+/-? Brimah/Miller? | The Boneyard

+/-? Brimah/Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Is there a good place to get CBB +/- stats? I wish it was included in the normal stat line. I feel like this team crumbles when neither Brimah nor Miller are in, and play their best basketball when they're both in. I want to see how true this holds for games they've both played, but don't have the patience to go by a play-by-play and do them myself. Is there somewhere to get them? Do other people share the same feeling?

Reaction Score
I had this exact thought a couple weeks ago and searched high and low but couldn't find anything. Hopefully someone else on here has an idea.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was screaming to put them both back in in the 2nd half last night. Enoch & Facey were getting killed.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I was screaming to put them both back in in the 2nd half last night. Enoch & Facey were getting killed.
Me too. Why did they take Miller back out for so long? I thought he only had 3 fouls, looking now I didn't realize he fouled at 7:49 in the second half. Was that a charge? I remember Ollie taking him out pretty much right after he was put back in, and I remember him almost getting called for a charge but there being no call. I thought the <8 timeout was for an out of bounds. Knowing that was a foul makes me feel a lot better. I was getting super frustrated when I thought he only had 3.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Me too. Why did they take Miller back out for so long? I thought he only had 3 fouls, looking now I didn't realize he fouled at 7:49 in the second half. Was that a charge? I remember Ollie taking him out pretty much right after he was put back in, and I remember him almost getting called for a charge but there being no call. I thought the <8 timeout was for an out of bounds. Knowing that was a foul makes me feel a lot better. I was getting super frustrated when I thought he only had 3.

He went in with 3 (before Brimah) and quickly got his 4th

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Fortunately, Miller got another foul in the first half that they reassigned

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
He went in with 3 (before Brimah) and quickly got his 4th
Yeah I just watched the replay. ESPN app crapped out once or twice, I must have missed it.

Reaction Score
If KO isn't going to play Brimah during crunch-time, then there's really no point in being so strict with him when it comes to fouls. Let him play through some of them.

Reaction Score

AB did nothing either. One play he watched Harrison ball fake and go by him for the easiest lay in of the night to cut the lead down more. He was like a statue, really bad. He needs to know this guy wants to get to the hole, do not go out to meet him you're the last line of defense protect the rim. He doesn't, not smart enough and that's the issue with most of them minus Miller.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
AB did nothing either. One play he watched Harrison ball fake and go by him for the easiest lay in of the night to cut the lead down more. He was like a statue, really bad. He needs to know this guy wants to get to the hole, do not go out to meet him you're the last line of defense protect the rim. He doesn't, not smart enough and that's the issue with most of them minus Miller.
Yeah I won't argue that AB isn't contributing much on the stat line or that he's a poor rebounder, by everyone else does seem to play much better with him out there. Our best offense seems to be AB at the 5 and SM at the 4.

Reaction Score
Yeah I won't argue that AB isn't contributing much on the stat line or that he's a poor rebounder, by everyone else does seem to play much better with him out there. Our best offense seems to be AB at the 5 and SM at the 4.

Our best offense is whenever any of the 1-4's are scoring the ball because right now our bigs don't. I mean Phil had to lobs for lay ins yesterday so our offense was better with him for while. Truth is our offensive success will not run through any 5 on the floor unless we are playing small. ;)

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Our best offense is whenever any of the 1-4's are scoring the ball because right now our bigs don't. I mean Phil had to lobs for lay ins yesterday so our offense was better with him for while. Truth is our offensive success will not run through any 5 on the floor unless we are playing small. ;)
100% agree. Skill wise none of our bigs are there. Honestly, Facey can probably do the most and he gets next to no minutes. But, in terms of the 1-4s doing better, it seems like they do best with AB. Idk if it's a confidence he brings out, or if it's his willingness to come to the top of the key and set a screen (that no other 5 seems to have) or what, but it's definitely something.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I think the bigger story is Miller though. +17 with him last night, which includes the last 3. Ignoring that +20. There's so much talk on here about "who is the stud of this team?" It's Miller.

Reaction Score
I think the bigger story is Miller though. +17 with him last night, which includes the last 3. Ignoring that +20. There's so much talk on here about "who is the stud of this team?" It's Miller.

Where are you getting this data?

Reaction Score
Brimah leaves his feet on Defense way too often picking up fouls. Keep your damn feet on the court till they shoot Amida. Then you can stay on the court and not ride the bench.

Reaction Score
You can go to uconnhuskies.com. Final stats, play by play. Easy to figure out.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Miller takes no from anybody and lets them know it. He is a stud. I have to research on his career at Cornell. I might add, Facey and Nolan I believe, had two nice blocks from the rear. They get theirs.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Miller has shown flashes of brilliance and has been pretty consistent in some ways, but until he can keep his fouls down, he falls below stud or star category for me. He suffers for the lack of perimeter players who can get him the ball at the right time/place. I would like to see the Huskies go to him over and over until it fails badly (with a reasonably good matchup for him, of course). He has been a godsend overall and now he will just turn it down a bit on D and stay in the games.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

I'm not surprised by your assessment :cool:

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised by your assessment :cool:

What I am surprised by is anyone thinking since he came back that he's done anything at all. Truth is he came out like gangbusters vs Tulsa the other night the first 4-5 trips very active on both ends, even an offensive rebound and put back, but so much as to get into foul trouble again too early. And then he became that player which is so frustrating. Facey was the best of the group but still loses his guy on defense, much better on the offensive boards. Phil had a couple hoops and stops on D but some really painful fouls too. Not picking on one in particular, as a group if they would just play to their strengths when in (and that's not asking much) we'd have less of a hole in the middle.

Reaction Score
What I am surprised by is anyone thinking since he came back that he's done anything at all. Truth is he came out like gangbusters vs Tulsa the other night the first 4-5 trips very active on both ends, even an offensive rebound and put back, but so much as to get into foul trouble again too early. And then he became that player which is so frustrating. Facey was the best of the group but still loses his guy on defense, much better on the offensive boards. Phil had a couple hoops and stops on D but some really painful fouls too. Not picking on one in particular, as a group if they would just play to their strengths when in (and that's not asking much) we'd have less of a hole in the middle.
AB will get better with playing time. He's actually leaving his feet less on defense, but still using his hands to much. His intimidation effect on defense, and his lob potential on offense makes him valuable in ways that don't show on the stat line. I want him out there as much as possible and I think we will see more of him as he shakes off the rust.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Seems like +/- has become the go to stat on the Boneyard. I'm ok with it but it isn't the be all and end all stat. My stat from Saturday was AB 16 minutes, 2 rebounds and SM 21 minutes, 2 rebounds. That is a pretty easy stat to define. It's all about effort and want to. We can talk about mitigating factors but rebounding the basketball is a primary requirement for a teams starting center and power forward.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Seems like +/- has become the go to stat on the Boneyard. I'm ok with it but it isn't the be all and end all stat. My stat from Saturday was AB 16 minutes, 2 rebounds and SM 21 minutes, 2 rebounds. That is a pretty easy stat to define. It's all about effort and want to. We can talk about mitigating factors but rebounding the basketball is a primary requirement for a teams starting center and power forward.
Yeah it's pretty unacceptable that dham is far and away our best rebounder

Reaction Score
AB will get better with playing time. He's actually leaving his feet less on defense, but still using his hands to much. His intimidation effect on defense, and his lob potential on offense makes him valuable in ways that don't show on the stat line. I want him out there as much as possible and I think we will see more of him as he shakes off the rust.

Ok I hope so because it's not there right now, rust or not. He didn't get a rebound in either of the last 2 games when we needed one and that's a 6'11 guy who we really need to do just that. Until he does you can have all the intimidation factor you get, it's not making up for what's missing. We can only hope though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom