Bring back the white dog | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bring back the white dog

Reaction Score
Some rebrandings do not live up to expectations or fit the need. GW, my grad school, did a rebranding too -- totally horrible. The same with the wolf. A total mark miss in my opinion. I would have put the current logo in my avatar if I thought it was 2% worthy. Perhaps we can borrow the NC State wolf pack logo and make this part of our brand. Oh wait...

Reaction Score
This is such a dumb debate, our logo looks nothing like NC State. The logo you dopes are longing for may have been synonymous with UConn but it wasn't a Husky and it was dated. The same people b****** about this are the same people who would've been b****** about UConn changing from the sad looking dog in the 50's/60's or the goofy cartoon dog holding the musket.

Reaction Score
This thread is amusing to me but also not surprising. The new mascot uniform could have a face that looked like the old one as an improvement using the new colors. Going back to an all white Husky ….. no. Sorry "I want my country back" crowd.

Reaction Score
The new logo is cheesy. It doesn’t project flagship university. It’s neither clean nor unique. But, to each his own.
Projects flagship university...
1360003-1.jpg

Reaction Score
To be honest I just want everything associated with AAC gone. So let's go back to the old logo. Then can we kill the football program while we are at it?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The inaccuracy of the first post in this thread regarding our lack of success since the logo change should automatically disqualify this as a legit thread. This has been debated enough. Accept the change and move on!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’ve gone back and forth on this. I was totally team keep new logo. It’s more modern, aggressive. But with Hurley at the helm, going back into the big east, etc it’s clear that the school is all in on becoming a retro-basketball school ala Indiana, which is what we should be. I kind of don’t mind maybe switching back to a form of the happy husky for Big East play. Maybe make it recognizable as the happy husky but with a more modern look? We’ve had 6 different logos in 60 years so it’s not like switching logos is new for us or even that big of a deal.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I re-read your post and now see what you really did there @geordi .

At woulD seem that we have all the evidence we now need. Since the University made the decision to retire the old friendly, white Jonathan as our mascot, all we've had is Pain. It's clear that moving to the new wolf-like Husky has resulted in losinG seasons for at least men's basketball, football, no national championships for women's basketball, and the men's soccer team was a disaster last year. We need to start a movement to return our tried and true mascot back to his rightful place at the head of Husky Nation which obviously will result in a new era of success and many new championships. What say you???

Reaction Score
I wear a shirt with the old Jonathan around Atlanta and just about everyone recognizes it as UConn.

I don’t hate the new Jonathan but people think it’s a local middle or high school logo.

it’s just not iconic (yet)

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I love all the UConn logos. They all have a time and place.

Except for this one, this one is trash.
1577805591593.png

Reaction Score
My Ozzy would like to apply

Attachments

• 224C92F4-8145-453A-BE17-B24C93CEDE21.jpeg
    224C92F4-8145-453A-BE17-B24C93CEDE21.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 12
Reaction Score
That football helmet on page one is bad ass. But to be fair it'd be bad ass if they did it with the new logo too. All I remember from my first year class was the student charter said Jonathan was to be all white with at least one blue eye.

Reaction Score
I like the new Husky. The old Husky looks like some that just got off the train in the big city and is just waiting for someone to come and steal their wallet and luggage. The new one looks like he’s gonna steal some Cuse guys girlfriend and ruin her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom