Brimah: 2015-2016 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brimah: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He can't though. The only thing I was thinking was Nolan playing him and that's all good and dandy but guess who loses minutes? The guy who go 14 and 9 Mr Facey. Unfortunately the only hope was for him to use his head and stay in the game. How did that work out? Go to a zone and we don't make them work as hard and they eventually get comfortable after a prolonged look at it. It's on Brimah to stay in the game, its really that simple!
Yes, I agree that Facey can't lose the minutes so there is no easy or maybe no solution because Okafor is really going to abuse anyone he plays. They say Amida weighs around 235, Nolan 230? The difference seemed so much more than that like a giant playing with kids, and if refs are going to call cheap fouls there's no chance because he can't avoid incidental contact. Even with all of that it was 6 points with 3 minutes and then again 1 1/2 minutes.

Reaction Score
He wasn't on Okafor straight up so that obviously was not the strategy. They doubled Okafor every single time he touched the ball in the post. There are several reasons why they did that, but one of them is to keep Brimah from having to defend him on the block and almost certainly get in foul trouble. Can you think of a single possession where Brimah was left on an island guarding Okafor in the post?

Ollie's postgame quotes refute everything you're saying. He didn't want Brimah trying to take a charge (1st foul), hand checking 15 feet from the basket (2nd foul), or holding Okafor away from the ball (3rd foul). Brimah just isn't the most cerebral player right now.

He actually played him straight up on his 5th foul and actually blocked him. The ref called a foul which obviously was not a foul.

Reaction Score
To early in the morning Bruce. I see the posts now and wonder wtf I was doing or trying to say. Haven't recovered from the Yale loss I figure.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah shoots his fouls shot fairly well. So I don't see why not give him a pick and pop option from the foul line to see what happens.
And if Brimah is out at the foul line, maybe we can post DHam and Facey and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom