Brimah face up game | The Boneyard

Brimah face up game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
His jumper was there all season. . I always thought his future was a stretch four. Depends what happens in the weight room this summer.

Reaction Score
He kicked it back out a couple of times, that was bigger than the buckets. LOL

This team is growing and I see them knowing how to play together. The trust is there, the understanding is there and it shows.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His face up game as a sophomore is further along than Patrick Ewing was as a sophomore. About 20 lbs of good muscle added over the next two years and then he gets to decide his future.

Reaction Score
His jumper was there all season. . I always thought his future was a stretch four. Depends what happens in the weight room this summer.

Agree 100%. We all know on here that he is not a true 7 footer and he does not have the type of frame that is going to support the extra 25 lbs he will need to battle with Chandler, Gasol, Randolph, Bogut etc if he tries to play center in the association. To me he looks somewhere between 6'10" and 6'11", but his ridiculously long arms and enormous hands allow him to play much taller and his build/athleticism make him much more suited to be a defensive asset at the 4 than the 5. Look at Brimah and Thabeet next to each other-HT had massive thighs/hindquarters and had a build much more suited to the 5 and was unable to succeed whereas Brimah is all arms and legs like a giant grasshopper. I am unsure if he has the lateral quickness to defend NBA (or even college) 4's out to the perimeter and not get blown by every time, but I think he has a better chance of earning a 2nd contract as a 4 than he does as a 5 trying to battle in the post.

The other part about the development of Brimah's face up game is that if we are not completely out of the Diamond Stone sweepstakes yet, you can pitch him at center with brimah at pf. If Brimah can turn himself into a consistent threat from 12-18 feet, you can slot DS next to him at the 5 as he seems to be more competent in the post right now than Brimah will be next year. Then, on D, you have two 6'10" defenders, one a 250 lbs monster who cannot be moved off the block and the other a genetic marvel who could block 4 shots a game. Even if Stone ends up somewhere else, I expect hamilton and brimah to be or greatest threats next year and that shot will open up the lane tremendously for Samuel/Purvis/Calhoun/Adams.

Reaction Score
Best part about Brimah? His passion for the game. Dude just loves basketball. Always out there smiling. I love it. It's more than just a game to him which is awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 111
Reaction Score
Dude, noooooo! He wouldn't have the handle or range to be a stretch 4 and you'd be negating his #1 skill, blocking shots, in the process.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Dude, noooooo! He wouldn't have the handle or range to be a stretch 4 and you'd be negating his #1 skill, blocking shots, in the process.

Obaka routinely leads KC in block shots. Haslim has made a living by hitting the fifteen foot jumper for Miami.
Brimah is not the second coming of Moses. How well did Brimah fair against the one NBA type player he played against this year: Okafor? However, right now if he can routinely hit that open jumper and come off his man to block shots and run the floor and catch lobs, he can make a pro roster next year. They're not going to ask him to other things. He has to be able to contribute 10-15 minutes a night.

Reaction Score
Been preaching this for a while, he looks confident face up and less when posting up. His jumper more than likely also pulls one of the other teams best rebounder out also. We could see more of that soon!

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. We all know on here that he is not a true 7 footer and he does not have the type of frame that is going to support the extra 25 lbs he will need to battle with Chandler, Gasol, Randolph, Bogut
What? What does that ever mean, "does not have the type of frame"???

I was always rail thin - similar frame to his, but much shorter. I hit the weights for about 5 years. In that time, I put on about 35 pounds of muscle and 20 pounds of fat. I went from 150 and skinny as all get out to 205 and ripped with a narrow waist (didn't last long though! Got to the mountain top and then took a long nap). He has the PERFECT frame for putting on muscle, because he can easily add 30 pounds of muscle and not have it make him bulky - it will be like a sculpture emerging. Guys who are stocky already are the ones who have to be concerned with adding "too much" muscle, but I'm not even convinced that that's possible, within reason.

Reaction Score
Obaka routinely leads KC in block shots. Haslim has made a living by hitting the fifteen foot jumper for Miami.
Brimah is not the second coming of Moses. How well did Brimah fair against the one NBA type player he played against this year: Okafor? However, right now if he can routinely hit that open jumper and come off his man to block shots and run the floor and catch lobs, he can make a pro roster next year. They're not going to ask him to other things. He has to be able to contribute 10-15 minutes a night.
unfair, the refs didn't give him a chance in that one

Reaction Score
No way is he a 4. Many centers even in the NBA can hit outside shots. Not many true post up Centers. I mean Gasol is more of a finesse center who loves that 10-15 jump shot.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
His face up game is certainly better than his post up game, but that's not saying all that much now is it?

Would like to see him take more of those elbow and mid range jumpers. Sadly he may be the only other guy I would trust to be able to make 2-2 from the line outside of Boat. Amida has a great stroke for a big with those tree limbs

Reaction Score
The guy is a tireless working. An amazing recruit signing that checks off all the boxes. Character , intelligence , physical gifts...

Reaction Score
Having a face up game and being able to hit an open jumper are not the same things. DeAndre Daniels had a face up game. I don't think I've ever seen Brimah put the ball on the floor after facing the basket, at least not successfully. He has been able to convert on jump shots when defenders are unaware enough to play off him, but I'm not sure his face up game is any more advanced than his post game at this stage. That said, I am very happy with his development.

Reaction Score

When I watch Brimah play I always think Udonis Haslem.

Reaction Score
Having a face up game and being able to hit an open jumper are not the same things. DeAndre Daniels had a face up game. I don't think I've ever seen Brimah put the ball on the floor after facing the basket, at least not successfully. He has been able to convert on jump shots when defenders are unaware enough to play off him, but I'm not sure his face up game is any more advanced than his post game at this stage. That said, I am very happy with his development.
I think centers can have a different mold in face up games. like a forwards faceup game imo involves more dribbling, a center has a height advantage so alot of times he can be a great passer at the 5. being able to see over the defense, throw those skip passes. but you hit the nail on the head, AB has a proficient jumper, but if crowded what will he do? How is his triple threat/jab step ability... being able to get a good hook/floater off. a la gasol. but lets hear what AB had to say

“I’ll work on mid-range jumpers a lot,” Brimah said. “I just don’t use it ‘cuz I feel like, to me, jumpers are kinda soft. So I’ll just go in the paint more. If you give me a lot of space, I’m gonna shoot it.”

Reaction Score
I think centers can have a different mold in face up games. like a forwards faceup game imo involves more dribbling, a center has a height advantage so alot of times he can be a great passer at the 5. being able to see over the defense, throw those skip passes. but you hit the nail on the head, AB has a proficient jumper, but if crowded what will he do? How is his triple threat/jab step ability... being able to get a good hook/floater off. a la gasol. but lets hear what AB had to say

No, you're definitely right. Centers don't put the ball on the floor that much, even in the pros. Hell, a guy like Ibaka who plays predominantly the four seems allergic to dribbling. Even if Brimah never develops much of a face up game, being able to pop on side pick-and-rolls adds a valuable component to our offense. As you say, the next step for him will be to work on navigating tight spaces in the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom