BRING IT ON! official UCONN vs UMASS prediction thread | The Boneyard

BRING IT ON! official UCONN vs UMASS prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UMASS has held nothing back, they want to play big time football and expect to be New England's team. Well bring it on baby! Because your path goes right through East Hartford and the University of Connecticut Huskies.

Huskies struggle on offense out the gate with the Minutemen stacking the line. Chandler struggles and there is little room to run. Special teams or the defense will set up a score and the defense is solid. Huskies go into the half up 10 - 3.

In the second half Chandler and Smith and Philips find their rythem. Once up by two scores, Don Brown sets the dogs lose. Three INTs in the second half and one goes all the way back. Could be Blidi or Jones. It's then a healthy dose of Lyle to run clock. Chandler is a respectable 18 for 32 for 200 and 2 TDs.

It's all Dogs in the second half. 34 - 13 final.

Bring on the Wolfpack.

Reaction Score
UConn 42 UWishuwereuconn 10. Its close for the first quarter, then superior athletes take over,

Reaction Score
Don't overlook UMass! They have always been a solid 1-aa program......they are not URI, Hofstra, Southern Texas, Liberty, or Fordam. Much better.......heck, they played better against Michigan than UConn did.

All I'm suggesting is UMass won't be a marshmellow like the other teams.......wouldn't be surprised if they end up in the middle of the MAC pack.

UConn better not overlook them! One of their recent grads is a heck of a player for the Giants........anyone ever hear of victor cruz?

UConn win....but not a blowout.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Game lasts for more than a minute, putting UMass at a disadvantage - 42-17 good guys.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
27 uc - 13 um

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
UConn wins 24-11. We get quick 21-0 lead then back off the playbook to disguise passing routes for NC St. The score stays 24-3 till last minute when UMass scores a TD and 2 pt conversion. :)

Reaction Score
It's time!

UConn 40
UMass 17

Sigh count prediction count: 50+
Groundhog Day references: Less than 12
F bombs: More than 15

Reaction Score
Been waiting for Carl but sometimes Carl is kind of shy so I'll say it for him. Let's HANG 60 ON THEM !!

Reaction Score
I think with NC ST and MD next of the schedule I expect to see a more open playbook then we would normally see.

I also expect the starters to play all of the first 3 quarters regardless of the score. Minus the usual blow here and there. Reps are key right out of the gate this year.

I expect both QB's to be keys to the game and think they will have good games. McCummings might give them fits.

I would love to see the first play from scrimmage a deep ball, ala Dan O vs Wake, way back when.

If it is not a blow out or near blow out, whatever that is, we might have trouble with the next 2 weeks. Though, it has been said, that the most improvement comes between week 1 and week 2.

Defense gets flat out nasty and the new UMass QB wishes he was the back up. I don't see UMass scoring without a short field or a TO.

HUSKIES 38 SIXTY SECOND GUYS 3

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with others that we open up a big lead and then pull back on the reigns, play some second stringers, and save some plays for NC St the following week.

I'm going with 31-10 UConn.

It'll be my baby girls first UConn game so I'm hoping it's an easy win as it will be my first non-swear test! However, I've been working on using the "earmuffs" strategy! :D

Reaction Score
Starting QB for UMASS, is he not a true freshman? I think It will be a long day for the UMASS offense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If, during the time that our first (and possibly second) team is on the field, if our defense doesn't resemble the '85 Bears, we may need to lower our expectations for the remainder of the season.

Reaction Score
I don't think we'll cover the 26.5, in part because PP will call off the dogs. But I do see a defensive touchdown in our favor occuring.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
First offensive play from scrimmage- UMass stacks the line-PP dials up a play action pass- Whitmer delivers a BOMB for a TD- stays loose for the rest of the game and SHREDS their D until PP calls off the pummeling. The D clicks and goes nuts in the UMass backfield, score a defensive TD late.

UMass gets lucky and scores a garbage time TD.

Dogs- 49

Boil-n-serve Men-10

I am the eternal optimist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members