hate to see the score close at half time. i remember TL's big pass against Duke to Kanuch, i hope we see something like that early from CW

I think we need to show some things. Any special preparation they have to spend time on is a good thing. Just keep a little bit under your hat.

Reaction Score
Been waiting for Carl but sometimes Carl is kind of shy so I'll say it for him. Let's HANG 60 ON THEM !!
Um, I believe that you're quoting MY tag line, used in multiple threads. That cleared up: Big Dogs 60
Revolutionaries 35 as Coach P clears then bench to give the scrubs game playing time late in the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
49-3. I think our team wants to make a statement. In New England and for their own minds. Would be nice if we can beat them by a margin bigger than when they beat us in our last game against them. UMass won't be a force for a while. We really should schedule more games against them. Need to get a winning record in this series. If we do leave the Big East for the ACC/B1G, think the Big East would invite UMass to take our place?

Reaction Score
UCONN 37 UMASS 10

Whitmer will throw for 3 TDs before coach PP calls off the dogs. Scott will run wild in the wildcat formation. UMASS does not have the athletes to hang with us.

Reaction Score
I think with NC ST and MD next of the schedule I expect to see a more open playbook then we would normally see.

Yeah, I never agreed with the concept of hiding the playbook in early season games. I think reps in live action and giving the opponent something else to practice for trumps the secrecy aspect.

Reaction Score
Us = a lot
Them = a little (unless you count bruises)

Not sure about our offense yet but I expect our D to punish them.

Reaction Score
-Uconn's defense is so sick of hitting their own that they go off on UMass now that the leash is off. It gets real ugly by halftime. Wirth is in the backfield more than their fullback is(exaggeration but it will seem like it).
- The offensive line, now that they don't have the Big East's best defense pushing them around, show's they are better than predicted. Coach DeLeone's move to concentrate on the O-line pays off. The first score will be a pass to a tight end in or near the end zone. The running game puts a couple hundred yards on UMass but it's not all McCombs. There are a couple mistakes here and there but it's the first game and you have to attribute it to jitters. If UMass gets a turn over on our offense it will be their only hi-light of the evening.
- By the fourth quarter the first string defense is warning the back ups that if they give up even 1 point they'll be walking back to Storrs. We see a lot of McEntee in the fourth. He doesn't impress though it should be noted that he's in with the reserves. Late third quarter/early fourth quarter student section starts the chant for "60". By the eight minute mark in the fourth the place is half empty.

Final score: UConn 48 UMass 0

Someone hobbles off the field. Doesn't return. All the die-hard' s hearts sink, the yee-of-little-faith crowd starts predicting the demise of the season. We don't find out till the next day the extent of the injury.

Tempers start to get heated a couple times on the field. It only amounts to some pushing and shoving and a lot of finger pointing.

The kicking game is not that impressive and challenges the key injury for thread time in the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
UConn 34-10. More importantly, let's get folks in their seats 15 minutes before kickoff. Ok, how about 10 minutes? I'll settle for5!

Reaction Score
Just read that Umass is a no huddle spread type offense that gave us fits in the past. Let's get this monkey off our back

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I say fire sale, someone doing a monkey run with their hair on fire.

We will show a different tempo, I need to watch the SNY replay twice figure out what happened when I get home from the rent.

We win, and set the stage for a great season. Points don't matter, the excitement that you see on the field will paint the season.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I predict the board will be in meltdown mode Thursday night, and the Fire PP threads will be started. We will win 31-13, but it will only be 14- 6 at the half. We will get up 31-6 before UMass gets a late TD in garbage time.

I don't think I could have said this any better. Wish I could be unique but I guess I'm just a follower.

Reaction Score
I hate most things from Mass, so please beat them back into the FCS.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Uconn 35 UMass 3.

They are without their starting quarterback and have a number of holes from a team that was average last year in 1-AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom