Brief thoughts on STJ game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brief thoughts on STJ game

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
We depended to much on our Big 3 . Everybody else seemed to be standing around to much and not involved in scoring. Reminds me of Maya Moore's senior season,2010–2011, when everyone on that team did the same thing … waiting for Maya to do something.

We need ONO to be ready ASAP. Amen, amen, AMEN!!! This was clear as soon as she signed on the dotted line.

The team needs work . In spades!
We need Ono to be ready, but she is not ready. Mentally or physically. She will be good, but she is not so good now. I hate it. Wish it were not so. :(

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Coombs threw the ball away, and she flubbed an easy shot, and generally was out of control. I like her. I want her to succeed. Ono is lost as often as she is awake. They are not ready to play in very tight games. the upperclassmen went through the process and showed their readiness. I wish it were not so, but it is. Put them in, see how they do, and if they are skittish take them out and talk to them. Geno really does know a bit about coaching. Let's let him.
Then they were yanked for more than what the posters said. By the way, I'm not preventing Geno from coaching. However, he's not beyond making questionable decisions, just like every other coach.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Then they were yanked for more than what the posters said. By the way, I'm not preventing Geno from coaching. However, he's not beyond making questionable decisions, just like every other coach.
He does indeed make mistakes. Watch the replay, forget about what other posters say, and see how Coombs was playing last night. I like her, but Geno knew she was not prepared to face the opponent last night. I really wish she were more controlled , because I believe she can play someday. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Coombs threw the ball away, and she flubbed an easy shot, and generally was out of control. I like her. I want her to succeed. Ono is lost as often as she is awake. They are not ready to play in very tight games. the upperclassmen went through the process and showed their readiness. I wish it were not so, but it is. Put them in, see how they do, and if they are skittish take them out and talk to them. Geno really does know a bit about coaching. Let's let him.

We knew coming into the season that no matter how good ONO was in HS, or how badly they needed her to develop quickly, she was going to play like the freshman she is. And so she is.

Coach her up, let her play through her mistakes and hopefully she’ll be ready to come off the bench in March and give the starters 15-25 minutes a game. There will be many upcoming games that will require her 6-5 presence on the floor. It’s still early in the season. Let’s see where she and rest of the reserves are at the Christmas break.

Since the other reserves have all been there longer, they should be further along in their personal development and understanding of Geno’s system. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I know that was a bad game by UConn and I don’t want to make an excuse for, but it seems like all the top teams are struggling against unranked opponents. Anyone can be be beat this season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I know that was a bad game by UConn and I don’t want to make an excuse for, but it seems like all the top teams are struggling against unranked opponents. Anyone can be be beat this season.

#11 ranked Tennessee had to come from behind in the closing minutes to beat a stubborn and determined unranked UAB team today 73-69.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
We need Ono to be ready, but she is not ready. Mentally or physically. She will be good, but she is not so good now. I hate it. Wish it were not so. :(

She is a big. Bigs take time to develop ... 1.5 - 2 years. Yikes! Well, see development of Charles, Dolson, and yes even Stewart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom