BRIMAH | The Boneyard

BRIMAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we have all underestimated, including myself, the loss of Brimah in this lineup. Teams are going to the hole against us with ease because we have no one there to stop it. We don't need him for offense; only for his presence in the middle.

Reaction Score
I think we have all underestimated, including myself, the loss of Brimah in this lineup. Teams are going to the hole against us with ease because we have no one there to stop it. We don't need him for offense; only for his presence in the middle.
Though I agree he makes our margin of error smaller I think the key reason we are struggling so much is DHAM is in a major funk. If he doesn't get out it starting with Houston the season is over even before AB comes back.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I remember Brimah shutting down the lane for long periods of time.

Reaction Score
Little to do with it. Obviously there's something there but let's not pretend teams are scoring at will, check the totals. We are losing because we can't score 60 points not because we can't protect the freakin rim.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
DHAM likes to score in the paint with his spin move mid range jumper. When Amida was playing, the defense was concerned about the lob to the rim to Amida, so they backed off DHAM and gave him more space. The loss of Amida has definitely effected DHAM's offensive game.

Reaction Score
Little to do with it. Obviously there's something there but let's not pretend teams are scoring at will, check the totals. We are losing because we can't score 60 points not because we can't protect the freakin rim.
We used to score points off of Brimah's defense.

Reaction Score
DHAM likes to score in the paint with his spin move mid range jumper. When Amida was playing, the defense was concerned about the lob to the rim to Amida, so they backed off DHAM and gave him more space. The loss of Amida has definitely effected DHAM's offensive game.

Spin move an mid range jumper? Who the hell are you talking about? LOL...hilarious

Reaction Score
Spin move an mid range jumper? Who the hell are you talking about? LOL...hilarious
Yeah not sure about any spin moves but he he does force the defense to sag which is not letting ham penetrate as much as usual. The lob is in every defensive plan against us ( can't even remember the last one we had). It also kills the penetrate to a wide open look vs a contested 3.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

I am talking about Daniel Hamilton. He does that pivot spin move in the lane all the time before he shoots.

Reaction Score
I don't thin we all underestimated Brimah's loss. What is stunning is that you lose the conference defensive player of the year and some folks thought it would help.

You know what's really screwed up is if someone read everything and somehow came up with people thinking it would help? Not sure where. It will help in the long run getting Facey time and now Phil back into the groove, not in a w's and L's way but it does eventually help.

But you aren't being honest with yourself if you think the 2 losses were because he wasn't out there. I mean look at the points and tell me the huge difference he would have made without us scoring points?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie tried to turn Brimah into a post up scorer. But, Brimah had little aptitude for it.
So, I think people tended to think Brimah was a liability on offense and on defense because he could not rebound at a high level. Shot blocking in the lane is hugely important and why Brimah will get a long look at the next level. People also forget how Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler turned the lob into an art form one season.

Reaction Score
You know what's really screwed up is if someone read everything and somehow came up with people thinking it would help? Not sure where. It will help in the long run getting Facey time and now Phil back into the groove, not in a w's and L's way but it does eventually help.

But you aren't being honest with yourself if you think the 2 losses were because he wasn't out there. I mean look at the points and tell me the huge difference he would have made without us scoring points?

He scores about 8 points a game. I think we beat Temple with him in the line up. We scored about 50 total in that game. So yeah, I think he makes a huge difference on offense in that one.

And don't you think that Hamilton being lost is a side effect of Brimah being out. They have excellent chemistry. DHam hasn't had a running mate down low since Brimah went out. So that affects our offesne as well.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
When AB first went out, other teams had a layup line to the basket. Our guards have gotten somewhat better at not getting beat. Our other bigs have gotten experience. Both of these things will make us better down the road.

But could we have beat Temple with AB? I think so. It was a 2 point loss. And I wouldn't totally rule out Tulsa. Just his energy might have changed that game. I also think DHam's funk would be a bit less with AB playing..Mau, unless you believe Facey, Nolan, Enoch are equal or better than AB, your statement is hard to figure relative to a 2 point loss.

Reaction Score
This has been a tough stretch, but i think its working out as we hoped. Defense has improved. Hopefully Brimah can return and take us to an elite defensive team.

Reaction Score
He scores about 8 points a game. I think we beat Temple with him in the line up. We scored about 50 total in that game. So yeah, I think he makes a huge difference on offense in that one.

And don't you think that Hamilton being lost is a side effect of Brimah being out. They have excellent chemistry. DHam hasn't had a running mate down low since Brimah went out. So that affects our offesne as well.

Yeah he's an offensive force I forgot. The fact they can't score 60 points has little to do with Brimah. You should win that game without him as well as Tulsa. That's pretty simple to understand isn't it? How many times can I say he would make a difference in most games? But in those just win, let's not throw his 7.5 points a game out there as the reason, that's just plain stupid!

Reaction Score
Yeah he's an offensive force I forgot. The fact they can't score 60 points has little to do with Brimah. You should win that game without him as well as Tulsa. That's pretty simple to understand isn't it? How many times can I say he would make a difference in most games? But in those just win, let's not throw his 7.5 points a game out there as the reason, that's just plain stupid!
Also, you wrote it as it would be an additional 8 points, when in reality the minutes are being distributed elsewhere so there may not be any loss of points. It's obvious what a huge contribution AB makes on the defensive side of the ball, let's not get carried away with his "offense".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When AB first went out, other teams had a layup line to the basket. Our guards have gotten somewhat better at not getting beat. Our other bigs have gotten experience. Both of these things will make us better down the road.

But could we have beat Temple with AB? I think so. It was a 2 point loss. And I wouldn't totally rule out Tulsa. Just his energy might have changed that game. I also think DHam's funk would be a bit less with AB playing..Mau, unless you believe Facey, Nolan, Enoch are equal or better than AB, your statement is hard to figure relative to a 2 point loss.

We are clearly better with him. We are giving up loads of layups, many of which might not even be attempted if he was in the game. That being said, I think the team will be better for learning to play without him, if we can win enough games to avoid the NIT. When is he due back anyway? Should be soon I think.

Reaction Score
Mau, you really don't think Hamilton's offensive game has suffered with the absence of Brimah?

Reaction Score
Also, you wrote it as it would be an additional 8 points, when in reality the minutes are being distributed elsewhere so there may not be any loss of points. It's obvious what a huge contribution AB makes on the defensive side of the ball, let's not get carried away with his "offense".

So many things people don't think about when it comes to him. He makes a difference because he blocks and alters shots, hard to replace. His defense on man isn't good at all and his rebounding either. We had 22 rebounds the other night against Tulsa just with DHam and Miller most of which were defensive rebounds and that's a big number. In other words Tulsa missed shots whether he was in there or not blocking shots they were awful. We were worst on O somehow so little difference because we couldn't score, that should've been a win despite him being in the game or not. Same with Temple it's about scoring the ball not stopping these teams we lost to. Also many of his blocks go out of bounds - has anyone thrown the number of times the other team has scored immediately after a block? He averages 20 minutes a game anyway, he's not stopping every run to the basket even when playing.

I mean score 60 plus and you've won every game he hasn't been able to play it's really simple.

Reaction Score
Mau, you really don't think Hamilton's offensive game has suffered with the absence of Brimah?

I am sure to an extent but his offense suffered with Brimah in the game too. Too many times he was undecided when going tot he hoop and took crappy shots because suddenly the lob wasn't there. He's 14 for 61 in the last 5 games and many are shots he made more often than not, no difference at all. Again, very little to do with Ab more to do with just make the damn shot. Slump I'd say more than anything. I mean he played better yesterday but missed many open looks short still in the 2nd half and ended up 4-13 - he is killing us to a point but his rebounding has been tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom