Brimah - what is the story? | The Boneyard

Brimah - what is the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate to be down on the guy but it both mystifies me and pisses me off to watch him stand as the ball bounces on the rim and someone simply jumps above him and grabs the ball. While I won't claim to be an expert at NBA talent, I don't see AB going anywhere.
A win is a win and let's bring on the Cuse - maybe AB and Omar can just sit a cheer.

Reaction Score
He wasn't the only one giving up offensive boards in that early stretch, once they all got their collective ish together they all rebounded better. Either you have an agenda to bang on or you must have turned off the TV after the first 5 minutes.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We honestly played better with him on the bench, but he deserves to start for now.

Reaction Score
He struggled tonight and didn't play much in the 2nd half. We have options this year. Yes it hurt us on the defensive end at points but you can see Ollie is telling him...no rebounding, multiple turnovers...bench.

Reaction Score
gtcam said:
I hate to be down on the guy but it both mystifies me and pisses me off to watch him stand as the ball bounces on the rim and someone simply jumps above him and grabs the ball. While I won't claim to be an expert at NBA talent, I don't see AB going anywhere. A win is a win and let's bring on the Cuse - maybe AB and Omar can just sit a cheer.

Ha. Such a d__ckhead comment.

Reaction Score
He needs rebounding drills with Drummond in a phone booth.
Unless he's going to magically gift his physical traits to AB, it won't matter. Drummond doesn't even box out the majority of the time, he's just stronger and quicker off his feet than every C in the league, he's mastered the art of tapping rebounds to himself on multiple jumps until he corrals them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Unless he's going to magically gift his physical traits to AB, it won't matter. Drummond doesn't even box out the majority of the time, he's just stronger and quicker off his feet than every C in the league, he's mastered the art of tapping rebounds to himself on multiple jumps until he corrals them.
Yep, and I'd love to seen Brimah at least get off his feet more than once. He seems to overextend and then stumble/fall.

Reaction Score

It's ludicrous to say Drummond (averaging over 17 boards a game in the NBA) rebounds purely on athleticism.

Reaction Score
Yep, and I'd love to seen Brimah at least get off his feet more than once. He seems to overextend and then stumble/fall.

Well I guess he fell into 5 rebounds in 18 minutes, he had games last year where he wasn't even close to that in 30+ minutes. You guys saw one play where Doyle grabbed one rebound over his head and now apparently that is how the entire game played out.

Reaction Score

No base and no balance. He's never wide always narrow with the feet and his balance is not really good. He was awful early not even getting near a rebound for 5 minutes then got a couple in traffic and boxed out to help others a couple times. Long way to go, his defense wasn't too good either, but he's still our guy.

Reaction Score
It's ludicrous to say Drummond (averaging over 17 boards a game in the NBA) rebounds purely on athleticism.

Not ludicrous when I actually watch games, and him tapping rebounds to himself is a combination of athleticism and technique, its something that most bigs can't do unless you have his combination of length, quick feet, jumping ability, and strength.

Reaction Score
Brimah is a project (nowhere near completed), which we all knew 2 years ago. He is okay and on progress for a breakout Senior year.

Hilton was similar and a couple of others. Brimah works hard and is certainly not lazy.

No need to complain, once you remember what he was coming in.

He's not invisible and is making contributios in every game he plays.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ha. Such a d__ckhead comment.

Yeah that's me Ern - I consider that a compliment from a genius like you
You are such a miserable self absorbed expert in so many areas

Reaction Score
Brimah is a project (nowhere near completed), which we all knew 2 years ago. He is okay and on progress for a breakout Senior year.

Hilton was similar and a couple of others. Brimah works hard and is certainly not lazy.

No need to complain, once you remember what he was coming in.

He's not invisible and is making contributios in every game he plays.

Yeah he makes contributions for sure and there are times he shows you a new improved area but with those are some plays that make you shake your head in disbelief. He is still lost on defense very often and hurts us there (as does Facey) when not blocking shots. Hence the small ball a lot tonight, KO was not happy with the bigs rotation on defense and for good reason.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Rodman style. Quickest up and down off his feet I've ever seen. AD's got some of that.

Reaction Score
I missed first half, but i saw him get a rebound in traffic. I'm not a big Brimah guy, but he looked a little more capable to me. I'm not too worried about him these days. He does some things well. Other things poorly. He shouldn't leave early. He may not be a pro at all, but he's a little better than last year. That's good enough for me.

caw

Reaction Score
Not ludicrous when I actually watch games, and him tapping rebounds to himself is a combination of athleticism and technique, its something that most bigs can't do unless you have his combination of length, quick feet, jumping ability, and strength.

I'm going to slightly disagree with you. He does get a lot of his rebounds because of his athleticism and size. That is true, especially on the offensive side. But I have noticed two things this season so far. First he does box out better on the defensive boards than in previous years. True he still uses his size and strength and athleticism to grab the boards, but he does fight for position more now also. Secondly, he's getting pretty good at the old trick Rodman used on the offensive boards of going behind the basket then using his butt to back his way to the front of the rim when the shot is taken. So he does use some technique, but probably not anything that would help Brimah.

Reaction Score
Like other posters said he is what he is now. No offense besides dunks and putbacks and a great shot blocker. His rebounding is improving but of course not too good for a man his size. He definitely is stronger than last year but still seems to be learning how to play the game. He probably won't get drafted but I still have hope he can develop a little bit more to his game.

Reaction Score
When AB was a freshman, I thought he was going to be the second coming of Patrick Ewing. He had a good frame, could block shots, runs the court, and he had a nice stroke at the free throw line.

Two years later, I'm disappointed in his skills development, expected a bit more muscle, and wonder if his work ethic is an issue. I'm glad to see KO using a bit of tough love at this point and hope he responds well to it. I have a feeling he will.

Reaction Score
He was mostly out muscled by their bigs and didn't fight for position on rebounds at the beginning of the game.

Speed lineup worked well with him out.

ALSO this is a 3 day in a row tourney. Not saying he was being rested, but he will get minutes and may match up better with other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom