Brimah's Ankle | The Boneyard

Brimah's Ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Hoping he recovers quickly. Liking those rebounding numbers.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Saw those tweets earlier, hoping nothing too serious.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
speed dial!
139213658852fa518c977bb.jpg

Reaction Score
Couldn't have been much worse than a roll if he was walking under his own power, right? I don't think we should be too worried.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Welp there goes our chance of winning Championship #5

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
the tweet said he had 12 boards... this has to be bull.

Reaction Score
It's the pro am,not much to dissect in numbers..(Didn't Hamilton have close to 50 pts in one game?)here's a write up on AB from Adidas Nation camp...8/14/15
Amida Brimah 6-11 230 C UConn Jr.

Brimah was a bit of a disappointment. He excels in the role of rim protector and made his presence felt in the role. His massive wingspan allows him to patrol the paint and be a force. But his offensive game is severely limited by his lack of good hands. He struggles to make simple catches off teammates entry passes and also has trouble on rebounds as the ball doesn't seem to stick to his hands easily. He's robotic in his post moves and has not put on ideal strength in his 2 plus years in college. While he had some dunks and did show effort, there was more to dissect than appreciate.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sounds like our guy. Just needs to rebound and block and put away some garbage.

Reaction Score
It's the pro am,not much to dissect in numbers..(Didn't Hamilton have close to 50 pts in one game?)here's a write up on AB from Adidas Nation camp...8/14/15
Amida Brimah 6-11 230 C UConn Jr.

Brimah was a bit of a disappointment. He excels in the role of rim protector and made his presence felt in the role. His massive wingspan allows him to patrol the paint and be a force. But his offensive game is severely limited by his lack of good hands. He struggles to make simple catches off teammates entry passes and also has trouble on rebounds as the ball doesn't seem to stick to his hands easily. He's robotic in his post moves and has not put on ideal strength in his 2 plus years in college. While he had some dunks and did show effort, there was more to dissect than appreciate.
Drops easy catches...yup that's him

Reaction Score
I don't understand why people don't like his offense. He has a nice jump hook and hits the 12 foot jump shot quite often. He shot 67% from the field and averaged 9+ points. His offensive game is just very inconsistent which is not uncommon for frosh and sophomores. He also had some problems against the better players. However, he shows every sign of being to elevate his game and become more consistent.

If you're looking for Jabbar, no, he ain't that. But he he looks natural with the ball. He is far more than serviceable on the offensive end. I expect continued improvement from him.

Reaction Score
Agreed - we don't need Amida to average double figures, although there should be plenty of games where he scores 15-20. We need improved rebounding - 4.5 boards per game doesn't cut it, we need rim protection, which is obviously there, and we need less stupid fouls, although there is better frontcourt depth this year to mitigate against that. He had a solid season last year, but at times, was disappointing. I can't imagine he doesn't have a better year this year.

He may not make a Thabeet or Emeka leap, he may just be who he is at this point, but I think we'll see some improvement. Couple that w/expected improvement from Hamilton, Purvis, and the influx of talent - I like where we are headed.

Reaction Score
Not talking bad about Brimah at all, love the kid. But people need to stop citing his raw FG% (it's not just you palatine) and recall how a massive amount of his made FGs came from dunks, very often coming as alley oops. That's going to inflate the numbers.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
His offense can be pretty good. It is receiving the pass that is difficult. He is still learning the game. Love AB

Reaction Score

I like the flex by Brimah after the thunderous Darryl Dawkins like dunk. Nothing beats watching the fan reaction including the disguised Michael Jackson like dancer do a 360 degree spin to show appreciation for the slam. If I were Brimah I would just stand 7-10 feet from a wall 24/7 and throw the ball against the wall as hard as he can alternating the location of where you throw the basketball. Just work on making clean catches every time. The kid is a real hard worker and with constructive guidance this summer he will show noticeable improvement next year. You can already see growth. Still 2 full months until practice.

Reaction Score
Not talking bad about Brimah at all, love the kid. But people need to stop citing his raw FG% (it's not just you palatine) and recall how a massive amount of his made FGs came from dunks, very often coming as alley oops. That's going to inflate the numbers.
ha this is funny. go tell that to deandre jordan. catching lobs off pnrs is a huge skill and asset to an offense. His % would be inflated if he barely did it, but you realize he led the team in 2pt fg makes? his strong rolls to the rim open up weakside shooters.

Reaction Score
So what? You can say that about a lot of bigs. Obviously we can't compare Brimah's FG% to that of a guard but I don't understand how people can hate on his offensive game. Sure he can vastly improve but 9+ ppg at 67% (3rd in D1) is pretty incredible and exactly what we need this year.

Reaction Score
Brimah is impressive in the way many modern nba bigs are (athletic, strong rollers to the rim, and rim protectors...not back to the basket archaic scorers...) his biggest weaknesses are hands and positioning ( he can a better screener too). To notify the masses that his absurd efficiency should be asterisked ... thats a bit disingenuous to what he brings to the table. We score more when he is on the floor because of his rolls to the rim, look at the numbers.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just want him to make his layups and put backs (which means he cleaned the O glass). Be in the right spots and he's good. If he hits some jump hooks now and again, then great.

10-12ppg from Amida is all UCONN needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky