BRIMAH | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BRIMAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are better with Brimah but it definitely would not affect a 2 point loss.

You people can't read - let me try again for those who can't. We did not need Brimah to win these games and anyone that thinks we did is whacked. They were winnable games, we didn't score points pretty simple.

I'm done. I mean you people would like to believe we are missing a freakin 15/12/7 guy not a 7/5/5 guy who plays 20 minutes because he doesn't do enough well to get 30-35 minutes. Hmmmm that's not me that's the coaches. If he was as much of an impact as you guys believe he wouldn't play 20 minutes but hey, we were undefeated when he got hurt right? :rolleyes:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Come on Mau.Just giving you some grief because you you get so intense on this.

. I mean look at the points and tell me the huge difference he would have made without us scoring points?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You people can't read - let me try again for those who can't. We did not need Brimah to win these games and anyone that thinks we did is whacked. They were winnable games, we didn't score points pretty simple.

I'm done. I mean you people would like to believe we are missing a freakin 15/12/7 guy not a 7/5/5 guy who plays 20 minutes because he doesn't do enough well to get 30-35 minutes. Hmmmm that's not me that's the coaches. If he was as much of an impact as you guys believe he wouldn't play 20 minutes but hey, we were undefeated when he got hurt right? :rolleyes:

Well, sure, we didn't NEED Brimah to win those games, but it would've helped for sure. We didn't need AJ Price to beat San Diego, but it would've helped.

Reaction Score
Well, sure, we didn't NEED Brimah to win those games, but it would've helped for sure. We didn't need AJ Price to beat San Diego, but it would've helped.

No we needed AJ Price to win that game, at least I think so. No comparison anyway as the games we lost this year we knew we didn't have AB, gave up 55 and 60 respectively and lost. AJ Price went down during the game and took the wind out of the players sails and they had little time to prepare for that huge loss of their leader.

When he gets back it's big as we have less worry about the 2 foul situation which now is hindering Miller and Facey especially. Depth is huge.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You know what's really screwed up is if someone read everything and somehow came up with people thinking it would help? Not sure where. It will help in the long run getting Facey time and now Phil back into the groove, not in a w's and L's way but it does eventually help.

But you aren't being honest with yourself if you think the 2 losses were because he wasn't out there. I mean look at the points and tell me the huge difference he would have made without us scoring points?
Geez Louise give a rest. The defense relied heavily on having a shot blocker and especially in the Temple game hasn't played well enough without the shot blocker to win. We would have beat Temple with Brimah even if he scored no points but took his average in rebounds and blocked shots.

Reaction Score
Geez Louise give a rest. The defense relied heavily on having a shot blocker and especially in the Temple game hasn't played well enough without the shot blocker to win. We would have beat Temple with Brimah even if he scored no points but took his average in rebounds and blocked shots.

yeah ok Ed gotcha - you need to give that a rest. Temple scored 55 so he would've singlehandedly held them to 45 I'm sure. My bad what was i thinking?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
No we needed AJ Price to win that game, at least I think so. No comparison anyway as the games we lost this year we knew we didn't have AB, gave up 55 and 60 respectively and lost. AJ Price went down during the game and took the wind out of the players sails and they had little time to prepare for that huge loss of their leader.

When he gets back it's big as we have less worry about the 2 foul situation which now is hindering Miller and Facey especially. Depth is huge.

Obviously we could've won without AJ, San Diego hit a shot with under 10 seconds left to take the lead, and it was a tough fadeaway to boot. If that shot doesn't drop, we win. And I don't get how you're saying depth is huge, but Brimah wouldn't have helped? The Tulsa game got out of hand when Miller picked up his 4th foul and we had to bring in Nolan. He got abused a few plays in a row and that was that. Brimah has his flaws, sure, but we're a better team with him out on the floor, and if we didn't get hurt we may have another win or two.

Reaction Score
Obviously we could've won without AJ, San Diego hit a shot with under 10 seconds left to take the lead, and it was a tough fadeaway to boot. If that shot doesn't drop, we win. And I don't get how you're saying depth is huge, but Brimah wouldn't have helped? The Tulsa game got out of hand when Miller picked up his 4th foul and we had to bring in Nolan. He got abused a few plays in a row and that was that. Brimah has his flaws, sure, but we're a better team with him out on the floor, and if we didn't get hurt we may have another win or two.

Sure we could have won with him in the game at Temple. Hell we could have lost vs Memphis with him though too right? I mean facey did match his stats with 7/5/5 after all. Maybe vs Houston we lose too with him as Phil doesn't get to do all the good things on D he did? Lost at Houston last year with him?

Point is we don't have him and the 2 losses should have been wins without him. Coaching was bad in both too, who's to say that would have been better if he played? So many "ifs" from you guys who cares, we should be 14-3 without him and we're not. Move on and hope he makes the colossal difference you guys know he will upon his return!

Geezus

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Sure we could have won with him in the game at Temple. Hell we could have lost vs Memphis with him though too right? I mean facey did match his stats with 7/5/5 after all. Maybe vs Houston we lose too with him as Phil doesn't get to do all the good things on D he did? Lost at Houston last year with him?

Point is we don't have him and the 2 losses should have been wins without him. Coaching was bad in both too, who's to say that would have been better if he played? So many "ifs" from you guys who cares, we should be 14-3 without him and we're not. Move on and hope he makes the colossal difference you guys know he will upon his return!

Geezus

Nobody's saying we'd be undefeated with Brimah, but you yourself have said we're a better team with him back, right? Why is it hard to believe we may have an extra win or two with him healthy when we've had multiple losses by one possession? Playing without a true center is tough, you keep bringing up how many points we gave up in the losses, but not having Brimah affects the offense too.

Reaction Score
Can we settle on we would have had a better chance with AB but still should have won without him. I feel that's a fair compromise like calling a crape a very thin pancake

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
yeah ok Ed gotcha - you need to give that a rest. Temple scored 55 so he would've singlehandedly held them to 45 I'm sure. My bad what was i thinking?

Again, as I posted before, Temple got easy layups with frustratingly little resistance three or four times in the second half after we made big plays on offense and the crowd was starting to come to life. Those plays diffused the energy out of the place. And maybe Gibbs plays that last possession differently knowing there's a shot blocker behind him and does a better job taking away the J. It's not always the total, it's the crucial moments and possessions that change momentum.

But we will never know the result in the parallel universe where AB played. Maybe he's sitting on the bench in foul trouble and we actually lose by more. It's a debate that can't be resolved. I just hope we continue to defend the way we are now with Brimah back there and don't change our approach thinking we have a shot blocker to bail us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom