Brimah/Drummond and Help Defense | The Boneyard

Brimah/Drummond and Help Defense

Reaction Score
I had a chance to watch a Zach Lowe video on Andre's inability to help defend on screen and roll and it made me focus on Amida last night and how he handles similar. To my naked eye, Amida was excellent. Where Amida tends to get in trouble is one on one matchup and bailing out the opponents with silly fouls. The three point blunder at the end of the first half was just one egregious example. When he isn't forced to defend the post or play one on one out on the perimeter, he consistently walls off dribble penetration while still protecting the rim. If there is going to a AAC Tournament miracle, Amida will be on the floor in the final five minutes of each games. If he is sitting next to Ollie, keep your fingers crossed on getting in the NIT.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Drummond might not touch Amida as a P&R, but he's a lot better at not fouling 30 feet from the hoop.

Reaction Score
I had a chance to watch a Zach Lowe video on Andre's inability to help defend on screen and roll and it made me focus on Amida last night and how he handles similar. To my naked eye, Amida was excellent. Where Amida tends to get in trouble is one on one matchup and bailing out the opponents with silly fouls. The three point blunder at the end of the first half was just one egregious example. When he isn't forced to defend the post or play one on one out on the perimeter, he consistently walls off dribble penetration while still protecting the rim. If there is going to a AAC Tournament miracle, Amida will be on the floor in the final five minutes of each games. If he is sitting next to Ollie, keep your fingers crossed on getting in the NIT.

Sorry he is playing better so I tried to leave it alone but as people know I can't. When not blocking shots his defense is mediocre at best and I mean best. He is usually out of position and he allows 2-3 passes a game actually go right by his arm/body without reacting to them. I mean if you're going to help from the low block you know there's a decent chance a good offensive player will try to get it to your man, he still hasnt figured this out, not sure I've ever seen a deflected pass from him in this situation. He is very athletic and because of this he should be able to guard the 3 on another big but really can't. He's a good shot blocker! And please, no more passing on offense just hand it off please!:eek:

Seriously though he is still the best option at the end of the game especially with the lead, need him there to protect the rim I agree.

H

huskymagic

Amida is our anchor and needs to play all game if possible. Amida is a special defensive talent. He's Tyson Chandler 2.0 and we can definitely beat SMU and Cincinnati. With Amida, Jalen, CV, Kentan, Rod, and Vance we have enough.

PS: Amida Dominate the NCAA all the way to the NBA

Reaction Score
This might sound crazy, but I played ball. You gotta know how to play with shot blockers. Defensive rotations are just as important as the shot blocker. When Amida commits to challenge a shot, the defense has to rotate when he leaves his man to help someone. We dont do that enough. As good as we been playing defensively, we could get better. When we learn how to play defense as a unit, and in sync with one another we could do damage.

Reaction Score
Amida is our anchor and needs to play all game if possible. Amida is a special defensive talent. He's Tyson Chandler 2.0 and we can definitely beat SMU and Cincinnati. With Amida, Jalen, CV, Kentan, Rod, and Vance we have enough.

PS: Amida Dominate the NCAA all the way to the NBA

LOL I'm starting to believe you aren't really as stupid as your posts are and you're just trying to get a rise out people who fall for your act. Congrats I did. And I say this hoping you're really not that dumb I really do magicman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom