Brimah face up game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brimah face up game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
kind of remind me of Gorgui Dieng. Same lengthy frame and the ability to make a mid range shot.

Reaction Score
What's up with his inability to get rebounds? Anyone have ideas? Its head scratching with his size to say the least, plus he always seems to be near the rim. Not to mention he can out jump most opponents. Perhaps just inexperience (e.g. positioning, ball trajectory recognition, etc.)?

Reaction Score
What's up with his inability to get rebounds? Anyone have ideas? Its head scratching with his size to say the least, plus he always seems to be near the rim. Not to mention he can out jump most opponents. Perhaps just inexperience (e.g. positioning, ball trajectory recognition, etc.)?

Yeah I don't care how many shots he blocked 1 rebound is unacceptable for his size and ability.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
What's up with his inability to get rebounds? Anyone have ideas? ?

I spent quite a bit of time focusing on Amida on missed shots against Tulsa and I still can't figure it out. He actually gets in decent position on occasion, blocks out and then just kind of watches someone else grab the ball or lets it hit the ground. I guess its just inexperience.

Reaction Score
No, you're definitely right. Centers don't put the ball on the floor that much, even in the pros. Hell, a guy like Ibaka who plays predominantly the four seems allergic to dribbling. Even if Brimah never develops much of a face up game, being able to pop on side pick-and-rolls adds a valuable component to our offense. As you say, the next step for him will be to work on navigating tight spaces in the paint.
Yup, i think a major issue is brimah vs the refs. the refs give the man no respect on literally every possession. They see him as undersized etc, even IF he is in great position. thats why i project him as an outstanding rotation guy in the league. he's gonna get the respect soon, and the FT attempts will pile up

as far as rebounding, we team rebound alot and brimah has worked his ARSE off getting in good position. its unfair to trash his rebound numbers, boatright snags a crap ton of his boards. He can be a fine rebounder in time. he just needs to explode off his 'box outs', he usually can't. the reason why hamilton and boatright are prolific rebounders for their positions is because of brimah. he is in there throwing bodies. i'm tired of the boneyard trashing ABs rebounding.

Reaction Score
^ It's hard to complain about his rebounding when we won the boards 39-30. I'll be concerned if he gets bullied by SMU tomorrow.

Reaction Score
^ It's hard to complain about his rebounding when we won the boards 39-30. I'll be concerned if he gets bullied by SMU tomorrow.

or picks up bs calls. we really need to stop that, he needs to stay on the floor even if the refs dont respect him. fine let the opposition get a few easy buckets. STAY ON THE FLOOR. no silly ish, it not worth.

before i came through with insider stuff about how KO was teaching lesson to his personnel IN GAME, taking chances/ sacrifices etc. i really understand the tight leash on brimah now, he's trying to slowly build the habits in AB to not stick his gangly hands places, or even attempt bs charges. just get in there and do what you do AB, which is mostly spectacular stuff. we need him for the small ball, which could be potent.

Reaction Score
What? What does that ever mean, "does not have the type of frame"???

I was always rail thin - similar frame to his, but much shorter. I hit the weights for about 5 years. In that time, I put on about 35 pounds of muscle and 20 pounds of fat. I went from 150 and skinny as all get out to 205 and ripped with a narrow waist (didn't last long though! Got to the mountain top and then took a long nap). He has the PERFECT frame for putting on muscle, because he can easily add 30 pounds of muscle and not have it make him bulky - it will be like a sculpture emerging. Guys who are stocky already are the ones who have to be concerned with adding "too much" muscle, but I'm not even convinced that that's possible, within reason.

Just look at him vs Okafor. At that height, if you aren't built thick it is very difficult to gain substantial weight. You have to consume to many calories and are already working out at such a high level that gaining 30 lbs for him is much more difficult than it is for you. Additionally, when you saw Anthony Davis or young Tyson Chandler, you saw someone who had very broad shoulders, but had not filled out yet and sure enough, they both added a tremendous amount of muscle mass without sacrificing their natural athleticism. Amidah is all arms and legs with a built closer to DeAndre Daniels. He will certainly get stronger-and is probably much stronger already than any of us would imagine in terms of raw bench press-but with his naturally svelte frame, coupled with the level of activity these guys are at both through the 82 game season and full off season, it is very hard to add the 40 lbs he would need to be a traditional 6'11" 265 lbs center. Plus, if he did add that much weight, it would certainly zap some of his astounding athleticism-which is why he is a prospect in the first place. I am not saying he won't get stronger or that he could never compete as an NBA center, just that I think it is much more likely he adds 25 lbs just to be able to play in the league than he adds 40-50 lbs and starts banging down low as a traditional 5. He could still play center at that size, but would be at a disadvantage.

As far as stocky guys go, with their activity, if they figure "it" out (the ridiculous amount of work it takes to be an NBA regular), they can easily shed the pounds, but at a minimum you know they can handle the rigors of the post from the get go (unless theyre just dough boys). Look at how Marc Gasol came into the league as a marshmellow and is now ripped or a guy like David West who is just naturally huge.

I just seem Amidah's build closer to DD or Austin Daye or Nerlens Noel than A. Davis or Chandler where he's never going to be a rock down low. He is wiry.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I spent quite a bit of time focusing on Amida on missed shots against Tulsa and I still can't figure it out. He actually gets in decent position on occasion, blocks out and then just kind of watches someone else grab the ball or lets it hit the ground. I guess its just inexperience.

I think that he just lacks the size and strength to be able to jump and secure the ball if he is in contact with another player. He stands up straight and doesn't seem able to get lower and create a lower center of gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom