"Brimah sustained a testicular contusion..." | The Boneyard

"Brimah sustained a testicular contusion..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Is this real or a typo/joke?
2. If it is real then... OUCH!
3. Must have been really bad if he was injured on the 12th and he is still recovering
4. I would have gone all Bob Diaco on this and would have just told the media that Brimah is dealing with a lower body injury and leave it at that.
5. The last time the Boneyard had a post/theme on balls was the 2014 national championship run... I feel much better about our chances come March!

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85376911/

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If it was a typo, what do you imagine the correct sentence was?

He sustained a testicular confusion?
Testicular confucius perhaps.

C

Chief00

I agree - difficult to understand how ankle and calf injuries are called lower body injuries due to privacy protection and this isn't.
Or in football maybe it's really more about not telling your opponent.

Reaction Score
"We've been putting the work in, in the gym. Omar and me, we shoot threes after every practice, we have a little contest." Maybe Purvis should be putting in extra work at the charity line...he is awful

Reaction Score
From the Hartford Courant:

Brimah sustained a testicular contusion in the game at Ohio State Dec. 12; he apparently was hit with a knee to the groin area in traffic around the basket. He was limping much of the game, but did finish. "I saw the play," Rodney Purvis said. "Amida went to jump up and the dude was like, well, the rest is history. He gets sympathy from every male."

The team decided to sit Brimah against UMass Lowell on Sunday.

"We just wanted to be real cautious with the injury," Ollie said. "It's in a sensitive part of the body and we didn't want him to get hit again. We wanted to give him another day or two to rest it. If he can't go against Central Connecticut [on Wednesday], he should be ready to go on the 29th [at Texas]. I believe that. So he's day to day."

Does anyone remember that play?

Reaction Score
If he got hurt against OSU on December 11 (12th?) and still couldn't play on December 20th. And he "should be ready" for Texas on the 29th? That ain't day to day. That's week to week.

Sounds like they are downplaying something pretty serious.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember that play?

Yes, It was during a rebound at the side of the basket near the pep band.
He was obviously hurting, and Ollie rested him shortly thereafter. I was hoping it was a groin hit, so that he would recover quickly, but he noticeably still feeling it later in the game.

Reaction Score
Media Q to Graig Nettles Yankee 3rd baseman - Do you wear a cup every game?
Nettles reply - I wear a cup just to watch a game.:rolleyes:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If he got hurt against OSU on December 11 (12th?) and still couldn't play on December 20th. And he "should be ready" for Texas on the 29th? That ain't day to day. That's week to week.

Sounds like they are downplaying something pretty serious.

Probably sore as duckck. Ollie might have thought they wouldn't need him against UMASSL, and so, decided to be conservative.

Reaction Score
Probably sore as duckck. Ollie might have thought they wouldn't need him against UMASSL, and so, decided to be conservative.
But it's 8 days later. We all have been hit in the nuts. But I was never was sore for a week, let alone eight days and counting.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
But it's 8 days later. We all have been hit in the nuts. But I was never was sore for a week, let alone eight days and counting.
Clearly this is a case of all men not being created equal.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I'm guessing he burst a blood vessel or something. Makes sense to rest it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He busted a nut. You've never done that??

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Testicular Collision maybe? Who knows. Brimah must be really embarrassed on this one. Young college kid, news about his jewels all over campus. Easy dates you think?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Testicular Collision maybe? Who knows. Brimah must be really embarrassed on this one. Young college kid, news about his jewels all over campus. Easy dates you think?
I'm actually surprised that they gave so much detail on his condition. Normally, they say it's an abdominal strain or something.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised that they gave so much detail on his condition. Normally, they say it's an abdominal strain or something.

Wish they had said "broken ball".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For the record this must have been an all-time nut shot or hit.

He sat out a game 8 days after the hit against OSU.

Even the worst nut pain I've ever had due to direct contact went away after 2-3 days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On a side note, here's a good holiday joke.

What is more painful, giving birth or taking a nut shot?

Well, men and women will each make strong arguments to support their point of view

But consider this. Almost all women, after a period of time and reflection, will talk about the joy of giving birth and wanting to get pregnant again.

No man has ever spoke poetically about a nut shot or wanting to go through the pain again.

Debate settled.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
On a side note, here's a good holiday joke.

What is more painful, giving birth or taking a nut shot?

Well, men and women will each make strong arguments to support their point of view

But consider this. Almost all women, after a period of time and reflection, will talk about the joy of giving birth and wanting to get pregnant again.

No man has ever spoke poetically about a nut shot or wanting to go through the pain again.

Debate settled.
ROFLMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member