Brimah in the news | The Boneyard

Brimah in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can't resist the temptation. Must make comment on photo.

He does look thicker through the neck and shoulders. Good area to add strength.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
750x422

Reaction Score
I know one thing, him growing up in Ghana I'm sure has instill some serious character in him. Captain is definitely fitting for him. Beyond excited for what he and our team is going to do this year!

What is up with that subscription thing? I mean i got around it, but i tried to share the article with others and people cant read and just say oh well. Is that supposed to help their business or something?

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Great read here and a very telling quote that I always believed to be true...I can easily see Amida being a 4 year guy for us due in large part to his backstory and who he is

"You have to realize that Amida does not come from the same place most players do," Hernandez said. "The AAU circuit, the talk about the NBA, one-and-done and all that. This is all a new experience for him, and he loves college, and I could see where getting a degree is very important to him. I am just very glad he is around people, like Coach Ollie, who will give him good advice."

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that was worried by the thread title?

Great read. Love having kids that we can be proud to root for.

Me too.

I remember the old days....our guys in the news it seemed too often...for all the wrong reasons. Ugghh

Reaction Score
I know one thing, him growing up in Ghana I'm sure has instill some serious character in him. Captain is definitely fitting for him. Beyond excited for what he and our team is going to do this year!

What is up with that subscription thing? I mean i got around it, but i tried to share the article with others and people cant read and just say oh well. Is that supposed to help their business or something?

If you go to google and search for courant and some of the words in the headline, you can get the link there and it wont have the pop up that blocks you from reading. (are we not supposed to share that?)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
forgot about that paid subscriber crap smh

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
BUT, BUT, THE KID CAN'T CATCH A DAMN REBOUND!
/endsarcasm.

He's such an easy kid to root for, which is why I'm one of Amida's staunch supporters when threads about him around here devolve into chaos.
So happy to have a kid like Amida in our program. Great story. I'm sure that a person of his character will get his degree and his NBA contract.

Reaction Score
They pay their writers...?

I'm not trying to be smart, honestly, but is this something alot of online paper companies do? I thought online news outlets used advertising to make money these days. And whats the point if i can find a way to get around it anyways. Just curious. I'd think they would want more traffic and not less. And dont they have a free subscription anyways?

Reaction Score
If you go to google and search for courant and some of the words in the headline, you can get the link there and it wont have the pop up that blocks you from reading. (are we not supposed to share that?)

Yup, thats what i ended up doing!

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be smart, honestly, but is this something alot of online paper companies do? I thought online news outlets used advertising to make money these days. And whats the point if i can find a way to get around it anyways. Just curious. I'd think they would want more traffic and not less. And dont they have a free subscription anyways?

Online advertising pays abysmally. A single person giving you a dollar directly can be equivalent to hundreds of people viewing ads. In that incentive structure, they're better off finding people who are willing to pay.

Reaction Score
Online advertising pays abysmally. A single person giving you a dollar directly can be equivalent to hundreds of people viewing ads. In that incentive structure, they're better off finding people who are willing to pay.

Interesting. I would imagine that they are struggling? Are that many people paying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom