Brimah | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah I've seen him. Not sure how good he'll be as a freshman though. He put up some good numbers, but also looked pretty raw in the games I watched. So for next year, I don't know either way.
But at the worst, he probably gives us what Olander has this season. A few decent stretches, but not much. Taking into account the improvement we can expect out of AB, Nolan, and Facey our front court should be better, and beefier, no matter what.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
But at the worst, he probably gives us what Olander has this season. A few decent stretches, but not much. Taking into account the improvement we can expect out of AB, Nolan, and Facey our front court should be better, and beefier, no matter what.

Definitely a way better athlete than Tyler. Looks more aggressive too.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I agree he's playing very good, he's a difference maker on the court and he didn't looked scared against Louisville

but he 's far from peaking, he's still near the bottom of his learning curve

he's going to be sensational

and for the record, Bimah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyler, c'mon man

Reaction Score
I never understood why Ollie rarely played AB during the first 10 games. He would be even further along right now.
He's basically played him as much as foul trouble has allowed the entire year. The guy was a walking foul at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
It's sounds almost like heresy given that Nap is leaving, but I'll be disappointed/surprised if UConn isn't better next year.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy that we expect UConn to be even better next year replacing a player who does so many things esp. making big shots in Napier. But I agree with you. I think this team will have some of the best guard depth in the country and that the post play particularly Brimah will make major strides (be able to stay on the court for 25 -30 minutes).

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's pretty crazy that we expect UConn to be even better next year replacing a player who does so many things esp. making big shots in Napier. But I agree with you. I think this team will have some of the best guard depth in the country and that the post play particularly Brimah will make major strides (be able to stay on the court for 25 -30 minutes).

Guys, lets not get crazy. We are loosing a lot. Not just bazz, but many games were won this year by the lock down defense and spurts of offense that Kromah has given us. And lets not forget our 50% three point shooter. Giffey and Kromah were great glue guys this year and provided senior experience and leadership. Dham, Rock and RP will need to be great out of the gate for us to match the 26 plus wins next year.

Bazz has been off the past week or so, but during the rest of the season, we would have lost a ton of games if he wasn't there. Most of the time when he was take out, we looked lost on offense. Heck, he also was the teams best rebounder, he will be sorely missed. I think it may play out like 2012 after Kemba left. High expectations, but we take a step back.

Reaction Score
If brimah suited up for UNC there would be talk of first round pick this year. His passing is no joke. him with 20 pounds dear lord, that means he'll actually be able to establish post position. also has TERRIFIC touch. and an kenneth faried like MOTOR.

Reaction Score
He's a much better prospect than somebody like Alex Len.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If brimah suited up for UNC there would be talk of first round pick this year. His passing is no joke. him with 20 pounds dear lord, that means he'll actually be able to establish post position. also has TERRIFIC touch. and an kenneth faried like MOTOR.

I mentioned his passing skills in another thread. He has quickly improved his passing out of double teams. Mostly because he doesn't panic. He stays calm and waits for the correct pass to develop. Putting him on the block next season and having DD or Phil crash the rim from the weak side will make for an effective low post offense.

Reaction Score

No, he wouldn't. 1st, he wouldn't get any playing time there. 2nd, the guy has trouble playing 20 minutes without fouling out. I love his potential, but he's a still a project.

Reaction Score
No, he wouldn't. 1st, he wouldn't get any playing time there. 2nd, the guy has trouble playing 20 minutes without fouling out. I love his potential, but he's a still a project.
what are you talking about? he can't stay on the floor vs ville aka the best team in the country with the best big in the country. Are you watching uconn games? he's exhibited deft touch as well as defensive prowess. And passing. Thats rare.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think we'll turn into more of a slashing/drive and kick team next year. We lose a lot in terms of 3-pt shooting, but make up for it in athletic, big, slashing guards that can finish at the rim. And we improve the frontcourt, hopefully with Brimah being a 10/7/4 guy and Nolan learning to rebound.

We'll be better simply because we'll have more offensive options and better athletes. Its up to Ryan to take us to the promised land and repeat as Nat'l Champs.

Reaction Score
what are you talking about? he can't stay on the floor vs ville aka the best team in the country with the best big in the country. Are you watching uconn games? he's exhibited deft touch as well as defensive prowess. And passing. Thats rare.

Yeah I guess the 30+ other games that he can't stay on the floor because of foul trouble was an aberration. A few good games doesn't change what he is, a talented, very raw player that needs a lot more work. He's put together 2 straight decent games, let's not get crazy and proclaim him the next Thabeet for the rest of the year going forward. Good post players don't have problems stringing together multiple games of 8+ boards. I'm not sure Brimah's ever done that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom